ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, njbk said:

I’m in same boat. Is there a confirmed August class? I heard they were gonna have a T/O class every month for the rest of the year, but who knows. 

Yes, I believe some were saying they were contacted for an August 13 class. 

4 hours ago, njbk said:

I’m in same boat. Is there a confirmed August class? I heard they were gonna have a T/O class every month for the rest of the year, but who knows. 

Yes, the August class begin on the 13th. I will be in it.

Anyone know which boots are the most comfortable on the website?

12 minutes ago, njbk said:

Just got my email for medical for the August 13 class. Went in for PE July 10. 

July 10? What’s your #? I went in May and haven’t heard anything. 

Edited by Djx

10 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

You were in the teens?

Why’d it take so long for them to call you?

I got the letter back in May, but had just started a new job working for someone who i have a good relationship and didn’t want to leave on such short notice. 

On 7/17/2018 at 10:35 PM, apokeguy said:

You’re jumping ahead of yourself. They will do uniform measurements during your first week and will take your info to have them shipped. Then from there I heard it will take a few weeks. Last class of 40 T/Os took them about 4 weeks. My class is 70 so I'm not holding my breath. 

If you don’t already have them, get yourselves a few SHORT sleeves blue or grey button downs and blue or black pants. No cargo pockets, cell phone pockets, multi use pocket on the pants. One set might hold you over for the first week since it’s all orientation and sitting but once you’re out in the yards, standing there and/or climbing you will definitely sweat in this weather... and the safety vest contributes to it. Felt sorry for all the folks who wore long sleeves and were sweating bullets just standing their waiting their turn.

Second week in and we already climbed the train a few times.

Quick tip start reading the rules and regulations book if you haven’t already...  Rules 1-38

Just received my shipment of uniforms yesterday. Same with a few of my classmates. To give you guys a timeframe our class of T/Os got measured last Thursday so it took a week but YMMV. Uniform company ships it out Fedex overnight and signature is required. It ALL comes in one big box depending if they have the item in stock for your size (my size pants are on backorder and one of the hats came in a separate package). You have the opportunity to try the pieces on and exchange them if you need a different size or wrong item is shipped etc...

1 hour ago, njbk said:

Is it possible to switch from one division to another once you’re on the job? If yes, what does the switch entail?

As per my TSS yes you can switch divisions, but you must have enough seniority to pick a job in the other subdivision. There's also a possibility that you can be drafted into the other subvision if they're that short on people. You'll have to be qualified on the other subdivisions equipment and you will have to post on the lines. Jobs are picked every 6 months.

Someone with more experience can chime in more, but that's the basics of it.

Received my results in May like the rest of you and noticed that I had a 91 list number 16xx. I knew I had 4/60 wrong which was a 93. I sent a letter to appeal the results. Today I got a letter from MTA saying my “Original” test score of 93.33 was reviewed and my appeal is denied. It says I got 56/60 questions right so my score will be unchanged. Looks like they corrected their mistake and some of us may have new list numbers once the list is made official. Any idea what range the 93’s are in? I would assume a nice bump from 1600 to the low 1,000’s or even 900’s. If I didn’t have the paper mta sent me in the beginning I would be looking crazy right now.

Edited by 2nice

4 hours ago, JoseL1992 said:

I’m 93 in the high 700s I’m sure there’s is 93s in th 1000s all depends on your SSN

Did u get a letter for pre employment? Gonna call on Monday to find out what my list number is.

15 hours ago, 2nice said:

Received my results in May like the rest of you and noticed that I had a 91 list number 16xx. I knew I had 4/60 wrong which was a 93. I sent a letter to appeal the results. Today I got a letter from MTA saying my “Original” test score of 93.33 was reviewed and my appeal is denied. It says I got 56/60 questions right so my score will be unchanged. Looks like they corrected their mistake and some of us may have new list numbers once the list is made official. Any idea what range the 93’s are in? I would assume a nice bump from 1600 to the low 1,000’s or even 900’s. If I didn’t have the paper mta sent me in the beginning I would be looking crazy right now.

14 hours ago, JoseL1992 said:

I’m 93 in the high 700s I’m sure there’s is 93s in th 1000s all depends on your SSN

Same here, 93 scored. List # 11xx I do have a high last 4 social.

1 hour ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Same here, 93 scored. List # 11xx I do have a high last 4 social.

Goes by the fifth digit in your SSN.  Now if people have the same score and same SSN digit not sure how it works then. Birth date maybe?