ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

6 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

Thank you so much for all your very informative replies!  Is school car on a tour of duty type schedule or more set schedule with the same days off? 

School car will mostly be on a set tour.

The hours are usually 7am - 3pm with Saturday/Sunday off until you get to YX and beyond.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

Thank you so much for all your very informative replies!  Is school car on a tour of duty type schedule or more set schedule with the same days off? 

I'll also note that they'll give you a calendar which is admittedly subject to change, so it should give you some idea in regards to planning out the next four months or so. 

School car is usually 7-3 with sat and sun off. On road days you will be 9-5 and when u have practicals coming up u will have one week with sat sun and Monday off but you will be in from Tuesday- Saturday (sat being your practical day). Word of advice to everyone coming in, it will be overwhelming the first couple of weeks there is a lot of material to cover and they will throw it at you all at once on top of trying to learn your signals and learning how to operate the train. All trains have their own personality. Parking sucks all all the locations except pitkin yard. So if you drive arrive an hour in advance and expect to walk a good distance to your location. On road days don’t expect to return to the place you met in the morning. Sometimes u end up in a different location. Good luck to everyone time flys so take advantage of every second you get because before you know it you’re on your own wondering how 7 months just came and went. 

5 hours ago, Fiye said:

School car is usually 7-3 with sat and sun off. On road days you will be 9-5 and when u have practicals coming up u will have one week with sat sun and Monday off but you will be in from Tuesday- Saturday (sat being your practical day). Word of advice to everyone coming in, it will be overwhelming the first couple of weeks there is a lot of material to cover and they will throw it at you all at once on top of trying to learn your signals and learning how to operate the train. All trains have their own personality. Parking sucks all all the locations except pitkin yard. So if you drive arrive an hour in advance and expect to walk a good distance to your location. On road days don’t expect to return to the place you met in the morning. Sometimes u end up in a different location. Good luck to everyone time flys so take advantage of every second you get because before you know it you’re on your own wondering how 7 months just came and went. 

+1 to everything you said except Pitkin yard being easy parking.

Jamaica yard is easiest to get in and find a spot.

9 hours ago, Fiye said:

Thank you. I thought coney island yards had a parking lot but maybe not for schoolcar students?

1 hour ago, FilippoSironi said:

Thank you. I thought coney island yards had a parking lot but maybe not for schoolcar students?

You would need a parking permit to get into the yard & then you’d better be there super early to even get a spot.

25 minutes ago, JJ2021 said:

Good afternoon to all, did anyone receive a call to report for medical next week? Did P/E on Oct 15th. Just wondering since there is a tentative class Nov 15th.

I was wondering the same. Do they call people in for medical only 1-2 weeks before a class start? 

Do they send letter to the people they are not going hire? Either failed drug test or they dislike the information on the pre-employment? 

4 minutes ago, CJ21292 said:

Ok so finally they replied letting me know im back on the list and to come in tuesday for final processing. So for anyone whos done this what happens do they give you the info like where to go for training and ect?

Yeah you'll get a paper where to report and the clothes you need to wear until your uniform comes. You'll get a report time and an address and make sure you get a bag without straps in order to prevent drags on the road bed when walking the tracks in yards.

5 hours ago, JJ2021 said:

Good afternoon to all, did anyone receive a call to report for medical next week? Did P/E on Oct 15th. Just wondering since there is a tentative class Nov 15th.

I spoke with Ms. Olha today and she advised the Nov. 15 class is still pending approval from the city as they are awaiting the list to hire from which she said they could receive this week. So be alert on your emails and calls the next week or so to complete day 2 (medical/final processing) of processing if you already completed day 1. 

1 hour ago, JDS1057 said:

I spoke with Ms. Olha today and she advised the Nov. 15 class is still pending approval from the city as they are awaiting the list to hire from which she said they could receive this week. So be alert on your emails and calls the next week or so to complete day 2 (medical/final processing) of processing if you already completed day 1. 

Nice! Hopefully they tell us we are starting school car a week or two before, I'd like to give my current job notice I'm quitting .

4 hours ago, Schecter said:

Yeah you'll get a paper where to report and the clothes you need to wear until your uniform comes. You'll get a report time and an address and make sure you get a bag without straps in order to prevent drags on the road bed when walking the tracks in yards.

Thanks also do they ask if you are fully vaccinated when going for final processing?

1 hour ago, CJ21292 said:

Thanks also do they ask if you are fully vaccinated when going for final processing?

Yes they do and any new employee after Nov. 14th has to be fully vaccinated. They also informed that I need 2 weeks clearance after my 2nd dose before Nov. 15. So all of you who are not fully vaccinated and want the job I suggest you jump on getting vaccinated. 

40 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

What are they main medical issues that might make them reject somebody?

High blood pressure, diabetic, sleep apnea are the ones I know of. Doesn’t mean if you have these conditions you won’t get the job you would just be placed on medical hold till you can prove that your condition or conditions is manageable. 

4 minutes ago, Steph said:

Yes they do and any new employee after Nov. 14th has to be fully vaccinated. They also informed that I need 2 weeks clearance after my 2nd dose before Nov. 15. So all of you who are not fully vaccinated and want the job I suggest you jump on getting vaccinated. 

Im scheduled to get my 2nd dose on the 4th so I'm still good?

Just now, CJ21292 said:

Im scheduled to get my 2nd dose on the 4th so I'm still good?

Technically your not because your first day would B Nov. 15th and they ask for 2 weeks grace period after 2nd dose. They really stressed that fact. But hopefully in your case they would look passed it being that it’s only 2 days short of grace period. 

1 hour ago, FilippoSironi said:

What are they main medical issues that might make them reject somebody?

High blood pressure, a high bmi with a thick neck, diabetes, color blindness, heart problems, hearing issues, and other stuff they ask on a survey when you get there. They doesn't reject people for those things but you'll need to probably see a doctor to have these things looked at so that the mta isn't liable for something happening to you god forbid.