ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

On 10/19/2021 at 7:22 AM, FilippoSironi said:

Ok good. Thank you. I was asking because I had a trip plan for next summer to visit my family in another country and I would have to change my plans if I can't get any type of vacation time off for one year.

If you have purchased airline tickets and proof that you purchased the tickets before the day you were hired, and the time off is not during actual school car (i.e. it’s during YX, road posting, etc.) then they will approve the time off for you. You will only get paid anytime you have managed to bank by them and it will be a lot of back and forth with the crew office to get confirmation and approval, but they will do it. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TraDon said:

They may not have a list together until a date closer to the tentatively scheduled November 15th class. Just pe patient. That is over 3 weeks away now. Like @Schecter pointed out, they have been calling former TSS's out of retirement to head schoolcar classes so that could prolong waiting times as well. I would say if you've already passed medical and are just waiting for a class that is already a win. You could also just keep reaching out to the numbers and emails you're already contacting for updated info when it is available to them.

I was suppose to be in October 4th class was put on medical hold. Went the following week was cleared and was sworn in and put in to the November 15th class. So there is a class in November they are probably waiting for last week to call you guys in. That’s exactly what happened with me for Oct. 4th they called me in the week before. Just be patient and on top of them at the same time. Good luck. 

31 minutes ago, Steph said:

I was suppose to be in October 4th class was put on medical hold. Went the following week was cleared and was sworn in and put in to the November 15th class. So there is a class in November they are probably waiting for last week to call you guys in. That’s exactly what happened with me for Oct. 4th they called me in the week before. Just be patient and on top of them at the same time. Good luck. 

I hope next week I hear something good 

1 hour ago, Steph said:

How do you be on top of them? Is there a contact ?

1 hour ago, njbk said:

If you have purchased airline tickets and proof that you purchased the tickets before the day you were hired, and the time off is not during actual school car (i.e. it’s during YX, road posting, etc.) then they will approve the time off for you. You will only get paid anytime you have managed to bank by them and it will be a lot of back and forth with the crew office to get confirmation and approval, but they will do it. 

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking of maybe go earlier like in January or February as they probably won't be calling me for class before then. And if they do I will cancel and go the year after. Out if curiosity, is it possible to request unpaid time off if somebody hasn't accrued enough yet?

8 hours ago, CJ21292 said:

September 23rd I got the email for pre employment then the 28th I got the conditional job offer when I went for the medical exam/ fingerprint I got put on medical hold then oct 7th I went back and got it cleared but when I moved on to do my fingerprints I was told that at the moment there's no vacancy at the moment but that there's a class on Nov 15th and to send out 2 emails to DCAS and then the tuesday after that email ms vargas which I did all that but tuesday she told me they don't have the list in house yet and to check back this friday I checked back today and emailed her and got an automated email saying shes not in today so I called the other lady that told me there wasn't a vacancy and told me that they don't got the list yet either and to check back on tuesday. I mean at this point they're playing too many waiting games it's really starting to piss me off to say the least

You received the email for pre-employment on September 23rd and you did medical on the 28th? That's really fast

8 hours ago, CJ21292 said:

September 23rd I got the email for pre employment then the 28th I got the conditional job offer when I went for the medical exam/ fingerprint I got put on medical hold then oct 7th I went back and got it cleared but when I moved on to do my fingerprints I was told that at the moment there's no vacancy at the moment but that there's a class on Nov 15th and to send out 2 emails to DCAS and then the tuesday after that email ms vargas which I did all that but tuesday she told me they don't have the list in house yet and to check back this friday I checked back today and emailed her and got an automated email saying shes not in today so I called the other lady that told me there wasn't a vacancy and told me that they don't got the list yet either and to check back on tuesday. I mean at this point they're playing too many waiting games it's really starting to piss me off to say the least

Take it easy, the TA is not known for efficiency lol.

Like RTOman said, try to practice patience, because if this is getting on your nerves so much, I can’t imagine what being on the road and XX will be like for you.

37 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Like RTOman said, try to practice patience, because if this is getting on your nerves so much, I can’t imagine what being on the road and XX will be like for you.

Lol I'm trying man to be honest this is something I been waiting for since I was a kid

On 10/22/2021 at 6:50 PM, Jay-Oh said:

Being extra extra will TEST ones limits of patience I can say that being extra extra for five years...

On 10/18/2021 at 3:16 PM, SevenEleven said:

You get a vacation day every month you are an employee until you accrue a maximum of 10 days. You will be able to use those accrued vacation days the following year. For example, if you started today, you will have 2 or maybe 3 days accrued at the end of the year. When it comes to pick vacation, you will pick vacation weeks if you have at least 5 days. If you have less than 5, they stay as vacation days. 

If you have 5 or 10 days, that becomes 1 or 2 weeks. Vacation is picked in seniority order but whatever weeks you pick are yours. If you have days, they become usable on January 1st  (Hence why you get to use them the following year)

Come 2023, you will have 2 weeks. Rinse and repeat until you have completed 3 years. The January 1st after that, you will get 4 weeks. You stay at 4 weeks until you complete 15 years and then it goes up to 5 weeks. 

Someone from RTO can explain further the flexibility of the vacation day usage. I’m in Buses so any spare vacation days, we have to put in a request for them. 

You will also accrue holidays (known as AVAs for working TA holidays), OTO time (electing to convert your OT worked into days off you can use), a personal day (it’s really just another AVA that you get after one full year of service ) as well as your birthday (also after one full year of service)

so you jump from having 2 weeks vacation to 4 weeks vacation or that was a typo? did you mean you get 3 weeks come 2023?

On 10/22/2021 at 5:01 PM, Steph said:

What’s your list number? 

5 hours ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

In your case, if you're put into a class during 2021, you should have four weeks of vacation to use in 2025. So hope to be put into a class soon. 🙂

yeah I hope so! 4 weeks plus all the AVA I can convert into time off that's really nice vacation time! 

1 hour ago, BrooklynN said:

Haha, I was thinking maybe it is reduced pay during training. Like $20 or something. 

What is the drop out rate for training. Out of 100 people, how many failed or quitted. 

36.48 for training is crazy good. That's 11$ an hour more than my current job and I've been here 15 years....

11 hours ago, BrooklynN said:

Haha, I was thinking maybe it is reduced pay during training. Like $20 or something. 

What is the drop out rate for training. Out of 100 people, how many failed or quitted. 

I don't think anybody has numbers, but in our class of ten, one person dropped out. In one of our sister classes, one didn't make probation. If you keep an open mind, study hard, pay attention, show up on time, maximize your rest, you have a good chance of making it.

8 hours ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

I don't think anybody has numbers, but in our class of ten, one person dropped out. In one of our sister classes, one didn't make probation. If you keep an open mind, study hard, pay attention, show up on time, maximize your rest, you have a good chance of making it.

Thank you so much for all your very informative replies!  Is school car on a tour of duty type schedule or more set schedule with the same days off?