ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am here now 6:45a for the pre employment, we are waiting outside with about 20 people in front of me, I hope it goes as quick as it did for me for conductor got out at 1p last time but didn't get here until 7:15a last time, oh the joys of doing  pre employment again! 😂

Edited by LIRRMedford

18 hours ago, OB456 said:

Anyone receive email for medical that attended pre-employment on 5/17 ...still waiting ...list number 3**

Still waiting for the medical also. List # low 400's and I was in for preemployment & drug test on 5/18

On 5/25/2018 at 6:06 PM, LIRRMedford said:

Got my pre employment letter today, but it say provisional for T/O (Yard) I don't want to work yards though

When you are newly hired, you will be considered yard. You won’t be yard until you pick, you will be considered yard until your 231 road days. After that you are considered revenue/road and your pay is increased to road pay. Yard means yard pay, that’s what you get to start and after school car, plus 231 road days after that you will no longer be yard/ yard pay.

Edited by Gherigfan1

On 5/25/2018 at 3:13 PM, acabral136 said:

It's definitely a commitment. My boy has been in for 4 years and he says that first year all he did was sleep and work. 

What gives me hope is that I'm relatively high up so I will have seniority on people lower than me on the list. If it moves as fast as it has been then maybe I will be able to pick decent shifts a year after I start. 

Yeah, I’m a motor for 5 years now. I happen to come in at the perfect time. Believe me when I tell you, you ain’t picking with one year in title. I’m willing to bet you won’t be picking two years in title either. As far as picking a decent shift...yeah that won’t happen until at least 3 years. Good luck and welcome. Just expect the worst and enjoy what ever comes.

Edited by Gherigfan1

50 minutes ago, Gherigfan1 said:

Yeah, I’m a motor for 5 years now. I happen to come in at the perfect time. Believe me when I tell you, you ain’t picking with one year in title. I’m willing to bet you won’t be picking two years in title either. As far as picking a decent shift...yeah that won’t happen until at least 3 years. Good luck and welcome. Just expect the worst and enjoy what ever comes.

I was only basing that on what I was reading in the schoolcar experience thread. Towards the end there were some people that were able to choose after a year in. But I hear you, I'm not getting my hopes up too high. I'm prepared to make the sacrifices I have to for my family. 

4 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

I am here now 6:45a for the pre employment, we are waiting outside with about 20 people in front of me, I hope it goes as quick as it did for me for conductor got out at 1p last time but didn't get here until 7:15a last time, oh the joys of doing  pre employment again! 😂

What’s your list for T/O

4 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

So are you a conductor for MTA? What happened after you completed the process for Conductor?

2 hours ago, HouseBARNES said:

likewise.. #18XX here.. its not a matter of if it's a matter of when at this point.

Have you received anything besides your list number yet? I heard someone a few pages back say 1300s are getting call backs.

Edited by Dgopes