ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

On 10/3/2021 at 4:34 PM, TraDon said:

The canvass email will not give you a date to show up.

The canvass is sent to people whose list numbers are within the alloted amount of applicants to be certified for a certain time. Those applicants will get the canvass email at staggered times. It's basically saying this job that you were interested in may now be available to you. You fill out the forms and send them back.

At some point after that you will get an email for the pre-employment phase which will start with drug testing. That email will state a date and time for you to come in to be tested.

Once that is done (and you do not fail the drug test) you will be contacted again to continue pre-employment by coming in for medical testing. They will give you a 21 page packet of forms to fill out and another date and time to come in for the medical portion.

Should you pass medical you would then be fingerprinted and sworn in. Should you be placed on medical hold [like I was and still am] you will have 100 days from your medical appointment date to clear the hold.

I just got the date for the Processing Day 1!!

- how long was the wait between Day 1 (drug test)  and Day 2 (medical day)?

- why were you placed on a medical hold?  would pre-existing conditions puts us on hold?

THX~

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

I just got the date for the Processing Day 1!!

- how long was the wait between Day 1 (drug test)  and Day 2 (medical day)?

- why were you placed on a medical hold?  would pre-existing conditions puts us on hold?

THX~

It could be 3-90 days between drug testing day 1 and medical day 2 but it seems they are hiring faster so may be more like a week or so...but that is just an educated guess.

I was placed on hold for neck size and high BMI. I have to do sleep apnea testing. I am up for Conductor but the same applies for Train Operators.

If your blood pressure is high or your neck size is over 17 inches or BMI higher than 32? (I do not remember the exact number) then you may be placed on medical hold.

I have read that some people have just taken doctor's notes explaining pre-existing conditions and the kept them from being placed on hold. I have also read people saying the opposite occured and they were still placed on hold. 

Before medical you will fill out paperwork that asks about pre-existing conditions and what you may be taking for them. The doctor will also go over that with you once you're there. 

15 hours ago, Manski said:

He said you can bring a backpack (Tomorrow ONLY) if that’s all you have, but after that you can only bring a bag that you can carry in your hands for safety reasons.

Invest in the KaKa bag or invest in a similar bag where you can hide the straps if needed. Depends the TSS you have during school car but several don’t care if you have straps or not as long as you hand carry it when you’re on tracks. 

Hey for the email to request an appointment date to go back to finish medical I know they ask for full name ,exam number, list number, and last four of your social but do you actually have to type requesting new appointment date for medical? (sorry if this sounds like a dumb question)

1 hour ago, CJ21292 said:

Hey for the email to request an appointment date to go back to finish medical I know they ask for full name ,exam number, list number, and last four of your social but do you actually have to type requesting new appointment date for medical? (sorry if this sounds like a dumb question)

It wouldn't hurt to be specific like that.

7 hours ago, CJ21292 said:

That’s what I did under subject I put medical hold. Started the Email good evening just left my doctors office and now have all required paperwork etc. You get the idea don’t know if that’s why they emailed the next day or what. 

8 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Login to the portal @ mymta.info on a computer. Once you’re on the homepage, there will be tabs on the left side. Click on “My Pay” and then Direct Deposit. Run through the instructions and submit it. 

It can take up to a month for it to take effect. 

Thank you I’m going to try it out 

5 hours ago, trackerjack said:

What was ur list #??   just wondering if we 25xx+ have a chance to get into classes after if we pass processing.

good luck!!

You should be fine i was 21xx process went fast for me my drug test was a Thursday by the next Tuesday i got a email to go in for medical for the Wednesday after that was final processing and they squeezed me in the  October class that started this Monday ….. i should say you should be in the next class if you started sometype of process after the canvass

Congratulations to the New Hires!

If any of you are on Facebook i suggest (just a bit of advice)you look for and join the  RTO part of Unions Facebook Page...

Rapid Transit Review....

They have Union Reps on that Page ask any question...

Ask more questions know your rights.

Im sure Eric and Company will say it  if they haven't already..

This is to notify you that the following numbered items apply to you if there is an “X” next to the number.
X 1. You were considered and not selected on the Open Competitive List for a Train Operator (Yard) vacancy.
If there is an “X” next to items 2, 3, 4, or 5, you are ineligible under the rules of the City Personnel Director for further certification from the civil service list specified above for the following reasons:
X 2.
3. 4. 5.
You were considered and not selected for Appointment in accordance with Rule 4.7.1 (c), of the Rules and Regulations of the New York City Personnel Director.
You failed to reply, or you failed to report for an interview, or you failed to report for duty.

i just got this via email today does anyone know what rule this is?

4 minutes ago, Ay2924 said:

This is to notify you that the following numbered items apply to you if there is an “X” next to the number.
X 1. You were considered and not selected on the Open Competitive List for a Train Operator (Yard) vacancy.
If there is an “X” next to items 2, 3, 4, or 5, you are ineligible under the rules of the City Personnel Director for further certification from the civil service list specified above for the following reasons:
X 2.
3. 4. 5.
You were considered and not selected for Appointment in accordance with Rule 4.7.1 (c), of the Rules and Regulations of the New York City Personnel Director.
You failed to reply, or you failed to report for an interview, or you failed to report for duty.

This is the one in three tule and you are not eligible for employment.  For ALREADY civil service employed individuals it gives the agency the right to select 1 out of 3 applicants already in the system .  Unfortunately you weren’t chosen us what this letter states.  

2 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

This is the one in three tule and you are not eligible for employment.  For ALREADY civil service employed individuals it gives the agency the right to select 1 out of 3 applicants already in the system .  Unfortunately you weren’t chosen us what this letter states.  

Soo thats it? Theres no chance i can get hired nowv

19 minutes ago, Schecter said:
19 minutes ago, Schecter said:

You can try contacting/hiring a civil service lawyer to fight the decision, other than that there's no chance of you getting hired. Sorry if that sounded harsh...

Can this happen to any applicant or just those who are already civil service members?

23 minutes ago, Schecter said:

You can try contacting/hiring a civil service lawyer to fight the decision, other than that there's no chance of you getting hired. Sorry if that sounded harsh...

Can this happen to any applicant or just those who are already civil service members?

On 10/7/2021 at 1:15 PM, Ay2924 said:

X 2.
3. 4. 5.

@Ay2924, I just sent you a Private Message (PM) in regards to this, which can be found towards the top-right hand side of the Forums website. If you can get back to me by sending me a reply, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, BrooklynN said:
14 minutes ago, BrooklynN said:

They assign you a division or you can choose? Also can you switch division? or would stay for the whole career? 

They only have a certain amount of open spots for each division. So, if one division gets filled up you will be assigned to the division that still have spots. You can switch divisions down the road but you’ll most likely have to go back to school car for training.