ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also got my letter for June 11th .. think I did well with conductor exam last year, curious if I can pull off the same trick twice

Was 2nd to last person to leave the class, don't know why people wouldn't use all allotted time, so many left with over an hour left to go

Got my letter today as well.... My date is June 11th

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Gotti, looks like we might run into each other on the 11th of June as well. I bet I have the longest drive out of anyone though, coming ALLLLL the way from Southeastern Massachusetts for this dream job. This is my one shot. I'd rather go down swinging, and strike out then never get a chance to bat at all. And who knows, maybe. Just maybe I will hit a Homer and do well and get a call back somewhere on down the line. Betting on myself for a change.  :D

Looks like a lot of us are for the June 11 at Midwood exam. Oooohhh this is going to get exciting REAL quick. Lol 

Are you guys getting excited yet? I am! I think I will head to my public library and get some freshening up on Reading Comprehension and some math questions like Train A leaves at such and such time, Train B leaves at such and such time. At which time will they meet each other along the route? I HATE those!  :(

Edited by JV620

Also got my letter for June 11th .. think I did well with conductor exam last year, curious if I can pull off the same trick twice

Was 2nd to last person to leave the class, don't know why people wouldn't use all allotted time, so many left with over an hour left to go

Of course you can pull it off twice, do the same thing you did before. Use all of the alloted time and check and recheck your answers and try not to overthink the questions. As you said I don't know why people leave as soon as they finished. I was midway through my conductor exam before people started leaving lol, they're going to be disappointed when we get our official results back. I went over my answers twice and caught so many careless mistakes I made simply because I didn't read the questions thoroughly. 79/80 on my preliminary results lord knows what it would've been if I would've left as soon as I finished.

It's not a race, a couple of questions wrong could mean the difference between you getting called years later if at all. Take your time and go over your answers until you feel satisfied.

I want to wish you and everyone else here taking this exam Goodluck. Hopefully all of us will be coworkers down the line. You got this!

Gotti, looks like we might run into each other on the 11th of June as well. I bet I have the longest drive out of anyone though, coming ALLLLL the way from Southeastern Massachusetts for this dream job. This is my one shot. I'd rather go down swinging, and strike out then never get a chance to bat at all. And who knows, maybe. Just maybe I will hit a Homer and do well and get a call back somewhere on down the line. Betting on myself for a change. :D

Looks like a lot of us are for the June 11 at Midwood exam. Oooohhh this is going to get exciting REAL quick. Lol

Are you guys getting excited yet? I am! I think I will head to my public library and get some freshening up on Reading Comprehension and some math questions like Train A leaves at such and such time, Train B leaves at such and such time. At which time will they meet each other along the route? I HATE those! :(

And I thought I was far.... 1hr away in longisland

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

It's not a race, a couple of questions wrong could mean the difference between you getting called years later if at all. Take your time and go over your answers until you feel satisfied.

Yes it's not a race but if this exam is going to be as simple as the conductor, I can honestly see myself leaving after 20-30 minutes like the conductor's exam. (Mind you, I only got 2 wrong on the conductor's which I believe was the questions that "looked" like had two answers, tbh).

Not really worried about these exams though, as everyone knows it takes awhile to get a response back anyway...more worried about getting a quick job right now in the process. The hardships of IT world for me.

I signed up for this exam, and the B/O #7300 and plan to sign up for the other two (2) B/O #7612 and #7105. Not to get off subject but, I find out yesterday that on the B/O exams, the next step assuming you pass is the BOSS. As a former B/O myself here in MA, I actually failed the Culture Fit Assessment Test when I took it for a Passenger Conductor position at Amtrak. 

I am seriously concerned about that BOSS test assuming I pass the first one.  :(  It is not as easy as they make it seem, or they say it is. 

Of course you can pull it off twice, do the same thing you did before. Use all of the alloted time and check and recheck your answers and try not0 to overthink the questions. As you said I don't know why people leave as soon as they finished. I was midway through my conductor exam before people started leaving lol, they're going to be disappointed when we get our official results back. I went over my answers twice and caught so many careless mistakes I made simply because I didn't read the questions thoroughly. 79/80 on my preliminary results lord knows what it would've been if I would've left as soon as I finished.

I want to wish you and everyone else here taking this exam Goodluck. Hopefully all of us will be coworkers down the line. You got this!

Thank you, hope you're right. Looks like we're both positioned pretty well for conductor. Train op would be even better (though i imagine training might be more demanding, therefore easier to flunk out).

I'm currently driving access-a-ride to make ends meet and it's getting old.

Edited by jake3178

I'm currently driving access-a-ride to make ends meet and it's getting old.

Tell me about it....I only lasted with one of the carriers 6 months....offhand, do you have your Class B CDL? If so, where do you live? You don't have to answer me back, however, depending on your answers, this might be of interest...yes, a fixed route with college kids and no senior citizens...

I am sure that this has been asked before, but I cannot quickly find it. Study Material: Nothing that we can brush up on except reading comprehension books from our local public library is pretty much the best way to study for this one? And knowing some famous landmarks?

I am sure that this has been asked before, but I cannot quickly find it. Study Material: Nothing that we can brush up on except reading comprehension books from our local public library is pretty much the best way to study for this one? And knowing some famous landmarks?

Although I'm not taking this exam since I didn't meet the one year of full-time work experience with one employer, that's what I did for the past Conductor and Bus Operator exams...those Passbooks are just a waste of time and money...I got one of them out of the library just for curiosity purposes, and I returned it days later since it was so outdated...

Although I'm not taking this exam since I didn't meet the one year of full-time work experience with one employer, that's what I did for the past Conductor and Bus Operator exams...those Passbooks are just a waste of time and money...I got one of them out of the library just for curiosity purposes, and I returned it days later since it was so outdated...

Not to get off topic since this is the T/O exam thread but what are your thoughts on this passbook for the MTA BOSS exam provided I score high on one of the three upcoming B/O exams and get a shot at the BOSS. I guess I would have to take three (3) different BOSS exams if I scored high enough to get called back from the written exams that will be coming up - is that correct? 

Here is the link for that passbook that I am thinking about buying. Note that the Copyright date states as 2015 so that looks fairly recent. 

http://www.passbooks.com/bus-operator-selection-survey-boss-c-4553/

Your thoughts?

I honestly don't know about the Passbook for the BOSS exam, however from taking it at least twice, here are some sample questions with the answers in bold just to give you an idea of what they're going to ask for:

#1) I never feel in a rush, even under pressure.

A) Strongly Agree

B) Agree

C) Neutral

D) Disagree

E) Strongly Disagree

(keep in mind that the subways & buses are on a timetable, respectively, and if you're running late, you'll get compensated for it)

#2) My spouse or close friend would rate me as definitely relaxed & easy going.

A) Strongly Agree

B) Agree

C) Neutral

D) Disagree

E) Strongly Disagree

(These are the type of people the agency wants to hire, not those who are "strong minded")

#3) In your opinion, employees who use their full amount of sick time every year are:

a) Costing their employer money necessarily.

b) Unproductive and a burden to fellow workers.

c) Sick people.

d) Using a company benefit appropriately.

e) Just using what is rightfully theirs.

(If you do use your full amount of sick time, not only does it look bad on your record, but the agency also has to keep scrambling to get someone to cover for you, especially at the last minute, which doesn't look good either.)

#4) The charge of a ticket is too high.

a) Strongly Agree

b) Agree

c) Neutral

d) Disagree

e) Strongly Disagree

(Why were you speeding or illegally parked to begin with?)

Got it? If not, just let me know and I'll provide you with more "sample" questions...but please do not :drool:...

Edited by +Young+
Addition...