ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

5 hours ago, HouseBARNES said:

Your previous employer isn’t allowed, by law, to disclose that you were fired. You would be voluntarily disclosing that information. Your previous employer is only allowed to disclose that you worked there and the time period for which you did.

There is no federal law preventing employers from disclosing why a previous employee left the company to potential employers as long as it is a truthful statement.  If you were fired or terminated, they can disclose the reason for it if they so choose. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, 2nice said:

U had no wrong answers...so the score they sent u calculated to u having 1 wrong?

They gave me a 98 for 1 incorrect answer. But I compared my answer key to the one online and had all the answers correct.

1 minute ago, Jeytrain said:

They gave me a 98 for 1 incorrect answer. But I compared my answer key to the one online and had all the answers correct.

Nice...well at least we know why...this should bump my number from 1600’s to 8-900’s

16 minutes ago, Jeytrain said:

With only 1 wrong you should have been called already. Your list number should be in the low 100s. 4 wrong should some well below 1000 and I thought I saw someone with 800s being called already which should be about 3 wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Rohq said:

With only 1 wrong you should have been called already. Your list number should be in the low 100s. 4 wrong should some well below 1000 and I thought I saw someone with 800s being called already which should be about 3 wrong. 

He might have been called. But I heard your list number helps when it comes to seniority.

30 minutes ago, Jeytrain said:

But they’ve called you for preemployment already though right?

41 minutes ago, 2nice said:

Nice...well at least we know why...this should bump my number from 1600’s to 8-900’s

Good luck 🙏

21 minutes ago, Rohq said:

15 minutes ago, Djx said:

But they’ve called you for preemployment already though right?

Yeah I went to preemployment. Just haven't gotten the email for medical yet.

9 minutes ago, Ctrain24 said:

Got my medical email for 07/09 class.  Scheduled for 06/05.  Went to preorientation on 05/15 list number 21X. 

What class are you eligible for ? I went to pre employment today and said we are being consider for a class going in July 9th 

11 hours ago, 2nice said:

Hey..I took my exam 5/21..the pm session. I noticed that my score was a 91.6 (5wrong) but on my answer key I had a 93.3 (4 wrong). I sent a letter to appeal my exam. Called mta today and I was told that there was a problem with that sessions grading. Question number 42/43 I think. So they’ll re grade the exams from that session and everyone will get new letters from that session.

9 hours ago, Jeytrain said:

Awesome I'm part of that session. I had no wrong answers so I also sent an appeal. Thanks for the info!

I had the same problem.  Same session as you guys.  5/21 PM session.  Good information to know.  I sent it my appeal yesterday.  

12 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

was the 50$ report sufficient for MTA?  other city jobs i signed up for required the $150 something dollar one with the full details.   

You wont actually be submitting the paper work from Social Security to the MTA, it's for you, to jog your memory in terms of dates and to be sure what ever jobs you list match up with what they'll find out in a background check anyway. So it's not 100% necessary. I only got the report to confirm some dates, I only worked a handful of jobs but forgot the time periods. Even if you don't remember the exact dates, an estimate is ok, just be sure you can account for any gaps.

Things to remember for pre-employment...

1. Photo ID

2. Social Security card

3. Birth certificate 

4. High School Diploma/official transcript with raised seal

5. NO GAPS in employment dates...dates must overlap (ended job a in March but started job b in April would be a gap).

6. Prepare for a long ass day...I was there 13 ½ hours today...longest wait was for drug test. (MTA employees going for random tests take precedent and will hold up the candidates waiting).

7. Listen to the instructions, and ask questions when you have them...

8. Doors open at 07:00...try to get there before then...

9. RELAX...

4 minutes ago, Poconodanno said:

Things to remember for pre-employment...

1. Photo ID

2. Social Security card

3. Birth certificate 

4. High School Diploma/official transcript with raised seal

5. NO GAPS in employment dates...dates must overlap (ended job a in March but started job b in April would be a gap).

6. Prepare for a long ass day...I was there 13 ½ hours today...longest wait was for drug test. (MTA employees going for random tests take precedent and will hold up the candidates waiting).

7. Listen to the instructions, and ask questions when you have them...

8. Doors open at 07:00...try to get there before then...

9. RELAX...

Wow what time didn’t you arrive? I was out at 11:20am  today 

21 minutes ago, Poconodanno said:

Signed into the building at 07:13...I was in the last group to go to the lab since they didn’t keep our paperwork in ticket order...

Damm .. but you pulled threw , I signed in at 7:05 ..

Good luck with the rest of the process

1 hour ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

What number are they up to on this exam

I want to say they're in the 200-300 range based off the stuff I see on here.

*as far as medicals not sure about preemployment though

Edited by Jeytrain

So I'm a little confused with the whole disclosure of arrest history.

I was arrested/detained when I was 16-17 years old for a misunderstanding that was immediately dropped. I never received a summons, didn't get fingerprinted (that I recall, this was 10+ years ago), and was released from the station within 2-3 hours without any hassle or them even calling my parents.
How do I inform them of this? It's not a conviction, and I'm not sure if it counts as an arrest or if it's even on my record.

I'm not sure what the next step is in this regard. Anybody have some insight and/or advice?