ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Ay2924 said:

Did you get any answers besides just sit & wait? There should be no reason why i should be on review and also what list number are you?

I’m 17xx they told me my application went to management so expect an email. Haven’t gotten any email. Before they told me it’s under review 

23 minutes ago, Manski said:

Hello all, I have question…when you go through final processing and they give you those papers with the salary on top is that starting or top pay?

Starting pay top pay is currently for road train operators $39.8175 which will kick in after 231 road days. 

52 minutes ago, Manski said:

Does one division have more overtime than the other or are they both as busy?

I would base your decision to join a division by reporting location rather than OT. That said, there's plenty of open jobs in both right now due to the shortage of T/O. Either the dispatcher will ask you to do an extra trip or cover a switching/yard job. or you can call the crew office if there's anything open outside of the location you're clearing from. The surefire way to do overtime is to call the crew office for a job on your RDO.

Word  of advice and i speak from experience.

As long as you are on probation i STRONGLY RECCOMEND you do not work your RDOs...

Since there is a shortage of TOs down here and yall are gong to be extra extra you will be pounding the road and working a lot..

Especially over here in the B Div with these new Jobs on the C,E,G,L Lines paying a lot of money with added trips.

Get to know the system First before diving in working RDOs...

Just a word of advice.....

54 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Word  of advice and i speak from experience.

As long as you are on probation i STRONGLY RECCOMEND you do not work your RDOs...

Since there is a shortage of TOs down here and yall are gong to be extra extra you will be pounding the road and working a lot..

Especially over here in the B Div with these new Jobs on the C,E,G,L Lines paying a lot of money with added trips.

Get to know the system First before diving in working RDOs...

Just a word of advice.....

Yeah that work program looks crazy especially for the liens you mentioned.... 6 on the L 😬

6 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah that work program looks crazy especially for the liens you mentioned.... 6 on the L 😬

Thats due to the shortage of Folks down here so instead of paying 4+2 a lot they just added extra trips to those lines..

Im sure there's going to be a few TO s who will pick those jobs, then put those papers in and guess who will be working them?

Extra extra folks...

1 minute ago, Manski said:

Are you recommending us not to work our RDO’s as not to burn our self out or not to get in trouble while on probation?

Yes.. Just my advice of coruse, folks can do whatever they feel comfortable with...

I wont be the only one throwing this advice out there that i can say.