Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
ren

T/O #7604 Hiring Process

SevenEleven

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 9/08/2019

This list HAS been established as of 9/19/2018. To view your list number, click here and either type your last name in the search box on the top right or type in "7604" to view the entire list, followed by pressing enter.

PAY: $34 to start, raises to $36 after 231st road day after schoolcar.

TRAINING: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1370s); For Medical: (1200s)

CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR --

Message added by SevenEleven

27 minutes ago, Poconodanno said:

Low 800s and just received my letter today to begin the pre-employment process...Friday 6/1 at 07:30

Nice! Im low 800's as well between 820-830.

10 minutes ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

Nice! Im low 800's as well between 820-830.

I'm 86X. This is exciting for me, my wife and I have come a long way when it comes to salary and this job would be a 75 percent raise for me. Suburbs here we come lol. 

7 minutes ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

Just got my pre employment letter for June 7th 

What is your list range?

1 hour ago, njbk said:

But always Monday through Friday right? So if school car is 9 months i can plan on having weekends off for 9 months?

Yes UNLESS your training superintendents say otherwise. Certain weeks you may have your RDOs changed from Sun-Sat in order for you to have a holiday off or some other circumstance.

Also keep in mind that working overnight, although you will be showing up for let's say Monday's work, you'll may be physically reporting on Sunday night. 

6 hours ago, kev2112 said:

Spoke to someone at MTA Employment. They said they are calling the 1300's from the list already.

How. What phone number did you call? 

I responded already to the education and employment letter.

But I'm hoping if I call, they can tell me my score. 

27 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

Got my pre employment letter today, but it say provisional for T/O (Yard) I don't want to work yards though

Whats your list number range ? 

31 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

Got my pre employment letter today, but it say provisional for T/O (Yard) I don't want to work yards though

You will inevitably work yards until you can pick. 

3 minutes ago, njbk said:

You will inevitably work yards until you can pick. 

Well if thats the route I must go then so be it lol

1 hour ago, LIRRMedford said:

I'm sorry, I don't know too much about T/O...what is T/O (Yard)? As you can see, I ain't ready for this...I just learned about A & B Divisions...

1 minute ago, msmcmillan said:

I'm sorry, I don't know too much about T/O...what is T/O (Yard)? As you can see, I ain't ready for this...I just learned about A & B Divisions...

Train operator can works yards where the equipment is layed up and not in revenue service "T/O (Yard)" or they can work the lines where the train is in service and getting passengere "T/O (Road)"

Received a letter today; have to go in on 5/31 for preemployment. List number 699. 

1 hour ago, Physcoles said:

Anyone who did pre employment last week got an email or call to come in for Medical?

No, I am still waiting to be called back for the medical. I was in on 5/18 for the drug test.

Some earlier commenters  were saying that you can’t have any outstanding tickets to go forward with the process. Are they referring to parking tickets or driving violations?

20 minutes ago, sam716 said:

No, I am still waiting to be called back for the medical. I was in on 5/18 for the drug test.

I went for medical 5/16.. patiently waiting