ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

3 hours ago, Justyn Biggers said:

Completed medical yesterday & got sworn in, I'm in the February 14th class. Any tips for training?

I know it is a very long thread but read through it. I know people have posted very useful information that will be extremely helpful.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Justyn Biggers said:

Completed medical yesterday & got sworn in, I'm in the February 14th class. Any tips for training?

Enjoy the next three weeks of freedom, and honestly, once you're in, study, study, study. It's an the equivalent of an intensive college summer class, so it's going to soak up what's left of your free time after your commute to and from the school. Plus, vitamins and coffee (or tea) will become your new friends.

Otherwise, welcome to Transit!

On 1/21/2022 at 7:18 AM, Justyn Biggers said:

Start reading the rules and regulations book (if they gave it to you) familiarized yourself with all the signals. That would give you a head start on what's to come. First week you'll be in a school in Gravesend, and that's mostly orientation stuff. After that you will go to every yard in your division. Look up where the yards are for your division so you have an idea how to get there. Buy a kaka bag that you can hide the straps and a watch (no smart watches). Schedule after the first week is 7 am to 3 pm Sat and Sunday off mostly.  Good luck!

On 1/22/2022 at 7:54 PM, FilippoSironi said:

Start reading the rules and regulations book (if they gave it to you) familiarized yourself with all the signals. That would give you a head start on what's to come. First week you'll be in a school in Gravesend, and that's mostly orientation stuff. After that you will go to every yard in your division. Look up where the yards are for your division so you have an idea how to get there. Buy a kaka bag that you can hide the straps and a watch (no smart watches). Schedule after the first week is 7 am to 3 pm Sat and Sunday off mostly.  Good luck!

Thank you. i get the KaKa bag from amazon or a special website? 

7 hours ago, Jjbb said:

I think that class is full. I'm still waiting for medical appointment. List # 312x. 

You never know. I was called for medical for the November 15th class on November 10th, and they were saying that class was full too. It seems classes start around every 6 weeks now, so if you don't get in the February 14th next class should be late March or early April.

Maybe  someone here can help me. I was placed on a medical hold and my 90 days passed trying to get all the information they wanted. When I went back, they told me my name was no longer on the list and had to contact dcas to get reinstated. Did all that now they say I'm not certified or something and I don't know how to remedy that. They won't answer the phone or respond to emails. Can someone explain to me, what can I do?

List#15xx

1 hour ago, Maschine Bob said:

Maybe  someone here can help me. I was placed on a medical hold and my 90 days passed trying to get all the information they wanted. When I went back, they told me my name was no longer on the list and had to contact dcas to get reinstated. Did all that now they say I'm not certified or something and I don't know how to remedy that. They won't answer the phone or respond to emails. Can someone explain to me, what can I do?

List#15xx

Try emailing Olha.Nyahay@nyct.com and Michelle.Rivera-Vargas@nyct.com 

2 hours ago, Maschine Bob said:

Those are the two people that let my time expire and never get back to me.

Those are the only people that I have ever gotten a reply from. Also, if you are ever on medical hold and you have the documentation to get the hold removed you need to just got down to 180 Livingston and tell them you are there to remove the hold. You do not need an appointment to remove a medical hold. 

If you've already contacted DCAS to put your name back on the list, you should just got to 180 Livingston, tomorrow morning if you can, and tell them you were reinstated buy not certified. Maybe they will have you redo your drug test so that you can redo medical.