ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

Spoke to someone at MTA Employment. They said they are calling the 1300's from the list already.

Wow that was fast, I might have a chance in a few years with a 40** lmao

13 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

Spoke to someone at MTA Employment. They said they are calling the 1300's from the list already.

Seriously? My list# is 8**...I'm glad they are calling people, but this is a little too fast. I hope if they get to me it's sometime next year. 

36 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

Damn I'm not ready. I got a vacation in July booked and paid for. 

Anybody know if I would be able to delay my start date? 

5 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

If that’s the case then I was misinformed. I specifically asked about exam 7604

They get so many calls you wouldn’t believe it. My friend’s wife use to work there and she told me during these times they get upwards to thousand calls a day so i can believe that person just  instinctively answer the question without even double checking what exam number you ask about. 

My co-worker just called me. Her brother was in the 700s in the list and he received a letter today to come in for pre-employment processing next week. This thing is moving fast. I really hope I can delay my start. 

8 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

My co-worker just called me. Her brother was in the 700s in the list and he received a letter today to come in for pre-employment processing next week. This thing is moving fast. I really hope I can delay my start. 

that's awesome to hear, lol I don't mean to be an a%% but the more you guys delay the better for me. im taking it if they offer it, not going to risk anything to lose the opportunity by waiting.

1 minute ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

that's awesome to hear, lol I don't mean to be an a%% but the more you guys delay the better for me. im taking it if they offer it, not going to risk anything to lose the opportunity by waiting.

It's just that the vacation is booked and paid for. If it wasn't for that I'd be all over it asap but if i don't take this vacay, I don't know when the next one will be. 

28 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

It's just that the vacation is booked and paid for. If it wasn't for that I'd be all over it asap but if i don't take this vacay, I don't know when the next one will be. 

One thing i learned is whenever you get a new job you always let them know of your plans you had prior to being offered the position most cases they’ll work with you. So if anything i say go thru with the process let them know of your trip which was planned before you got the job. They most likely just schedule for the class after you get back. 

Edited by DrewMania
Spelling!

1 hour ago, acabral136 said:

I really hope they pass me this year...or maybe at least until December...I'm not prepared to give them my life yet! With this job you have to completely devote yourself and I'm not ready to do that right now...

9 minutes ago, msmcmillan said:

I really hope they pass me this year...or maybe at least until December...I'm not prepared to give them my life yet! With this job you have to completely devote yourself and I'm not ready to do that right now...

It's definitely a commitment. My boy has been in for 4 years and he says that first year all he did was sleep and work. 

What gives me hope is that I'm relatively high up so I will have seniority on people lower than me on the list. If it moves as fast as it has been then maybe I will be able to pick decent shifts a year after I start. 

1 minute ago, acabral136 said:

Does anybody know if we are able to choose our school car tour? I hear it's 7am to 3pm, 3pm to 11pm or 11pm to 7am. I wonder if we can choose the tour. Maybe not. 

No. You will be working all three tours throughout schoolcar. 

30 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

No. You will be working all three tours throughout schoolcar. 

But always Monday through Friday right? So if school car is 9 months i can plan on having weekends off for 9 months?