ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

11 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

So I'm a little confused with the whole disclosure of arrest history.

I was arrested/detained when I was 16-17 years old for a misunderstanding that was immediately dropped. I never received a summons, didn't get fingerprinted (that I recall, this was 10+ years ago), and was released from the station within 2-3 hours without any hassle or them even calling my parents.
How do I inform them of this? It's not a conviction, and I'm not sure if it counts as an arrest or if it's even on my record.

I'm not sure what the next step is in this regard. Anybody have some insight and/or advice?

Same way how u just wrote that...tell them that. Mta don’t really care about background. It’s no time like police, fire or corrections... just be honest.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

I was arrested/detained when I was 16-17 years old for a misunderstanding that was immediately dropped. I never received a summons, didn't get fingerprinted (that I recall, this was 10+ years ago), and was released from the station within 2-3 hours without any hassle or them even calling my parents.
How do I inform them of this? It's not a conviction, and I'm not sure if it counts as an arrest or if it's even on my record.

I'm not sure what the next step is in this regard. Anybody have some insight and/or advice?

I imagine you write exactly what u just wrote here on the application

1 hour ago, Jay-Oh said:

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks#Challenge-of an Identity History Summary

It will take a while to get a response, but might as well try for it.

2 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

When I took the FF exam I too had to explain the situation. I was arrested as a teen 13/14 yrs old in a school fight, some kids tried to steal my bookbag but because the cops saw us all fighting we were all taken to the local precinct, everything was dropped like your situation. I choose to list it in case they perform the background check and something comes up but what I needed was a disposition letter from the court (county I got arrested in) stating there is nothing under my name. That letter was necessary during investigations for me to pass

37 minutes ago, njbk said:

For some of my old jobs i can’t narrow down the exact months and i definitely can’t get my supervisors name or contact info (some of these are 15 years ago). Is this gonna be a problem?

employment records from social security office, it gives you full detail and time frame of every position you've held on the books.

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-7050.pdf

18 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

employment records from social security office, it gives you full detail and time frame of every position you've held on the books.

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-7050.pdf

I got that and paid for it but it only gives you the years and the amount u made each year and the employer's address. Not the time frame that you worked for each. 

14 minutes ago, Djx said:

You would have to account for that gap if you’re going to leave them off. 

This was while i was in school is it acceptable to just put i was unemployed while in school? I don’t care about putting the off the books job but i was thinking it might make me look dishonest or something. 

2 minutes ago, njbk said:

This was while i was in school is it acceptable to just put i was unemployed while in school? I don’t care about putting the off the books job but i was thinking it might make me look dishonest or something. 

Yes, they just want to know what you were doing while you were unemployed. If you were in school they want you to put that down. 

46 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

I got that and paid for it but it only gives you the years and the amount u made each year and the employer's address. Not the time frame that you worked for each. 

yes, the gaps in the middle they would have to account for. ex. living with my family unemployed/school/self employed. does the mta ask for exact months? I assume they only needed a range to show you actually held the jobs long enough to meet the NOE's criteria. 

31 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

yes, the gaps in the middle they would have to account for. ex. living with my family unemployed/school/self employed. does the mta ask for exact months? I assume they only needed a range to show you actually held the jobs long enough to meet the NOE's criteria. 

The pre employment packet asks for both months and supervisor name/phone number. 

Hey guy , for those that haven’t yet gone to pre employment but received the packets ... like mentioned above account for all gaps, if unemployed just write unemployed don’t give an explanation, I did they asked me to cross it out 

as far as the employers contact try googling they said they mainly care for the current and last employer so don’t stress over the contact info