ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

What about sleep apnea? Does it automatically disqualify you? I have very mild case….. 

if u say / write you have sleep apnea you WILL be put on 3 months medical hold and u need to do get ur doctor to bla bla bla.

if you're neck size is more than 17 inches in diameter? i THINK.  you will be put on a sleep apnea test, etc.

so with this knowledge.......you have to makea decision for yourself, to tell the truth or not.  (off the record i wouldnt!)

What about sleep apnea? Does it automatically disqualify you? I have very mild case….. 

Doesn't automatically disqualify you, they'll put you on medical hold until you go to your doctor, your neck can't be a certain size and your bmi can't be too high either or they'll put you on hold for sleep apnea or if you answer the medical questions and based on the answers you give they'll question you.

12 hours ago, Schecter said:

Doesn't automatically disqualify you, they'll put you on medical hold until you go to your doctor, your neck can't be a certain size and your bmi can't be too high either or they'll put you on hold for sleep apnea or if you answer the medical questions and based on the answers you give they'll question you.

How about high blood pressure, does that disqualify you? 

3 hours ago, Justyn Biggers said:

How about high blood pressure, does that disqualify you? 

Nope they'll probably have you go to your doctor to get that cleared. In the end they wanna cover their behinds so they wanna make sure you doctor says you're good until they clear you 

On 1/14/2022 at 10:26 AM, RTOMan said:

You fail your Yard practical good chance you will not be a Train Operator..

Its Up to the discretion of who is giving the practical  thats all im going to say.

Don't read too much into what im saying though focus on passing everything period.

That I know. Im just curious as to how many people they hire. Before I started this I never thought they would need this many TO's. 

18 hours ago, trackerjack said:

if u say / write you have sleep apnea you WILL be put on 3 months medical hold and u need to do get ur doctor to bla bla bla.

if you're neck size is more than 17 inches in diameter? i THINK.  you will be put on a sleep apnea test, etc.

so with this knowledge.......you have to makea decision for yourself, to tell the truth or not.  (off the record i wouldnt!)

If you are already using a cpap machine they wont put you on medical hold. You need a letter from your dr.

2 hours ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

So I am on CPAP, should I just go ahead and get doctors note before I even get called for medical? Or do I have to wait and get them to tell me at medical? 

I am on a cpap. From what ive seen on these forums you need a letter from your doctor and clinical notes showing that you use the machine. I havent been called yet but I plan on getting a note and clinical notes from my dr before I get called.

So I am on CPAP, should I just go ahead and get doctors note before I even get called for medical? Or do I have to wait and get them to tell me at medical? 

56 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

I am on a cpap. From what ive seen on these forums you need a letter from your doctor and clinical notes showing that you use the machine. I havent been called yet but I plan on getting a note and clinical notes from my dr before I get called.

You need to have a note from your doctor that says you use the CPAP and that you can perform your duties safely.

4 hours ago, Jjbb said:

One of the guys here has a 305x and he had his medical today.  What's your average list#?

349x

Edit: For those already on the road what if you need to use the bathroom? Im assuming if you're in the middle of a run you're stuck but once you reach the last stop can go go quickly? Are there bathrooms in the station just for employees? Thanks!

Edited by thegameksk

4 hours ago, thegameksk said:

349x

Edit: For those already on the road what if you need to use the bathroom? Im assuming if you're in the middle of a run you're stuck but once you reach the last stop can go go quickly? Are there bathrooms in the station just for employees? Thanks!

There’s employee bathrooms yes and you just have to call the command center for a comfort, secure your train and go find a bathroom.