ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

2 hours ago, njbk said:

Are dickies OK while waiting for the uniform or will I need to wear dress pants? Thank you.

As long as they follow the guidelines of the bulletin.

”In addition, when the initial allotment or replacement uniform components are not readily available, employees must wear garments that are indistinguishable from the NYCT-issued uniform garments (examples of garments not permitted to be worn include but are not limited to cargo pants, carpenter pants, pants with cell phone or multi use pockets, tactical pants and paramedic/police pants).” 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, njbk said:

There have only been 2 schoolcar classes that started since they began using this list and they are already up to 438, you shouldn't have to wait too much longer.

Keep in mind when the DCAS list is released they will start canvassing from the top of the list. 

1 hour ago, njbk said:

I can't answer that, but 7604 is moving way faster than anyone thought it would. The fact that they started hiring off the list before it was even finalized because they needed T/Os so bad indicates that there will be many classes coming up over the next 6 months to a year. You're almost there.

Okay. I'll still reactivate my B/O list no, just in case.

32 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

As long as they follow the guidelines of the bulletin.

”In addition, when the initial allotment or replacement uniform components are not readily available, employees must wear garments that are indistinguishable from the NYCT-issued uniform garments (examples of garments not permitted to be worn include but are not limited to cargo pants, carpenter pants, pants with cell phone or multi use pockets, tactical pants and paramedic/police pants).” 

This just saved me from ordering a bunch of the wrong pants, thank you. 

Theyre probably getting ready to release the list publicly, the original letter they sent us with our list #'s did say they're expected to release it by end of this month.

highest to receive a notice from mta for screenings - #700's

highest in class - #430's?

schoolcar classes held for 2018 - 2 ?

1 hour ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Theyre probably getting ready to release the list publicly, the original letter they sent us with our list #'s did say they're expected to release it by end of this month.

highest to receive a notice from mta for screenings - #700's

highest in class - #430's?

schoolcar classes held for 2018 - 2 ?

I was the one who mentioned the 438 number. The lady said they have been hiring provisionally at the moment, but mentioned a 438 list no--I don't remember the exact context of how she mentioned the no, so will call again. But either way, I think it'll still take a year for those in the 1000s and up to get called. Hence why I'm going for the B/O option, too.

2 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

I was the one who mentioned the 438 number. The lady said they have been hiring provisionally at the moment, but mentioned a 438 list no--I don't remember the exact context of how she mentioned the no, so will call again. But either way, I think it'll still take a year for those in the 1000s and up to get called. Hence why I'm going for the B/O option, too.

Doubt it will take a year to reach 1,000 if they are already at 430 in 2 months. 

1 hour ago, 2nice said:

Doubt it will take a year to reach 1,000 if they are already at 430 in 2 months. 

Realistically I feel all the pre employments they sent out so far are for hiring till the end of this year. So when the need to fill positions comes up they can then start calling those people in for medicals and so fourth. I don’t see them calling many more people in this year for pre employment, even after the list is established. At most they should reach 1000 for pre employment by the end of this year. Just my opinion. 

6 hours ago, 2nice said:

I agree. Many will not pass background check, drug test, and medical. Some may not be ready to go thru the process. Some will even realize the job isn't for them. I'll be surprised if it's not at 1300 by year end. 

59 minutes ago, thenyteowl said:

I agree. Many will not pass background check, drug test, and medical. Some may not be ready to go thru the process. Some will even realize the job isn't for them. I'll be surprised if it's not at 1300 by year end. 

I sure hope you're right then!

Hopefully those of us in the 4xx-7xx awaiting medicals here something soon and those in the 1000+ range get their pre-employment letters before year end as well. Seems like they are really moving through bodies.

In case it helps anyone in similar range, my info is as follows:

List number 7xx

Pre-Employment Date: June 1st -- the actual date I went down to Livingston was June 13th since I had already made plans to be away on vacation well before letters were mailed on and postmarked May 23rd. In case anyone has this issue, HR is pretty accommodating if you call them ahead of time with your situation and follow their instructions when coming in on alternative agreed upon date. Not sure how far "back in line" this will put me but better than being knocked off the list or having to wait until next batch of letters.

Medical Status: Was told 3-90 days was when I would hear from TA via email or phone, like everyone else. About halfway through that range so far. Regarding drug test, I hear there is a certain time range where your test needs to be retaken if long wait time occurs before medical and final processing. Not worried about it, will happily wait in line to re-do test when I get that close to getting into a class.

31 minutes ago, TOcandidate2006 said:

Hopefully those of us in the 4xx-7xx awaiting medicals here something soon and those in the 1000+ range get their pre-employment letters before year end as well. Seems like they are really moving through bodies.

In case it helps anyone in similar range, my info is as follows:

List number 7xx

Pre-Employment Date: June 1st -- the actual date I went down to Livingston was June 13th since I had already made plans to be away on vacation well before letters were mailed on and postmarked May 23rd. In case anyone has this issue, HR is pretty accommodating if you call them ahead of time with your situation and follow their instructions when coming in on alternative agreed upon date. Not sure how far "back in line" this will put me but better than being knocked off the list or having to wait until next batch of letters.

Medical Status: Was told 3-90 days was when I would hear from TA via email or phone, like everyone else. About halfway through that range so far. Regarding drug test, I hear there is a certain time range where your test needs to be retaken if long wait time occurs before medical and final processing. Not worried about it, will happily wait in line to re-do test when I get that close to getting into a class.

Same here. 

List # 67*

PE - 5/31

Im thinking 20% Chance Sept class.

65% chance Oct class.

100% chance Nov class. 

Just attempting to stay positive and not jump out my skin every time me email alert goes off.  It will come, try to enjoy your summer ladies and gents. 

I for one am glad I'm not being called too quickly. I wanted to at least finish this semester of school so I can do all my other classes online. This semester is the last one that I will have to take in person classes. 

I'm number 86x on the list so I'm thinking maybe end of this year, early next year. 

Only sucks because I will have to go back down there and take a day off to take another drug test. I was at the June 7th pre employment. 

2 hours ago, acabral136 said:

I for one am glad I'm not being called too quickly. I wanted to at least finish this semester of school so I can do all my other classes online. This semester is the last one that I will have to take in person classes. 

I'm number 86x on the list so I'm thinking maybe end of this year, early next year. 

Only sucks because I will have to go back down there and take a day off to take another drug test. I was at the June 7th pre employment. 

Might be better that you finish school altogether before taking the position and going into school car. I wouldn’t recommend splitting your time studying for your classes and school car unless you think you can juggle between the two. There’s a lot of info to absorb on top of all the signals and signs. 

1 hour ago, njbk said:

After 11 hours at 180 Livingston today, i am officially an MTA employee. Excited to get started. 

Congrats! Keep up that excitement man. It’s my second week of school car and we already operated trains in the yard and operated a train on the mainline. Going from south end of the line to the north and back.  

40 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

Congrats! Keep up that excitement man. It’s my second week of school car and we already operated trains in the yard and operated a train on the mainline. Going from south end of the line to the north and back.  

Thank you! That’s awesome and I’m really glad to hear it. Been planning this/waiting for it for years now, can’t believe it’s actually happening. 

52 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

Might be better that you finish school altogether before taking the position and going into school car. I wouldn’t recommend splitting your time studying for your classes and school car unless you think you can juggle between the two. There’s a lot of info to absorb on top of all the signals and signs. 

I hear you. My plan is to take a semester off while I'm in school car and then take an online class or 2 at a time after I'm already finished with training. I would like to finish school just because I started it but I'm not gonna jeopardize that t/o salary. 

9 hours ago, acabral136 said:

I hear you. My plan is to take a semester off while I'm in school car and then take an online class or 2 at a time after I'm already finished with training. I would like to finish school just because I started it but I'm not gonna jeopardize that t/o salary. 

Plus there’s also tuition reimbursement if it’s applicable so that may come in handy. 

11 hours ago, aTrainHopeful said:

Hey did they mention anything about the August 13th class being filled up yet?

I didn’t hear anything about that sorry. They did say that once the list is established they are going to start back at the top of the list though.