ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 minute ago, thegameksk said:

Considering how everytime something serious has happened (08 crash) they always extended the list I'll be shocked if its not extended by at least a year.  Add on with how short they are I don't think they have a choice but to extend it.

Yeah I agree because if they hire from inside right now then they'll be more missing crews than there is now

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Replied to my canvass email to a:  Inderia.Samsundar@nyct.com
.....still no response as to what the date/time is for the processing day. LOLZ. seems like there was as glitch, cuz in my email it didn't state the date/time to show up.
can't believe a glitch is preventing me from a CHANCE to get hired.
hope u guys have better luck!

37 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

Replied to my canvass email to a:  Inderia.Samsundar@nyct.com
.....still no response as to what the date/time is for the processing day. LOLZ. seems like there was as glitch, cuz in my email it didn't state the date/time to show up.
can't believe a glitch is preventing me from a CHANCE to get hired.
hope u guys have better luck!

The canvass email will not give you a date to show up.

The canvass is sent to people whose list numbers are within the alloted amount of applicants to be certified for a certain time. Those applicants will get the canvass email at staggered times. It's basically saying this job that you were interested in may now be available to you. You fill out the forms and send them back.

At some point after that you will get an email for the pre-employment phase which will start with drug testing. That email will state a date and time for you to come in to be tested.

Once that is done (and you do not fail the drug test) you will be contacted again to continue pre-employment by coming in for medical testing. They will give you a 21 page packet of forms to fill out and another date and time to come in for the medical portion.

Should you pass medical you would then be fingerprinted and sworn in. Should you be placed on medical hold [like I was and still am] you will have 100 days from your medical appointment date to clear the hold.

2 hours ago, TraDon said:

The canvass email will not give you a date to show up.

The canvass is sent to people whose list numbers are within the alloted amount of applicants to be certified for a certain time. Those applicants will get the canvass email at staggered times. It's basically saying this job that you were interested in may now be available to you. You fill out the forms and send them back.

At some point after that you will get an email for the pre-employment phase which will start with drug testing. That email will state a date and time for you to come in to be tested.

Once that is done (and you do not fail the drug test) you will be contacted again to continue pre-employment by coming in for medical testing. They will give you a 21 page packet of forms to fill out and another date and time to come in for the medical portion.

Should you pass medical you would then be fingerprinted and sworn in. Should you be placed on medical hold [like I was and still am] you will have 100 days from your medical appointment date to clear the hold.

firstly thanks for this info!

and secondly DAMN!!!!! this is more grueling and lenghty than the adventure into Mordor!!

On 9/30/2021 at 5:17 PM, kev2112 said:

Greetings all. First off thank you all for your info and insight over the years. It’s much appreciated on my part.  Got appointed yesterday and obviously won’t have my boots in time. Can anyone recommend ones I can wear as a substitute until my real ones come in? Thanks 

Order them quickly mine literally came 2 days after I ordered them and you’ll need them after week 1. Week 1 is just a bunch of paperwork everyday.

I just went for my medical this past Thursday but I got put on medical hold, the next day I got the stuff from my doctor that they needed and emailed employment operations MRO how long does it take to get a reply back from them for my new appointment date?

6 minutes ago, CJ21292 said:

I just went for my medical this past Thursday but I got put on medical hold, the next day I got the stuff from my doctor that they needed and emailed employment operations MRO how long does it take to get a reply back from them for my new appointment date?

I was out on hold last Monday, emailed them Thursday evening and they replied back Friday morning right before noon. So just one day for me. Double check make sure you put correct email all your information list number last 4 digits of social exam number everything. Also make sure email went through on your side check your sent mail. 

15 minutes ago, Steph said:

I was out on hold last Monday, emailed them Thursday evening and they replied back Friday morning right before noon. So just one day for me. Double check make sure you put correct email all your information list number last 4 digits of social exam number everything. Also make sure email went through on your side check your sent mail. 

I sent it to the twice around noon on friday because the first time I got an automated response from them stating to put down my exam # and list # or whatever which i did so  i sent another one in case something was wrong and did get a response.

1 minute ago, CJ21292 said:

I sent it to the twice around noon on friday because the first time I got an automated response from them stating to put down my exam # and list # or whatever which i did so  i sent another one in case something was wrong and did get a response.

Well if you sent Friday I’m pretty sure you would get an email today. 

1 hour ago, CJ21292 said:

Which email address did you use? I still haven’t heard back from anyone 

On 10/2/2021 at 8:27 PM, Schecter said:

Yeah I agree because if they hire from inside right now then they'll be more missing crews than there is now

Plus it takes a few years between opening applications, getting them, setting up testing, taking testing, scoring testing, etc. Ive seen numerous train alerts near me saying "we are running as many trains as we can with the staff we have". They don't have time to wait years for testing to be done. 

4 hours ago, thegameksk said:

Plus it takes a few years between opening applications, getting them, setting up testing, taking testing, scoring testing, etc. Ive seen numerous train alerts near me saying "we are running as many trains as we can with the staff we have". They don't have time to wait years for testing to be done. 

😳 didn’t know the work that goes into administering these exams. 🙏🏾 Do hope they roll out another T/O exam soon. Been waiting for years to get on a T/O list. Good luck to everyone though 🤘🏾

1 hour ago, BrooklynN said:

I got the email for the pre-employment application last week. Still waiting on the next email or call for date and time to go 180 Livingston Street for Pre Employment processing. Should I just wait or contact them? 

If you got the canvass letter last week and returned the completed paperwork back to them by the deadline in the email then you haven't technically gone through pre-employment yet. 

You will hear back from them about pre-employment and drug testing and that email, text or phone message will have a date and time of your drug test.

20 minutes ago, TraDon said:

If you got the canvass letter last week and returned the completed paperwork back to them by the deadline in the email then you haven't technically gone through pre-employment yet. 

You will hear back from them about pre-employment and drug testing and that email, text or phone message will have a date and time of your drug test.

Thank you for the reply. Just received call few mins ago, scheduled to go 180 late next week early morning. List Number 26xx.