ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

It’s pretty crazy how they are sending out pre employment letters to people in the 800 range. Are they skipping over a lot of people because they are offering provisional positions ? Or do they still follow the list order ? 800 seems like a lot for a list that isn’t established. I could understand like 1-200 max lol not 500, 600 or even 800s. Anyways Good luck all!!! Hopefully they get me next year. My list number is 17xx

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't get my letter, but I saw a bunch of people on this forum getting letters when their list #'s were higher than mine (mine was in the 6XX's), so I gave them a call.

Long story short; snail mail sucks, but at least I'm invited in for pre-employment. I'll be seeing those of you invited in on May 31st.

17 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

It’s pretty crazy how they are sending out pre employment letters to people in the 800 range. Are they skipping over a lot of people because they are offering provisional positions ? Or do they still follow the list order ? 800 seems like a lot for a list that isn’t established. I could understand like 1-200 max lol not 500, 600 or even 800s. Anyways Good luck all!!! Hopefully they get me next year. My list number is 17xx

I don't think they're skipping numbers.

Keep in mind that this whole process is moving crazy fast. Some people will be caught off guard. My buddy and I were just joking about how this all came so suddenly that there was bound to be some people who failed the drug test because they didn't have the time to "prepare".

1 hour ago, Jay-Oh said:

I don't think they're skipping numbers.

Keep in mind that this whole process is moving crazy fast. Some people will be caught off guard. My buddy and I were just joking about how this all came so suddenly that there was bound to be some people who failed the drug test because they didn't have the time to "prepare".

It’s not funny but it’s funny. That most likely the main reason why peoole missing out. 

3 hours ago, Physcoles said:

I went for medical 5/16.. patiently waiting

When did you go for the drug test/preemployment date? Im curious to know how soon after the drug test are people called back for their medical?

3 hours ago, sam716 said:

When did you go for the drug test/preemployment date? Im curious to know how soon after the drug test are people called back for their medical?

Oops my bad. I meant to say I went for pre employment on 5/16 & waiting for the medical 

This is legit pure comedy right now i’ve never seen a MTA exam move so quick. List isn’t even officially establish yet and they calling in damn near a 1000 people. 

Thank god i took this exam and got a  relatively decent score. Seems that the end of this year which is perfect these summer months is a headache. But that fall going into winter PERFECT! 

7 hours ago, DrewMania said:

It’s not funny but it’s funny. That most likely the main reason why peoole missing out. 

If people really want the job but aren’t “prepared” why wouldn’t they just wait to go in?

5 minutes ago, njbk said:

If people really want the job but aren’t “prepared” why wouldn’t they just wait to go in?

That’s a good question i wish i could answer for you but some people just don’t think these thing’s thru clearly. Until it’s to late and they’re stuck!

1 hour ago, DrewMania said:

This is legit pure comedy right now i’ve never seen a MTA exam move so quick. List isn’t even officially establish yet and they calling in damn near a 1000 people. 

Thank god i took this exam and got a  relatively decent score. Seems that the end of this year which is perfect these summer months is a headache. But that fall going into winter PERFECT! 

That’s exactly what am saying lol something is weird about this. Yeah maybe they plan on sending like top 2000 people pre employement letters quickly  so they can do their medicals and have a big group of people ready for orientation and school car lol. Who knows but this is moving extremely quickly and I ain’t complaining. 

14 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

That’s exactly what am saying lol something is weird about this. Yeah maybe they plan on sending like top 2000 people pre employement letters quickly  so they can do their medicals and have a big group of people ready for orientation and school car lol. Who knows but this is moving extremely quickly and I ain’t complaining. 

If you read through the last TO exam thread you’ll see the same thing happened with that list although it took much longer to get established. Once it was established though they went through the first like 1200 names lightning fast. 

Quick question for the Vets in here.

I recently got a wisdom tooth extraction, which involved bone removal and the whole nine yards.
My dentist prescribed me Tylenol w/ codeine as the painkiller. I know codeine will show up on a drug test, but am I okay if I show them a note from my dentist stating that he prescribed these meds to me?

If I need to, I'm willing to just eat the pain and skip on the pain meds until after the drug test, but I just want to have an idea. Sucks that today is Saturday and I can't call the MTA.

8 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Quick question for the Vets in here.

I recently got a wisdom tooth extraction, which involved bone removal and the whole nine yards.
My dentist prescribed me Tylenol w/ codeine as the painkiller. I know codeine will show up on a drug test, but am I okay if I show them a note from my dentist stating that he prescribed these meds to me?

If I need to, I'm willing to just eat the pain and skip on the pain meds until after the drug test, but I just want to have an idea. Sucks that today is Saturday and I can't call the MTA.

You should be good so long as you bring the note stating it was prescribed. Plus they give you a chance to list any prescribed meds on their sheet as well

14 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

for the Vets in here.

If I need to, I'm willing to just eat the pain and skip on the pain meds until after the drug test,

Dude.  

1) thanks for your service.  military & Vets rule.
2) you're a VET!  Take it like a man.  you don't need the pain killers
3) I've had all wisdom teeth yanked out, some bone taken out from extractions too - no pain meds. you can do it.
4) don't risk failing the pre-med for this ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME CAREER just cuz of tooth ache!

GOOD LUCK!

5 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

Dude.  

1) thanks for your service.  military & Vets rule.
2) you're a VET!  Take it like a man.  you don't need the pain killers
3) I've had all wisdom teeth yanked out, some bone taken out from extractions too - no pain meds. you can do it.
4) don't risk failing the pre-med for this ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME CAREER just cuz of tooth ache!

GOOD LUCK!

Hey dude, thank you for the insight.

Sorry, I'm actually NOT a military veteran lol. I was just addressing the forum vets. Sorry for the mix-up!

13 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

You should be good so long as you bring the note stating it was prescribed. Plus they give you a chance to list any prescribed meds on their sheet as well

I mean, I could always take some ibuprofen 600mg if it gets bad, but how strict are they on opioids even though it's prescribed.

2 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Hey dude, thank you for the insight.

Sorry, I'm actually NOT a military veteran lol. I was just addressing the forum vets. Sorry for the mix-up!

I mean, I could always take some ibuprofen 600mg if it gets bad, but how strict are they on opioids even though it's prescribed.

YES!  exactly.  Opioids is a no no!  Don't risk it dude.  Ibuprofen/ Tynenol does the job - so this might be a good idea for the time being if you're really in pain.  And believe me the pain WILL  go away.  

I'm pretty sure if it's prescribed, they will let you pass with the Doctor's Note, but the question is: Do you really want to risk it? 

Remember it's much easier for them to REJECT a candidate, so they can move onto the next candidate at lightning speed.  This is the WINNOWING phase and they will use all types of reasons written in the rulebook to check people off the List.

Good luck to everyone! Let's keep our hopes high!

I spoke to a friend of mine who has been a t/o for a few years now. He says even if I'm not ready I should go in and start the process, and when they offer me a start date let them know about my vacation. That way at least my paperwork is already in when I am ready to start and it wont take as long. 

Thank God, got my start date for next week. Went on medical hold during the interview process because I reported I occasionally snore, so I had to get test results from a sleep study my doctor did last year to get off the hold. Once I came back in with the proof I dont have sleep apnea, they sat me and offered me my start date. Took my ID photo, did the fingerprint and I was out with my new employee handbooks. By the way, I never received a CALL BACK for the medical, I received an email only, so look in your emails and junk folders, I dont think they have time to make phone calls right now. 

2 minutes ago, Tabed1217 said:

Thank God, got my start date for next week. Went on medical hold during the interview process because I reported I occasionally snore, so I had to get test results from a sleep study my doctor did last year to get off the hold. Once I came back in with the proof I dont have sleep apnea, they sat me and offered me my start date. Took my ID photo, did the fingerprint and I was out with my new employee handbooks. By the way, I never received a CALL BACK for the medical, I received an email only, so look in your emails and junk folders, I dont think they have time to make phone calls right now. 

What’s your start date? Did you have the option to choose?

1 hour ago, Tabed1217 said:

Congrats! Is this for the 5/29 or 6/4

For those of us who comment that the “received a notice” or “went in for med” can you add a range at the end of your comments so we can keep up to date how far in we are?? Example. I went in for medical today and there were 20 people 5xx, or I got my letter today 11xx

59 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

For those of us who comment that the “received a notice” or “went in for med” can you add a range at the end of your comments so we can keep up to date how far in we are?? Example. I went in for medical today and there were 20 people 5xx, or I got my letter today 11xx

Whats your list number ?