ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received a text message today about pre-employment this week. I'm list number 23xx. I'm curious if anybody could post or PM me specifically what the email says? My main and back up email, which was definitely the email used when I applied for this, have not received anything from the MTA in any folder. I did find a link on here to the 14 page paper to print and fill out, I'm just curious what else the email says and if I'm missing anything else. Thanks. 

11 hours ago, Strommen95 said:

I received a text message today about pre-employment this week. I'm list number 23xx. I'm curious if anybody could post or PM me specifically what the email says? My main and back up email, which was definitely the email used when I applied for this, have not received anything from the MTA in any folder. I did find a link on here to the 14 page paper to print and fill out, I'm just curious what else the email says and if I'm missing anything else. Thanks. 

I received an email for pre-employment. #26xx  the email has an application attached to it which you have to fill. 

Edited by FilippoSironi

22 hours ago, JDS1057 said:

Anyone know when the next class is supposed to start? I just got the email for pre-employment processing for next Wednesday the 6th.

I just finished school car for conductor and I’m only a couple weeks in and def would prefer to be a TO lol 

Congrats on getting in. Any particular reason why you would prefer Train Operator than Conductor?
Asking because I’m currently on the list for conductor and looking forward to applying to Train Operator once a new test date comes out. 

30 minutes ago, yungfeenxm23 said:

Congrats on getting in. Any particular reason why you would prefer Train Operator than Conductor?
Asking because I’m currently on the list for conductor and looking forward to applying to Train Operator once a new test date comes out. 

Personal preference technically but, Money will be better.
Faster to top pay, for TO is 3 years opposed to CR which is 6 years.

Less opportunities you have to deal with public as TO. Also a funny one but I’d prefer the TO uniform over CR lol. 

Plus I hate to say this but, it’s honestly true though some may deny it, you are respected more as a TO than a CR. And I see it everyday now. I personally don’t get why but I just see it 😕

And lastly if you want a supervisor role in the future like TSS, you have to be a TO for two years I believe. 

Anyway good luck on the list they are hiring like crazy rn! 

Hello, This might be a stupid question but I just received a email for the pre-employment application. Do I fill the 1st page out via the link stating if I’m interested, with the rest of the application filled also and send it back to the email or do I just print and fill out the whole application and take it with me in person on the day I’m required to come for processing?

8 minutes ago, WalkingSucks said:

Hello, This might be a stupid question but I just received a email for the pre-employment application. Do I fill the 1st page out via the link stating if I’m interested, with the rest of the application filled also and send it back to the email or do I just print and fill out the whole application and take it with me in person on the day I’m required to come for processing?

I received my canvass and completed it and emailed it back and just received an email that I must bring it in with me, when they give me a scheduled date. Do you already have a scheduled date to come in?

16 minutes ago, WalkingSucks said:

Hello, This might be a stupid question but I just received a email for the pre-employment application. Do I fill the 1st page out via the link stating if I’m interested end send that back  or with the rest of the application filled out also and send it back to the email or do I just print and fill out the whole application and take it with me in person on the day I’m required to come for processing? 

You can complete the application in Adobe and then print out and sign the pages that need signing and email it back to them OR you can fill the while thing out by hand and then email it back to then. Either way you'll bring a copy with you to give to them at the appointment. 

25 minutes ago, TraDon said:

You can complete the application in Adobe and then print out and sign the pages that need signing and email it back to them OR you can fill the while thing out by hand and then email it back to then. Either way you'll bring a copy with you to give to them at the appointment. 

Thank you, do I fill the part out that I’m interested and email it or I can just take to my schedule date?

31 minutes ago, WalkingSucks said:

Thank you, do I fill the part out that I’m interested and email it or I can just take to my schedule date?

Just bring your paperwork to the day of your appointment. If you fill it out prior to the date just don’t put the date you filled it out until the day of your appointment. 

51 minutes ago, WalkingSucks said:

You reply to the email they sent to you saying that yes you're interested. You will fill the paperwork out and return to the email address they specify in the canvass email. You will bring your completed paperwork with you to your appointment as well.