Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

T/O #7604 Hiring Process


ren
Message added by SevenEleven

TRAIN OPERATOR #7604

List Status Update: 5/19/2021

Pay: Starts at $34 and increases to $36 after 231 days on the road following the completion of schoolcar.

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial P/E: (1400s); For Medical: (low 1400s)

Classes Scheduled: Unknown

Recommended Posts

On 10/3/2021 at 4:34 PM, TraDon said:

The canvass email will not give you a date to show up.

The canvass is sent to people whose list numbers are within the alloted amount of applicants to be certified for a certain time. Those applicants will get the canvass email at staggered times. It's basically saying this job that you were interested in may now be available to you. You fill out the forms and send them back.

At some point after that you will get an email for the pre-employment phase which will start with drug testing. That email will state a date and time for you to come in to be tested.

Once that is done (and you do not fail the drug test) you will be contacted again to continue pre-employment by coming in for medical testing. They will give you a 21 page packet of forms to fill out and another date and time to come in for the medical portion.

Should you pass medical you would then be fingerprinted and sworn in. Should you be placed on medical hold [like I was and still am] you will have 100 days from your medical appointment date to clear the hold.

I just got the date for the Processing Day 1!!

- how long was the wait between Day 1 (drug test)  and Day 2 (medical day)?

- why were you placed on a medical hold?  would pre-existing conditions puts us on hold?

THX~

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

I just got the date for the Processing Day 1!!

- how long was the wait between Day 1 (drug test)  and Day 2 (medical day)?

- why were you placed on a medical hold?  would pre-existing conditions puts us on hold?

THX~

It could be 3-90 days between drug testing day 1 and medical day 2 but it seems they are hiring faster so may be more like a week or so...but that is just an educated guess.

I was placed on hold for neck size and high BMI. I have to do sleep apnea testing. I am up for Conductor but the same applies for Train Operators.

If your blood pressure is high or your neck size is over 17 inches or BMI higher than 32? (I do not remember the exact number) then you may be placed on medical hold.

I have read that some people have just taken doctor's notes explaining pre-existing conditions and the kept them from being placed on hold. I have also read people saying the opposite occured and they were still placed on hold. 

Before medical you will fill out paperwork that asks about pre-existing conditions and what you may be taking for them. The doctor will also go over that with you once you're there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Manski said:

He said you can bring a backpack (Tomorrow ONLY) if that’s all you have, but after that you can only bring a bag that you can carry in your hands for safety reasons.

Invest in the KaKa bag or invest in a similar bag where you can hide the straps if needed. Depends the TSS you have during school car but several don’t care if you have straps or not as long as you hand carry it when you’re on tracks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey for the email to request an appointment date to go back to finish medical I know they ask for full name ,exam number, list number, and last four of your social but do you actually have to type requesting new appointment date for medical? (sorry if this sounds like a dumb question)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CJ21292 said:

Hey for the email to request an appointment date to go back to finish medical I know they ask for full name ,exam number, list number, and last four of your social but do you actually have to type requesting new appointment date for medical? (sorry if this sounds like a dumb question)

It wouldn't hurt to be specific like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Login to the portal @ mymta.info on a computer. Once you’re on the homepage, there will be tabs on the left side. Click on “My Pay” and then Direct Deposit. Run through the instructions and submit it. 

It can take up to a month for it to take effect. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, CJ21292 said:

Hey for the email to request an appointment date to go back to finish medical I know they ask for full name ,exam number, list number, and last four of your social but do you actually have to type requesting new appointment date for medical? (sorry if this sounds like a dumb question)

That’s what I did under subject I put medical hold. Started the Email good evening just left my doctors office and now have all required paperwork etc. You get the idea don’t know if that’s why they emailed the next day or what. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Moneyslap03 said:

Currently in my first week of classes , does anyone know how to go about setting up direct deposit

What was ur list #??   just wondering if we 25xx+ have a chance to get into classes after if we pass processing.

good luck!!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Login to the portal @ mymta.info on a computer. Once you’re on the homepage, there will be tabs on the left side. Click on “My Pay” and then Direct Deposit. Run through the instructions and submit it. 

It can take up to a month for it to take effect. 

Thank you I’m going to try it out 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, trackerjack said:

What was ur list #??   just wondering if we 25xx+ have a chance to get into classes after if we pass processing.

good luck!!

 

You should be fine i was 21xx process went fast for me my drug test was a Thursday by the next Tuesday i got a email to go in for medical for the Wednesday after that was final processing and they squeezed me in the  October class that started this Monday ….. i should say you should be in the next class if you started sometype of process after the canvass

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulations to the New Hires!

If any of you are on Facebook i suggest (just a bit of advice)you look for and join the  RTO part of Unions Facebook Page...

Rapid Transit Review....

They have Union Reps on that Page ask any question...

Ask more questions know your rights.

Im sure Eric and Company will say it  if they haven't already..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is to notify you that the following numbered items apply to you if there is an “X” next to the number.
X 1. You were considered and not selected on the Open Competitive List for a Train Operator (Yard) vacancy.
If there is an “X” next to items 2, 3, 4, or 5, you are ineligible under the rules of the City Personnel Director for further certification from the civil service list specified above for the following reasons:
X 2.
3. 4. 5.
You were considered and not selected for Appointment in accordance with Rule 4.7.1 (c), of the Rules and Regulations of the New York City Personnel Director.
You failed to reply, or you failed to report for an interview, or you failed to report for duty.
 

i just got this via email today does anyone know what rule this is?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ay2924 said:

This is to notify you that the following numbered items apply to you if there is an “X” next to the number.
X 1. You were considered and not selected on the Open Competitive List for a Train Operator (Yard) vacancy.
If there is an “X” next to items 2, 3, 4, or 5, you are ineligible under the rules of the City Personnel Director for further certification from the civil service list specified above for the following reasons:
X 2.
3. 4. 5.
You were considered and not selected for Appointment in accordance with Rule 4.7.1 (c), of the Rules and Regulations of the New York City Personnel Director.
You failed to reply, or you failed to report for an interview, or you failed to report for duty.
 

i just got this via email today does anyone know what rule this is?

This is the one in three tule and you are not eligible for employment.  For ALREADY civil service employed individuals it gives the agency the right to select 1 out of 3 applicants already in the system .  Unfortunately you weren’t chosen us what this letter states.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

This is the one in three tule and you are not eligible for employment.  For ALREADY civil service employed individuals it gives the agency the right to select 1 out of 3 applicants already in the system .  Unfortunately you weren’t chosen us what this letter states.  

Soo thats it? Theres no chance i can get hired nowv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ay2924 said:

Soo thats it? Theres no chance i can get hired nowv

You can try contacting/hiring a civil service lawyer to fight the decision, other than that there's no chance of you getting hired. Sorry if that sounded harsh...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Schecter said:
19 minutes ago, Schecter said:

You can try contacting/hiring a civil service lawyer to fight the decision, other than that there's no chance of you getting hired. Sorry if that sounded harsh...

Can this happen to any applicant or just those who are already civil service members?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Schecter said:

You can try contacting/hiring a civil service lawyer to fight the decision, other than that there's no chance of you getting hired. Sorry if that sounded harsh...

 

Can this happen to any applicant or just those who are already civil service members?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/7/2021 at 1:15 PM, Ay2924 said:

This is to notify you that the following numbered items apply to you if there is an “X” next to the number.
X 1. You were considered and not selected on the Open Competitive List for a Train Operator (Yard) vacancy.
If there is an “X” next to items 2, 3, 4, or 5, you are ineligible under the rules of the City Personnel Director for further certification from the civil service list specified above for the following reasons:
X 2.
3. 4. 5.
You were considered and not selected for Appointment in accordance with Rule 4.7.1 (c), of the Rules and Regulations of the New York City Personnel Director.
You failed to reply, or you failed to report for an interview, or you failed to report for duty.
 

i just got this via email today does anyone know what rule this is?

@Ay2924, I just sent you a Private Message (PM) in regards to this, which can be found towards the top-right hand side of the Forums website. If you can get back to me by sending me a reply, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Redsino85 said:

It’s about 6 months for A division and 7 months for B division.

They assign you a division or you can choose? Also can you switch division? or would stay for the whole career? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, BrooklynN said:
14 minutes ago, BrooklynN said:

They assign you a division or you can choose? Also can you switch division? or would stay for the whole career? 

They only have a certain amount of open spots for each division. So, if one division gets filled up you will be assigned to the division that still have spots. You can switch divisions down the road but you’ll most likely have to go back to school car for training.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.