ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

10 hours ago, JustinA said:

Will they go thru everyone on the list? 

no the list is going to expire soon this "Fall season". and folks are clearing board. which means not much jobs. which means they not gonna hire as much as they have in 2022. 
but u never know.  cuz a lot of new folks are quitting and getting fired cuz they crazy like that on the road.  so u might still be called but keep looking for other jobs in the mean time......a lot more better lifestyle out there

this Ms. Ohla sounds like OLAF from that cartoon Frozen :lol:

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, JDS1057 said:

She use to lol! I guess too much for her now. Yea that number I have saved under Olha. It goes to vm and it still says her name. I emailed DCAS also to get an update as to when the next list certification will be sent. Maybe I can get some info there. 

So finally heard from Olha today and she said they are in the process now for sending back the list to DCAS to get a new certified list. She said to contact her back in about a month to confirm if you’re on the new certified list and possibly when the next class will be.
But that there won’t be as many classes this year as there have been which was almost every month. However she said she expected to as least get through this one last certified list once completed. 

5 hours ago, JDS1057 said:

So finally heard from Olha today and she said they are in the process now for sending back the list to DCAS to get a new certified list. She said to contact her back in about a month to confirm if you’re on the new certified list and possibly when the next class will be.
But that there won’t be as many classes this year as there have been which was almost every month. However she said she expected to as least get through this one last certified list once completed. 

What does it mean when you say to certified the list? 

17 hours ago, trackerjack said:

no the list is going to expire soon this "Fall season". and folks are clearing board. which means not much jobs. which means they not gonna hire as much as they have in 2022. 
but u never know.  cuz a lot of new folks are quitting and getting fired cuz they crazy like that on the road.  so u might still be called but keep looking for other jobs in the mean time......a lot more better lifestyle out there

this Ms. Ohla sounds like OLAF from that cartoon Frozen :lol:

There isn’t a promotional exam to replace this one. They aren’t going to let this list expire & not hire people without a backup exam. Like you said new folks are quitting or failing, people will continue to retire or end up on comp, restricted, etc… This list will be good for another year atleast.

20 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

There isn’t a promotional exam to replace this one. They aren’t going to let this list expire & not hire people without a backup exam. Like you said new folks are quitting or failing, people will continue to retire or end up on comp, restricted, etc… This list will be good for another year atleast.

At this point, it's more of a matter of how many left they need to hire and whether some of the people here will actually be reached or not. As Jack mentioned, there are several train operators with ad hoc board jobs right now. This is not including at the very least the people who were hired back on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and just this past Monday that will make it worse when they graduate. I have never seen a board job start at 9PM before and it was bad enough when they had board jobs that started at 8PM!

Any more train operators that they'll hire in the next certification will likely just be enough to cover those who will be promoting to dispatcher and TSS. Sooner or later, the spout is going to drip to a stop.

Also keep in mind, there's always someone willing to do some overtime and they're all crying right now that they're being told that nothing's available.

ladies and gentlemen - please.....just chillax and enjoy life.....smell the roses....cuz you can!!
cuz we can't....inside the tunnel it's very very very toxic, and this is proven, and it's killing RTO.....:excl:

count your blessings you are free......

anyways....for what it's worth.  they aren't hiring anymore as i've heard.  they "paused it" since the new late Dec/Jan class
for whatever reason.....only those who pay grades are 10 steps above us knows why.

I actually wanna know why too.....they has been a major reshuffling in School Car

oh and.......we don't even have a new work program!!! lulzzzz :lol::blink: :(:(

On 2/14/2023 at 3:14 AM, trackerjack said:

ladies and gentlemen - please.....just chillax and enjoy life.....smell the roses....cuz you can!!
cuz we can't....inside the tunnel it's very very very toxic, and this is proven, and it's killing RTO.....:excl:

anyways....for what it's worth.  they aren't hiring anymore as i've heard.  they "paused it" since the new late Dec/Jan class
for whatever reason.....only those who pay grades are 10 steps above us knows why.

I actually wanna know why too.....they has been a major reshuffling in School Car

Speak for yourself....I still manage to have a life beyond operating trains...was still able to even when I was xx.

A div life must be horrible for you..

They got Folks over here in the B Div sitting on the board all day not picking up anything str chillin watching Deal or no Deal on TV..

Don't worry about the work program you XX anyway...

As for Schoolcar Ill just LOL at that train wreck (No im not saying why its happening here either).

Edited by RTOMan

I’m still in my 20’s and as of right now I rather have financial stability so I can invest and build a future instead of being able to “smell the roses”. Especially with the state of the economy and all the lay offs right now. 

But what’s stopping you from enjoying your day after you get off work. I don’t get why you guys are saying the job takes up your whole life. After your 8 hour shift is finished can’t you go out and enjoy your day like any other normal job I’m confused as to why you guys make it seem like your doing 20 hour shifts everyday.

4 hours ago, RTOMan said:

They got Folks over here in the B Div sitting on the board all day not picking up anything str chillin watching Deal or no Deal on TV..

As for Schoolcar Ill just LOL at that train wreck (No im not saying why its happening here either).

That Deal or No Deal joke is a fun secret reference and inside joke. :-)

3 hours ago, Youngking said:

I’m still in my 20’s and as of right now I rather have financial stability so I can invest and build a future instead of being able to “smell the roses”. Especially with the state of the economy and all the lay offs right now. 

But what’s stopping you from enjoying your day after you get off work. I don’t get why you guys are saying the job takes up your whole life. After your 8 hour shift is finished can’t you go out and enjoy your day like any other normal job I’m confused as to why you guys make it seem like your doing 20 hour shifts everyday.

FWIW, I've been at this for nearly four years, and with the exception of schoolcar and my first month or so on the road, I've worked PMs, so my experiences can vary, but there are days where you'll have a 2.5-hour commute to and from the reporting site, sometimes four to five hours on board waiting for a job and then a full 8 to 10 hour job on the road. So it does soak up a bit of your time, and you're sometimes so zonked from working that you're just too tired to do anything, or in my case, everybody is asleep and everything is closed which leaves everything for your RDOs. Given that your RDOs are most likely going to be during the week, it's a bit a hit to your social life as well if you're a weekend warrior.

As with all things, working down here requires you be a bit more disciplined about things including your own physical and mental health, and you do trade off the ability to make a decent bit of money in exchange for a short commute and some free time, especially at the start of your career. But if you take that same discipline that will get you through schoolcar to your free time, you can sometimes make it work for you. 

10 hours ago, Godsfavorite said:

My 90 days was up as of Monday. Still keeping the faith. Was laid off a couple of months ago. Taking the time to get things in order.

i wrote quite a lot.....but it all kept getting censored by the stupid AI bot that blocks everything i say. 
i'm just speaking the truth about this job that really has nothing but *** EXTREMELY RUDE NEGATIVE & INSENSTIVE COMMENT ABOUT TRANSIT CENSORED & DESTROYED ***  

you see what i mean?

Anyways......i'm sorry for your loss.....of your job.  but it'll all work out to the end.  TRUST!! it does
getting unemployment is good.  it gives you TIME to plan your life.  you only have one!!!
trust me.......utilize your time now.
cuz.....it's TIME you will NEVER get back if you end up working with us in *** COMMENT DELETED -- YOUR ACCOUNT IS RED FLAGGED FOR REMOVAL ***

god dammit!!!

anyways.....keep looking for jobs.  don't stop. even if.....by a miracle (or......the opposite of one).....you get into school car.....never stop looking!
never stop improving yourself and aspiring for better things in your life.

btw you may have a shot cuz a lot are getting fired and quitting.  Kars 4 Kids have a better reputation and structure than our Skool Kar.
you know.....that commericial that always plays over and over and over and over??
we got kids derailing over switches, popping homes, and not being able to key leads.  it makes good Instagrams but it really does screw up the road for us.  days i wonder why am i stuck in middle for 40 mins and......guess what.....it's the day i left my phone external battery at home....:unsure:

if you do get in the Hole with us.......remember.  :excl::excl: DO NOT DRINK THE KOOL-AID!!!!! :excl::excl:

1 hour ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

That Deal or No Deal joke is a fun secret reference and inside joke. :-)

FWIW, I've been at this for nearly four years, and with the exception of schoolcar and my first month or so on the road, I've worked PMs, so my experiences can vary, but there are days where you'll have a 2.5-hour commute to and from the reporting site, sometimes four to five hours on board waiting for a job and then a full 8 to 10 hour job on the road. So it does soak up a bit of your time, and you're sometimes so zonked from working that you're just too tired to do anything, or in my case, everybody is asleep and everything is closed which leaves everything for your RDOs. Given that your RDOs are most likely going to be during the week, it's a bit a hit to your social life as well if you're a weekend warrior.

As with all things, working down here requires you be a bit more disciplined about things including your own physical and mental health, and you do trade off the ability to make a decent bit of money in exchange for a short commute and some free time, especially at the start of your career. But if you take that same discipline that will get you through schoolcar to your free time, you can sometimes make it work for you. 

ooh yes Veteran Keikyu is right on the money with this one.  100%  MONEY TRAIN 1995 film!!
it happened to me last week.......and the TO sitting riiiight in front of me on monday.  Last......Minute..........Jobs.........
if you want the full border-line discouraging explaination on.....why we never have 8 hour days.......you can DM me if u want.   

I will not post......cuz my comments gets censored by the AI Bot.

........the Bot is looking at me right now.  i can feel it........no seriously.......it's literally giving me the evil eye now

8 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Deal or no deal..🤔 179?

16 hours ago, Youngking said:

Absolutely you can have a life, I'm xx and I manage. I'm not going to lie XX can be brutal but you can manage it and work the angles to make your life easier. Now the person always complaining is also the person that when they had a way out didn't take it. You seem to understand that this is quite an opportunity, make it work for you. Watch who you listen to. 

Edited by Maschine Bob

19 minutes ago, Maschine Bob said:

Absolutely you can have a life, I'm xx and I manage. I'm not going to lie XX can be brutal but you can manage it and work the angles to make your life easier. Now the person always complaining is also the person that when they had a way out didn't take it. You seem to understand that this is quite an opportunity, make it work for you. Watch who you listen to. 

I never paid attention to the whiners and believe me it’s better now than it was when I started… Some of these folks have a lot of things handed to them.. They better start getting involved in the union  and stop crying online that’s all I’m gonna say…

1 minute ago, RTOMan said:

I never paid attention to the whiners and believe me it’s better now than it was when I started… Some of these folks have a lot of things handed to them.. They better start getting involved in the union  and stop crying online that’s all I’m gonna say…

When u say get involved with the union what exactly should people do? Going to meetings and drinking the Kool aid is just a waste of time. People say get involved but that's very vague.

5 minutes ago, beanz said:

When u say get involved with the union what exactly should people do? Going to meetings and drinking the Kool aid is just a waste of time. People say get involved but that's very vague.

So you ok with just making assumptions that the union isn’t doing anything? Involved means asking questions holding reps accountable document anything unsafe to the union know your job the rules all of these things help, and if you feel that’s not enough throw that hat in the ring… Vote candidates in who can help…  This is my last contract I’m gone in three years 10 months.. You folks are the future of this union. If you want to sit back and let TA do their nonsense then I don’t know what to tell you these people aren’t looking out for us and they would love to break this union.. Trust the process give it time..

Edited by RTOMan

16 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

So you ok with just making assumptions that the union isn’t doing anything? Involved means asking questions holding reps accountable document anything unsafe to the union know your job the rules all of these things help, and if you feel that’s not enough throw that hat in the ring… Vote candidates in who can help…  This is my last contract I’m gone in three years 10 months.. You folks are the future of this union. If you want to sit back and let TA do their nonsense then I don’t know what to tell you these people aren’t looking out for us and they would love to break this union.. Trust the process give it time..

I didn't say anything about assumptions I'm honestly asking how specifically can any of us do anything that makes any difference? Ya want to lay the blame on the new folks working xx or shit schedules for not getting involved as if anybody has any time. We vote them in to represent our interest and when people can't get any answers then that's when assumptions and misinformation take root. I been here 4 years through 2 admins and have needed both their help and both times I got nada so sorry if I have little faith in any of them. This union got beat down to it's knees before our time so maybe it's u guys heading out the door that are responsible for not holding these reps accountable.

Edited by beanz

16 minutes ago, beanz said:

I didn't say anything about assumptions I'm honestly asking how specifically can any of us do anything that makes any difference? Ya want to lay the blame on the new folks working xx or shit schedules for not getting involved as if anybody has any time. We vote them in to represent our interest and when people can't get any answers then that's when assumptions and misinformation take root. I been here 4 years through 2 admins and have needed both their help and both times I got nada so sorry if I have little faith in any of them. This union got beat down to it's knees before our time so maybe it's u guys heading out the door that are responsible for not helping your reps accountable.

See you took what I said and twisted to how your feelings are I have actually held reps  accountable voiced my opinion reached out when I seen things unsafe and not did anything for these people to put myself in a bad position the heck with their railroad because they’d place the blame right in my lap if they could I seen it done and if it wasn’t for the union those folks would be long gone and fired. Yes it’s not perfect it could be better that’s up to you folks in here now I wasn’t placing blame I’m stating a fact....I was at that mass membership  meeting that Saturday and you’d be surprised that there’s folks who feel the way I feel The union is as strong as it’s members .You don’t care then fine you have your feelings I’m not trying to change them.  Listen I’m not going to go back and forth with you brother we aren’t enemies these people we work for are just remember this conversation down the line when TA tries to start with the real nonsense… It’s coming.. Stop em in their tracks..

Edited by RTOMan