ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

20 minutes ago, Steph said:

Technically your not because your first day would B Nov. 15th and they ask for 2 weeks grace period after 2nd dose. They really stressed that fact. But hopefully in your case they would look passed it being that it’s only 2 days short of grace period. 

hopefully they look past it lol i might just say on the night of the 2nd im getting my second dose

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, CJ21292 said:

Ok so finally they replied letting me know im back on the list and to come in tuesday for final processing. So for anyone whos done this what happens do they give you the info like where to go for training and ect?

How you reply to them and how did they reply back ? 

1 minute ago, Pete23 said:

How you reply to them and how did they reply back ? 

when the told me there was no vacancy they told me there is a class coming up in november but i would have to be fully vaccinated by then so i told them that tonight (october 7th) im getting my shot

1 hour ago, CJ21292 said:

when the told me there was no vacancy they told me there is a class coming up in november but i would have to be fully vaccinated by then so i told them that tonight (october 7th) im getting my shot

What I’m saying how did you contact them(phone,email) ? Or did they call or email you? 

13 hours ago, Schecter said:

High blood pressure, a high bmi with a thick neck, diabetes, color blindness, heart problems, hearing issues, and other stuff they ask on a survey when you get there. They doesn't reject people for those things but you'll need to probably see a doctor to have these things looked at so that the mta isn't liable for something happening to you god forbid.

Are they strict about vision? Is there an eye exam? I wear glasses, contacts. But I haven't gotten a new prescriptions in 3 years. I wonder if that could be a problem. 

34 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

Are they strict about vision? Is there an eye exam? I wear glasses, contacts. But I haven't gotten a new prescriptions in 3 years. I wonder if that could be a problem. 

Yes there is an eye exam, so I would suggest you get checked and get new prescription if needed. 

On 10/27/2021 at 3:42 AM, Jay-Oh said:

+1 to everything you said except Pitkin yard being easy parking.

Jamaica yard is easiest to get in and find a spot.

Oh yea pitkin employees parking lot is always packed but it’s super easy to find a spot around the yard. I’ve never had a problem finding a spot outside. But as students u guys won’t be able to park in the lots anyways. Also all u guys going in for November and December sweaters and jackets with no attached hoods are enforced. 

So I was told yesterday to come in on the 2nd for final processing and just 30 minutes ago I got an automated call from NYCT to come in on the 1st for pre employment has this happened to anyone because I'm not sure how to go about it if I already did my pre employment/drug test and medical exam?

17 hours ago, CJ21292 said:

So I was told yesterday to come in on the 2nd for final processing and just 30 minutes ago I got an automated call from NYCT to come in on the 1st for pre employment has this happened to anyone because I'm not sure how to go about it if I already did my pre employment/drug test and medical exam?

I believe if it has been over 30 days since you last did the drug test you have to get tested again. 

On 10/28/2021 at 11:30 AM, FilippoSironi said:

Yeah imagine not being able to see the signals and on the roadway and other stuff going on. Just bring your glasses or contacts with you and show them people down here wear glasses. If the glasses and contacts work the same then keep the current ones unless you need new pairs then get them and bring them with you and show them. You won't get denied for wearing glasses or contacts.

24 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah imagine not being able to see the signals and on the roadway and other stuff going on. Just bring your glasses or contacts with you and show them people down here wear glasses. If the glasses and contacts work the same then keep the current ones unless you need new pairs then get them and bring them with you and show them. You won't get denied for wearing glasses or contacts.

ok yes my prescription works really well on both my glasses and contacts. 

17 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

ok yes my prescription works really well on both my glasses and contacts. 

Okay then when you go for final processing aka medical then bring both with you the safety glasses you get will be the same prescription as what you have, any questions just ask me.

4 hours ago, DJLilFace222 said:

I am looking to be a T/O soon, though I came across a post that mentioned being vaccinated. So now, you have to be vaccinated to work for Transit?

If you're a new hire on or after November 14th you must be fully vaccinated.

I currently work for health and hospitals curious to know as far the way it would work im currently in tier 4 with nycers 57/5 plan if I do get called would my plan stay the same or does it transfer into mtas plan do I keep my tier and also what is mtas retirement plan? Thank you guys in advance list #40xx

2 minutes ago, Mtahopeful2287 said:

I currently work for health and hospitals curious to know as far the way it would work im currently in tier 4 with nycers 57/5 plan if I do get called would my plan stay the same or does it transfer into mtas plan do I keep my tier and also what is mtas retirement plan? Thank you guys in advance list #40xx

IIRC, you should stay at Tier 4. Train Operator/Conductor are currently Tier 6.