Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

T/O #7604 Hiring Process

ren
Message added by SevenEleven

TRAIN OPERATOR #7604

List Status Update: 5/19/2021

Pay: Starts at $34 and increases to $36 after 231 days on the road following the completion of schoolcar.

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial P/E: (1400s); For Medical: (low 1400s)

Classes Scheduled: Unknown

On 5/29/2018 at 7:52 PM, Dgopes said:

Does anyone know what info you to accurately complete the pre employment packet? I work in Albany but live in NYC. I don’t want to take multiple days off so I can gather the info from different agencies. I know for sure I need court dispositions for arrests, but I got a ticket on the train for taking up two seats. Do I need any paperwork for that ticket? Do I need copy of my H.S diploma? Or my social security statements to prove I worked at a job for over a year? Any info will help. 

Sorry about the long question... 

You can go to any social security office and ask for a print out of your complete work history. I paid $50 for the report about 2yrs ago when I did this for conductor. It will list every job you've had along with dates worked. You can fill in the rest of the details, like responsibilities etc. They'll (meaning the MTA, not SS) ask for a detailed history of what you've been doing to support yourself since HS (i.e. college, living with parents, worked "x" job etc). They just don't want to see any gaps on your work history. As long as you have a good 10yrs or so worth of work experience/education. You'll be good. Just don't omit anything. Even if you were fired. Being fired from a previous job won't disqualify you, lying on the application will. I've heard stories of them pulling people out of school at because they found out the person lied on the application. Remember, they don't start the background check until AFTER, you've been hired. Good luck to all

Edited by TeeFredNYC

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TeeFredNYC said:

You can go to any social security office and ask for a print out of your complete work history. I paid $50 for the report about 2yrs ago when I did this for conductor. It will list every job you've had along with dates worked. You can fill in the rest of the details, like responsibilities etc. They'll (meaning the MTA, not SS) ask for a detailed history of what you've been doing to support yourself since HS (i.e. college, living with parents, worked "x" job etc). They just don't want to see any gaps on your work history. As long as you have a good 10yrs or so worth of work experience/education. You'll be good. Just don't omit anything. Even if you were fired. Being fired from a previous job won't disqualify you, lying on the application will. I've heard stories of them pulling people out of school at because they found out the person lied on the application. Remember, they don't start the background check until AFTER, you've been hired. Good luck to all

May god bless you *old lady voice* lol thanks a lot for the info. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Make sure all tickets (moving violations and parking tickets) are paid. You will not be able to move forward with the process until they are all cleared. 

1 hour ago, Jeytrain said:

Thanks I must have read wrong somewhere

There may be a June 4 class, but at preemployment today they said July 9. I did see some others post about a June 4 class. 

16 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

June 4th is a conductors class. She said yesterday July 9th is the only class set in stone but they are working on an august class

With there being 60 per class it might be a while before we start getting these medical emails.

2 minutes ago, Jeytrain said:

With there being 60 per class it might be a while before we start getting these medical emails.

It’s 60 that get in, they probably have to process through 2-300 just to get the 60 though. 

7 minutes ago, njbk said:

It’s 60 that get in, they probably have to process through 2-300 just to get the 60 though. 

That's true. And from what I have been seeing a couple people in the 100s already got the email. 

11 minutes ago, JoseL1992 said:

Hey guys would anyone be able to tell me if there is parking at the pre employment location at 180 Livingston? 

There is,ranges from $6 to $20 an hour and they all fill up pretty quick

Edited by LIRRMedford

12 hours ago, JoseL1992 said:

Okay thanks I’ll be there really early 

Your best bet is to always show up early. The earlier you get in the earlier you get out. Most times there’s a line even when you show up at 6:30 for a 7:30 time. But good thing the weather is breaking cause i’ve been out there at times on a line in the dead cold. 

THE THINGS YOU DO FOR MTA!

17 minutes ago, DrewMania said:

Your best bet is to always show up early. The earlier you get in the earlier you get out. Most times there’s a line even when you show up at 6:30 for a 7:30 time. But good thing the weather is breaking cause i’ve been out there at times on a line in the dead cold. 

THE THINGS YOU DO FOR MTA!

Yup... I was here at 6:40 and there was a decent size line .. glad I came early 

On 5/22/2018 at 3:19 PM, Gherigfan1 said:

Tier 6 is anyone that came from exam 8098 and later. So basically anyone with 5 1/2 years that didn’t come from another title or City/State job. It’s 55/25 for tier 6. 

That far back Huh? Goes to show one how time is down here...

On 5/25/2018 at 3:46 PM, njbk said:

But always Monday through Friday right? So if school car is 9 months i can plan on having weekends off for 9 months?

No not Necessarily.. You might do  a tues-sat schedule as well.. 

On 5/18/2018 at 9:47 AM, Rush1982 said:

If your arrest/convictions records are sealed I'm pretty sure you don't have to disclose them for this position.  Nypd, FDNY, court officer you do regardless of you were convicted or not

Go ahead and Omit it test your Luck..

I seen them Pull people out of schoolcar and terminate them for not disclosing things...

Your previous employer isn’t allowed, by law, to disclose that you were fired. You would be voluntarily disclosing that information. Your previous employer is only allowed to disclose that you worked there and the time period for which you did.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:45 AM, TeeFredNYC said:

was the 50$ report sufficient for MTA?  other city jobs i signed up for required the $150 something dollar one with the full details.   

Hey..I took my exam 5/21..the pm session. I noticed that my score was a 91.6 (5wrong) but on my answer key I had a 93.3 (4 wrong). I sent a letter to appeal my exam. Called mta today and I was told that there was a problem with that sessions grading. Question number 42/43 I think. So they’ll re grade the exams from that session and everyone will get new letters from that session.

2 hours ago, 2nice said:

Hey..I took my exam 5/21..the pm session. I noticed that my score was a 91.6 (5wrong) but on my answer key I had a 93.3 (4 wrong). I sent a letter to appeal my exam. Called mta today and I was told that there was a problem with that sessions grading. Question number 42/43 I think. So they’ll re grade the exams from that session and everyone will get new letters from that session.

Awesome I'm part of that session. I had no wrong answers so I also sent an appeal. Thanks for the info!

34 minutes ago, Jeytrain said:

Awesome I'm part of that session. I had no wrong answers so I also sent an appeal. Thanks for the info!

U had no wrong answers...so the score they sent u calculated to u having 1 wrong?

• +Young+ changed the title to T/O #7604 Hiring Process
  • Harry featured this topic