ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

57 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

i forgot my EXACT list number

does anyone have that link that lets you search by name? they had a link pinned on this forum but its now gone.  thxx

2 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

nevermind found it!  

I was 2 minutes late getting to you but I'm sure someone else will ask. Use the link here to find your list number. I says 6601 (Conductor) but 7604 Train Operator can be found in it too. 

To find your name click on the search tool 🔍 and type in 7604 and your name. It should show you your list number.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings all. First off thank you all for your info and insight over the years. It’s much appreciated on my part.  Got appointed yesterday and obviously won’t have my boots in time. Can anyone recommend ones I can wear as a substitute until my real ones come in? Thanks 

20 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

Greetings all. First off thank you all for your info and insight over the years. It’s much appreciated on my part.  Got appointed yesterday and obviously won’t have my boots in time. Can anyone recommend ones I can wear as a substitute until my real ones come in? Thanks 

Congrats.

Anything u have at home. I wouldn't buy a new pair just to have to put them to the side. They should know u have to wait for them 

Edited by beanz

6 minutes ago, Saikano08 said:

Hey guys, got the call and text but no email. I did confirm over the automated message that I was interested. Do I need the email to confirm too? Saw the links to fill out the paperwork in the previous posts. TIA!

list # 24XX

Yeah confirm over email that way Ms. Vargas has actual proof that you received the email, check your spam or any other folders to see if you have it there if not call early tomorrow morning and let her know and she'll help you out she's a super sweet lady. You can talk to her or Ms. Olha both very sweet people.

On 9/29/2021 at 10:16 PM, JDS1057 said:

Personal preference technically but, Money will be better.
Faster to top pay, for TO is 3 years opposed to CR which is 6 years.

Less opportunities you have to deal with public as TO. Also a funny one but I’d prefer the TO uniform over CR lol. 

Plus I hate to say this but, it’s honestly true though some may deny it, you are respected more as a TO than a CR. And I see it everyday now. I personally don’t get why but I just see it 😕

And lastly if you want a supervisor role in the future like TSS, you have to be a TO for two years I believe. 

Anyway good luck on the list they are hiring like crazy rn! 

😂😂😂 dope reasoning. Congrats All the best to you and great success on the journey. 

11 hours ago, TraDon said:

I was 2 minutes late getting to you but I'm sure someone else will ask. Use the link here to find your list number. I says 6601 (Conductor) but 7604 Train Operator can be found in it too. 

To find your name click on the search tool 🔍 and type in 7604 and your name. It should show you your list number.

Which number do we go by? My original was 34xx. Then I received a letter saying new number is 28xx. My certification number is currently 24xx.

7 hours ago, thegameksk said:

Which number do we go by? My original was 34xx. Then I received a letter saying new number is 28xx. My certification number is currently 24xx.

I've never heard of a list number changing. Double check that that's what you're reading correctly.

22 minutes ago, TraDon said:

I've never heard of a list number changing. Double check that that's what you're reading correctly.

There was an issue with some of the questions. I don't have the letter anymore but I wrote down the new number.  So which number do they follow list or certified? If list then what is the certified number for?

10 minutes ago, yungfeenxm23 said:

Any time frame as to when the next T/O exam will be held? 

From what I heard this exam was the last exam to the public. Further exams for TO will be promotional. Although I know they are very short staffed so they might do one last one to public but nothing is completely confirmed. 

18 minutes ago, Steph said:

From what I heard this exam was the last exam to the public. Further exams for TO will be promotional. Although I know they are very short staffed so they might do one last one to public but nothing is completely confirmed. 

This is also heard 

3 hours ago, thegameksk said:

There was an issue with some of the questions. I don't have the letter anymore but I wrote down the new number.  So which number do they follow list or certified? If list then what is the certified number for?

Your list number. 

1 hour ago, Steph said:

100% accurate here. I spoke with Ms. Olha and she advised that currently the 7604 exam list is set to expire Fall of next year but could be extended because there is no word on another exam yet. But everyday brings something different especially in NYCT so you never know. 

2 hours ago, Steph said:

Good morning does anyone know what to expect when you go back for medical hold? I’m suppose to go back this Tuesday at 11am. 

The front desk will direct you to the waiting area for the MAC. You will hand your medical results to the MAC receptionist. When the doctor sees you, they'll have already gone over the results and cleared you, and you will be directed back to the other side of the floor to be appointed by Ms. Vargas.

4 hours ago, thegameksk said:

The certified number is for the people currently in consideration for the job. Your list number does not change.

4 hours ago, kev2112 said:

48 hours and I still can't get on the boot website

Ms. Vargas tells everyone it'll take a bit of time. You'll probably be at PS248 for a week or two before you're sent out to the yards, so you'll have time as they send it out next day air. If you can't order by next week, I would definitely inform schoolcar.

16 hours ago, Jericho said:

The front desk will direct you to the waiting area for the MAC. You will hand your medical results to the MAC receptionist. When the doctor sees you, they'll have already gone over the results and cleared you, and you will be directed back to the other side of the floor to be appointed by Ms. Vargas.

The certified number is for the people currently in consideration for the job. Your list number does not change.

Ms. Vargas tells everyone it'll take a bit of time. You'll probably be at PS248 for a week or two before you're sent out to the yards, so you'll have time as they send it out next day air. If you can't order by next week, I would definitely inform schoolcar.

Got my boots ordered. What kind of shoes are acceptable for the first week? And do I have to show proof that I ordered them? Thanks 

On 10/1/2021 at 1:05 PM, JDS1057 said:

100% accurate here. I spoke with Ms. Olha and she advised that currently the 7604 exam list is set to expire Fall of next year but could be extended because there is no word on another exam yet. But everyday brings something different especially in NYCT so you never know. 

Considering how everytime something serious has happened (08 crash) they always extended the list I'll be shocked if its not extended by at least a year.  Add on with how short they are I don't think they have a choice but to extend it.