ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

3 hours ago, thatdudenixk17 said:

I talked to ms. Vargas (person in charge of hiring train operators) earlier, she said the July class will only have 40 people and August 12th is likely to have 60

What time did you call? its nearly impossible to catch her..

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, njbk said:

Gonna ask again cause need to know: if i go to a pre employment date that’s not mine will they process me or send me home?

As somebody who works in civil service right now, I'm gonna guess they gonna send u home. There's probably going to be a good amount of people there as it is. I would call if I were u. 

1 minute ago, acabral136 said:

As somebody who works in civil service right now, I'm gonna guess they gonna send u home. There's probably going to be a good amount of people there as it is. I would call if I were u. 

When i first got my pre employment notice i couldn’t get off work and didn’t wanna tip off my current job so i called and asked, they said i could just call when i was ready to come in. 

Now fast forward 3 weeks and they tell me different things. One person said to call back in a month and one said to go in tomorrow. Don’t wanna go in for nothing But worst case scenario is i get sent home so no biggie i guess. 

18 minutes ago, njbk said:

When i first got my pre employment notice i couldn’t get off work and didn’t wanna tip off my current job so i called and asked, they said i could just call when i was ready to come in. 

Now fast forward 3 weeks and they tell me different things. One person said to call back in a month and one said to go in tomorrow. Don’t wanna go in for nothing But worst case scenario is i get sent home so no biggie i guess. 

Yea show up. I only say that because I know how some civil employees can get attitudes when things aren't done by the book. I see it all the time at my job. But if someone did say just come in, I would take my chances if I were u and just come in. 

18 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Yea show up. I only say that because I know how some civil employees can get attitudes when things aren't done by the book. I see it all the time at my job. But if someone did say just come in, I would take my chances if I were u and just come in. 

Yeah they definitely seemed like they were super tired of getting calls about train operator stuff. 

19 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Anybody else at livingston now? 

Something they said that's new to me. After 231 days the pay is 34.88, not top pay yet. 

That's what they said to me as well, but eventually we'll get to top pay, I'm in no rush

1 minute ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

I was there I was out by 945am. Helps to go straight upstairs without having to sign in. Now I'm going to nap since I have yet to sleep. 

I'm still here. Almost got sent home over an unpaid parking ticket. Paid it online on the spot. 😓

25 minutes ago, Dgopes said:

My list is 111* anyone know what my chances are for getting into a class by the end of this year? Is it a long shot? 

To be blunt about it.... When they get to you they get to you. I'm not holding my breath my list number is 82* I sure I will be going to another pre employment before getting hired. Transit always calls in more people to hire them they actually need because of failed drug test, medical holds, candidates aren't ready for that specific class and the list goes on so it could move fast it all depends.... They said they don't hold a spot for anyone. 

33 minutes ago, Dgopes said:

My list is 111* anyone know what my chances are for getting into a class by the end of this year? Is it a long shot? 

I asked the dude processing me and he said there's a chance u could hear something by a month or two. He seemed confused about other things tho so take that with a grain of salt. 

1 hour ago, acabral136 said:

I asked the dude processing me and he said there's a chance u could hear something by a month or two. He seemed confused about other things tho so take that with a grain of salt. 

Thank You

1 hour ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

To be blunt about it.... When they get to you they get to you. I'm not holding my breath my list number is 82* I sure I will be going to another pre employment before getting hired. Transit always calls in more people to hire them they actually need because of failed drug test, medical holds, candidates aren't ready for that specific class and the list goes on so it could move fast it all depends.... They said they don't hold a spot for anyone. 

So they skip your name if ur unprepared with documents, etc?

5 hours ago, Dgopes said:

For those who filled out the pre employment packets already do you have to explain each and every arrest and/or ticket? Or do you just have to put the dates and location?

Personally speaking “disclose” everything. Full up the package with everything put everything on the table that way they can’t say you didn’t tell them when they start digging and trust and believe they will dig. As for dates only month and year is what matters. As for locations only general location matters like Brooklyn, NY or Queens, NY you don’t have to put the  exact spot or date. 

Word of advice. Go early. Like an hour early. Bring snacks. Bring your charger. Download some movies to your phone. 

I was there 7 30am to 4pm. 12pm to 4pm just waiting to take the drug test! I was pissed I left my charger at home. My phone was almost dead and all I could do was watch new york 1 news on repeat for 4 hours. 

The sad part is that there was another good 20 to 25 people waiting, so it wouldn't shock me if someone was still there right now. 

Also, mta employees that need drug tests go in front of u no matter what, so if 8 people show up for random drug tests, they going in front of u unless they have somebody dedicated to just them. 

It was an exercise in patience today. 

Edited by acabral136

8 hours ago, Dgopes said:

For those who filled out the pre employment packets already do you have to explain each and every arrest and/or ticket? Or do you just have to put the dates and location?

just finished all my paper work and was worried about the arrest record section too, don't have any tickets so i can't comment on that part. When I was there they told me to just list what i had, i put down my arrest date, charges, the court and the outcome and i gave them the disposition papers.

Just make sure you dont have anything open or pending. If you were arrested tell them and give a disposition paper, they said everything is good and I start in the next class.

4 minutes ago, lilchasuewboi said:

just finished all my paper work and was worried about the arrest record section too, don't have any tickets so i can't comment on that part. When I was there they told me to just list what i had, i put down my arrest date, charges, the court and the outcome and i gave them the disposition papers.

Just make sure you dont have anything open or pending. If you were arrested tell them and give a disposition paper, they said everything is good and I start in the next class.

Nice congrats what’s your list number