ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JDS1057 said:

23xx here, waiting to be called back for day 2 medical/final processing which could be any week now. Projected next class is mid Nov. 

26xx here, then I guess I am not going to make it to Nov class. Since 23xx is still not finished medical. One class only 75 people right? 

3 minutes ago, BrooklynN said:

I know one classes started early this month. And from reading this forum. If remember correctly one class started at August. But situations are change daily. No one know exactly when is next class. 

Next month there's a new class coming heard this from a school car tss

47 minutes ago, BrooklynN said:

I know one classes started early this month. And from reading this forum. If remember correctly one class started at August. But situations are change daily. No one know exactly when is next class. 

oh ok si it might be at least until early next year before getting into class

Hopefully I make it for the November 15th class I'm still waiting to hear if I got put back on the list I was suppose to start on the 4th but I got put on medical hold then came back a week later to clear my medical hold and passed to then go to the desk so I can get fingerprinted but when I got up there they told me that theres no vacancy at the moment but that there was a class coming up on Nov 15th this waiting game with them is so draining and I got my conditional job offer on Sept 28th

33 minutes ago, CJ21292 said:

Hopefully I make it for the November 15th class I'm still waiting to hear if I got put back on the list I was suppose to start on the 4th but I got put on medical hold then came back a week later to clear my medical hold and passed to then go to the desk so I can get fingerprinted but when I got up there they told me that theres no vacancy at the moment but that there was a class coming up on Nov 15th this waiting game with them is so draining and I got my conditional job offer on Sept 28th

Best of luck for you. Call them, email them make you presence known. 😂

20 hours ago, BrooklynN said:

26xx here, then I guess I am not going to make it to Nov class. Since 23xx is still not finished medical. One class only 75 people right? 

If they called you in for day one (pre-employment/drug screen) they are projecting you for the next class. Every class size can be different size based on the exact needs for that moment. Again nothing I’ve heard set in stone yet and I’m asking everyday while currently working as a conductor on probation lol 

3 hours ago, BrooklynN said:

Best of luck for you. Call them, email them make you presence known. 😂

If they passed you for medical then you’ll be in the next class. Just depends when they confirm it.
One of the biggest issues right now is the lack of TSS’s for school car. They’ve had to call back retired TSS’s to try to get classes even started.

This might be one of the biggest MTA hirings ever. No one was prepared for the pandemic/ all the staffing losses in the system and they clearly had no plan for coming out of the pandemic and the city going back to work and tourism.
I’d say we could be back to pre-pandemic ridership by mid next year. And I doubt they will have the proper staffing by then. Hence why they are rushing things so much right now. 

50 minutes ago, JDS1057 said:

If they passed you for medical then you’ll be in the next class. Just depends when they confirm it.
One of the biggest issues right now is the lack of TSS’s for school car. They’ve had to call back retired TSS’s to try to get classes even started.

This might be one of the biggest MTA hirings ever. No one was prepared for the pandemic/ all the staffing losses in the system and they clearly had no plan for coming out of the pandemic and the city going back to work and tourism.
I’d say we could be back to pre-pandemic ridership by mid next year. And I doubt they will have the proper staffing by then. Hence why they are rushing things so much right now. 

I contacted michelle vargas on tuesday but she told me to email her tomorrow to see if I'm on the list because at the time they didn't have the list "in house" but I'm really hoping I get in on the november class the sooner the better I wonder where they do training at though

1 hour ago, CJ21292 said:

I contacted michelle vargas on tuesday but she told me to email her tomorrow to see if I'm on the list because at the time they didn't have the list "in house" but I'm really hoping I get in on the november class the sooner the better I wonder where they do training at though

So for training the first week and all written exams are at ps248. After the first week you will be traveling to all terminals/yards and will most likely be different every day. 

16 hours ago, CJ21292 said:

When did they call you in for pre employment ?

1 hour ago, Pete23 said:

When did they call you in for pre employment ?

September 23rd I got the email for pre employment then the 28th I got the conditional job offer when I went for the medical exam/ fingerprint I got put on medical hold then oct 7th I went back and got it cleared but when I moved on to do my fingerprints I was told that at the moment there's no vacancy at the moment but that there's a class on Nov 15th and to send out 2 emails to DCAS and then the tuesday after that email ms vargas which I did all that but tuesday she told me they don't have the list in house yet and to check back this friday I checked back today and emailed her and got an automated email saying shes not in today so I called the other lady that told me there wasn't a vacancy and told me that they don't got the list yet either and to check back on tuesday. I mean at this point they're playing too many waiting games it's really starting to piss me off to say the least

55 minutes ago, CJ21292 said:

September 23rd I got the email for pre employment then the 28th I got the conditional job offer when I went for the medical exam/ fingerprint I got put on medical hold then oct 7th I went back and got it cleared but when I moved on to do my fingerprints I was told that at the moment there's no vacancy at the moment but that there's a class on Nov 15th and to send out 2 emails to DCAS and then the tuesday after that email ms vargas which I did all that but tuesday she told me they don't have the list in house yet and to check back this friday I checked back today and emailed her and got an automated email saying shes not in today so I called the other lady that told me there wasn't a vacancy and told me that they don't got the list yet either and to check back on tuesday. I mean at this point they're playing too many waiting games it's really starting to piss me off to say the least

You haven't seen anything yet welcome to one hand don't wash the other agency..

This is just how they are I went through the same stuff back in 2001..

They drag those feet but when they move they move, and they expect you to be ready..

Bit of advice, Learn Patience now before you get on the payroll it helps..

13 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

You haven't seen anything yet welcome to one hand don't wash the other agency..

This is just how they are I went through the same stuff back in 2001..

They drag those feet but when they move they move, and they expect you to be ready..

Bit of advice, Learn Patience now before you get on the payroll it helps..

So you had the same issue too? I guess im just anxious to get start im pretty sure some us have been wanting this job since we were kids

1 hour ago, CJ21292 said:

I got en email for pre employment on the sep 28th, got an email a week later to come in on oct13 for the pre employment/drug test, haven’t heard anything for medical. I know it’s been a little over a week but when I was down there a lot of people were saying they got a email for medical not even a week later after drug test .. trying to to be impatient lol did you receive and email or phone call for medical ?

Just now, Pete23 said:

I got en email for pre employment on the sep 28th, got an email a week later to come in on oct13 for the pre employment/drug test, haven’t heard anything for medical. I know it’s been a little over a week but when I was down there a lot of people were saying they got a email for medical not even a week later after drug test .. trying to to be impatient lol did you receive and email or phone call for medical ?

Trying not to be impatient **

2 minutes ago, Pete23 said:

I went again on the 7th and got it cleared/passed then when they sent me to go do my fingerprints thats when I was told that there's no vacancy at the moment

guys.....just assume they will never call u. and when they DO call/email you, it's extra exciting!!  remember guys we waited 4 years for this so it's not bad if we wait another 1 or 2 years...probably never how slow and inefficient MTA does things.  do other things and hobbies and pursuits, you might find another career u'll love along the way hopefully with more pay too.  and if MTA calls us back....it's a cherry on top!

They may not have a list together until a date closer to the tentatively scheduled November 15th class. Just pe patient. That is over 3 weeks away now. Like @Schecter pointed out, they have been calling former TSS's out of retirement to head schoolcar classes so that could prolong waiting times as well. I would say if you've already passed medical and are just waiting for a class that is already a win. You could also just keep reaching out to the numbers and emails you're already contacting for updated info when it is available to them.