ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wear what they ask, why try your luck of getting sent home and being embarrassed if they call you out? If you don’t have a suit and tie, I suggest khakis and a button down shirt should be sufficient. Just don’t be that 1 guy that rolls in with shorts or streetwear.

at my current position I have sent home many individuals male/females because of that. We see it as if you can’t follow basic rules, what rules can you follow as an employee? Also the MTA is a mandatory uniform wearing company, rules are rules.

17 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

Does anyone know what number have they gotten to for the medicals??

I did my PE 5/31 and no email as of yet.

From what I saw on here the last set of medical emails went out on Friday and it was people in the 200/300 range who went to PE around the 15th-17th. 

3 hours ago, OB456 said:

List number 35x ...Still waiting for medical email ...went for pre-employment 5/17 ...Spoke to Ms. Vargas today and she said they’re still clearing medicals in the 200s. 

Same here, list number 35x, that’s good to know, assuming we will be in the August class 

23 minutes ago, jmksi said:

Will moving violation tickets on your record have you knocked out of contention? Tickets from NY only or all states? What about drivers license suspensions? How many years back do they check?

You can’t have any outstanding tickets, zero balance, nothing pending or else you won’t be able to go further until they are cleared. I believe that applies to all states. 

15 minutes ago, BKRyder said:

Those of you who've gone in for medical, what is that like?   What things are they checking?

Was there from 7am-4pm.. they check your vision, ekg, hearing, height & weight, urine test for your sugar level, and doctor does a physical on you. Doctor measures your neck size to see if you’re at risk for sleep apnea. 

12 hours ago, Physcoles said:

Was there from 7am-4pm.. they check your vision, ekg, hearing, height & weight, urine test for your sugar level, and doctor does a physical on you. Doctor measures your neck size to see if you’re at risk for sleep apnea. 

I’ve also seen some candidates as well as some MTA employees go in to get the spirometry test to test lung function. Not sure how they were selected for that. Perhaps asthmatics or smokers?