ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

I got the same thing, but a physical piece of paper in the mail last week. It says Montague street right?

Yes Montague St. I’m assuming it’s at the same time, 7am, but I will call on Thursday to confirm.

5 minutes ago, Hopefull84 said:

I’m confused...I’ve read people saying that they are “now going by the open competitive list”...so has this list been established yet or not??

Yes. Based on what I was told after completing my medical and not being fingerprinted and sworn in, yes the list has been established. Not sure if its published to public or not.

I attended PE back in May and am still waiting for my medical email. I have a vacation booked for 10 days  starting on the 9th of this month and I'm worried if they email me to come in during that time. I have a very low list number in the 200 range and I was hoping to get called the past 2 classes but that didn't happen. I want to get called ASAP and for the next potential class, but at the same time I also hope this doesn't interfere with my plans. This is really bad timing for these emails to go out. In case I did get the email, what can I do? I won't be physically here to attend any invitations, but at the same time I don't want to cancel my plans because they may not even send me an email. Can I postpone it 1 month in the event I was to get called during my vacation? Or will they skip over me entirely?

Reply back to the email and let them know .. I inquired about a similar situation my list number is in the low 700 but from I will be gone for 2 months ( Sept, and Oct ) so I reached out in case my number is called why I’m away they just said to tell them that I’m not ready at the time if they call me 

18 hours ago, LEO1990 said:

Can someone give me some advice? I've been following this thread for weeks now and I'm not sure what to make of my situation. My list number is in the 200's and I attended PE on 5/15. I was told to wait 3-90 days. I have yet to hear a single word back from anyone, yet when I read through this thread I see people who have list numbers that are double/triple what mine is getting called. I tried called 180 Livingston and they just give me typical generic responses and don't actually provide any help or reason as to why I've been skipped over. I don't mind waiting 90 days, but I feel that something is wrong. I should have been in the June or July class with a list number that low. It is very frustrating seeing people get called with list numbers that are 3x higher than mine. There's also no way that my urine test came back dirty since I am clean as a whistle. I spoke to a woman on the phone and she said the order in which you are called depends on "the way the papers were stacked". If that is true, then it is complete BS because it essentially means our list numbers and test scores mean nothing. It would mean that this is a random selection/lottery win at this point. I know that may excite some of you, but it also may worry some of you. Hopefully she is wrong and fairness prevails. Sorry to anyone with a high list number, hopefully all of you get called eventually, but to get called before people with lower numbers is BS. I really want this job!

Tbh they are right about how the papers are stacked. They call us in by list number, but how we return the forms they don’t reorganize by that. If they call 300, first 300 hundred to complete medical/testing etc gets priority. They don’t hold your number and wait until you’re finished.

If you feel somethings wrong I would go to the office in person and ask to speak to someone. Everyone’s probably swamped trying to get this class started and won’t give you the time of day over the phone since they think you’re just someone asking a BS question. 

1 hour ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Tbh they are right about how the papers are stacked. They call us in by list number, but how we return the forms they don’t reorganize by that. If they call 300, first 300 hundred to complete medical/testing etc gets priority. They don’t hold your number and wait until you’re finished.

If you feel somethings wrong I would go to the office in person and ask to speak to someone. Everyone’s probably swamped trying to get this class started and won’t give you the time of day over the phone since they think you’re just someone asking a BS question. 

How is that fair though if everything is supposed to be by seniority?

12 hours ago, Gisnunnie said:

Yes. Based on what I was told after completing my medical and not being fingerprinted and sworn in, yes the list has been established. Not sure if its published to public or not.

I checked yesterday and I didn’t see it published online... nothing shows up for exam 7604. I also searched my name to see what lists my name appears on and 7604 was the only one not listed. 

5 minutes ago, Djx said:

How is that fair though if everything is supposed to be by seniority?

Fair and seniority? Honestly, 95% of employees there couldn't care less. They act as if there doing you a favor. I try not to get caught up in their "politics".

12 hours ago, LEO1990 said:

I attended PE back in May and am still waiting for my medical email. I have a vacation booked for 10 days  starting on the 9th of this month and I'm worried if they email me to come in during that time. I have a very low list number in the 200 range and I was hoping to get called the past 2 classes but that didn't happen. I want to get called ASAP and for the next potential class, but at the same time I also hope this doesn't interfere with my plans. This is really bad timing for these emails to go out. In case I did get the email, what can I do? I won't be physically here to attend any invitations, but at the same time I don't want to cancel my plans because they may not even send me an email. Can I postpone it 1 month in the event I was to get called during my vacation? Or will they skip over me entirely?

Have you tried calling Michelle Vargas 347.643.8218? I believe she is one of the HR folks handling T/O and C/R (she is the one who sent the medical email). It might take you dozens of tries to get through though. 

As for for postponement you might have to decline and call DCAS to resinstate your name on the list when you’re ready since folks are saying they are now going by the OC list. 

I guess timing was right for me since I went in for medical June 6 and invited to the July 9 class so that gave me a whole month to go on one last vacation before starting. I’ve read some folks went in for medical mid May, invited to 5/29 class so they didn’t even have time to give their current employers the full two weeks notice. 

Edited by apokeguy
Updated info

12 hours ago, Gisnunnie said:

I got called for final processing next week. I'm in the late 2**. August 13th class. 

2**? Only Aug class? I'm 3**. Looks like i wont get called for medical until sept or oct. Probably will have to do the drug test again. I do like that it seems everyone will get a chance.......just takes a while. 

Congrats. 

So I called in since I never received my score and this Monday, transit told me I had list 49*.

however, when I stopped by Livingston st for another application, I asked for my list number on paper I have a 4,99*. With a score of 88.

The lady at the window said don’t quote her, but they got to almost 10k last time and I should get called in a few years.

Is there any truth to this? Or should I just forget about it and worry about other civil service jobs and the two B/O exams this month and next?

thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, NycHopeful718 said:

So I called in since I never received my score and this Monday, transit told me I had list 49*.

however, when I stopped by Livingston st for another application, I asked for my list number on paper I have a 4,99*. With a score of 88.

The lady at the window said don’t quote her, but they got to almost 10k last time and I should get called in a few years.

Is there any truth to this? Or should I just forget about it and worry about other civil service jobs and the two B/O exams this month and next?

thanks in advance 

49* or 499*?? That’s a big gap, if it’s 49* expect it by next year based on the amount of folks theyr calling. if it’s 499* a couple of years depending on their needs, but I wouldn’t bank on it unless something comes in the mail. Reason I say this is based on deferrals and dq’s Could play a big part of how the numbers move along these next few years.

Edited by MTAHopeful813

1 hour ago, NycHopeful718 said:

thanks in advance 

I say take as many exams as you can rather than putting all your eggs in one basket. You always have the option of declining and reinstating your name in ththe future if things don’t work as as planned. I took multiple exams and I got I didn’t expect to get called for T/O and I got canvassed for other positions at the same time.  

3 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

49* or 499*?? That’s a big gap, if it’s 49* expect it by next year based on the amount of folks theyr calling. if it’s 499* a couple of years depending on their needs, but I wouldn’t bank on it unless something comes in the mail. Reason I say this is based on deferrals and dq’s Could play a big part of how the numbers move along these next few years.

I heard 490s on the phone, and when I got it in writing I was in the 4990s.

essentially from number 500 to number 5k. 

Huge difference. 

Thats why why I ask is this even a possiblitly 

3 hours ago, njbk said:

For anyone who has received a pre employment letter but hasn’t gone in yet, they are doing T/O pre employment processing every day this week. 

What does this mean? Back in May, I received an email to come in for pre-orientation for paperwork and a urine sample. Is this something different? Is this the same thing I already went in for?

37 minutes ago, LEO1990 said:

What does this mean? Back in May, I received an email to come in for pre-orientation for paperwork and a urine sample. Is this something different? Is this the same thing I already went in for?

Yes it’s the same.