ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, njbk said:

Also, on the green sheet that tells me where to report for school car it says no backpacks, is this true? Is it just for these 2 days, because I’m assuming I’m gonna need a backpack. 

I have the same question. I remember the interviewer saying to bring the bigger book on the second day. Not sure how we're expected to bring papers and books with nothing to put them in.

5 hours ago, njbk said:

Can anyone tell me what the deduction amount from their paycheck is for health insurance and what plan they have? 

5 hours ago, njbk said:

Also, on the green sheet that tells me where to report for school car it says no backpacks, is this true? Is it just for these 2 days, because I’m assuming I’m gonna need a backpack. 

5 hours ago, Gisnunnie said:

I have the same question. I remember the interviewer saying to bring the bigger book on the second day. Not sure how we're expected to bring papers and books with nothing to put them in.

They will give you all the benefits info your first week. You will have time to think about it since medical doesn’t kick in until 90 days afterwards. 

I brought nothing but the blue plastic folder and it’s contents on the first day especially the Appointment/Payroll Notice form that has all your info. You can bring a backpack if you want to carry your paperwork and pens. The no backpack/bags with wheels rule is when you’re in the yards. You will have to carry your bags by hand, nothing on your shoulders for your safety  

You will be getting more paperwork during your first week along with some equipment. Then when you go to PS 248 later in the week they will tell you to bring a bigger bag or extra bag to carry the rest of your equipment and training material that will be issued. Most folks used a gym/duffle bag. Other folks brought a big backpack. Some folks even bought a large Husky tool bag. Your bag WILL be heavy with all the books and equipment that has to be carried to school car everyday. Along with that bag I bring an insulated water bottle and a lunch bag so it’s a lot to carry. 

Edited by apokeguy

11 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

They will give you all the benefits info your first week. You will have time to think about it since medical doesn’t kick in until 90 days afterwards. 

I brought nothing but the blue plastic folder and it’s contents on the first day especially the Appointment/Payroll Notice form that has all your info. You can bring a backpack if you want to carry your paperwork and pens. The no backpack/bags with wheels rule is when you’re in the yards. You will have to carry your bags by hand, nothing on your shoulders for your safety  

You will be getting more paperwork during your first week along with some equipment. Then when you go to PS 248 they will tell you to bring a bigger bag or extra bag to carry the rest of your equipment and training material that will be issued. Most folks used a gym/duffle bag. Other folks brought a big backpack. Some folks even bought a large Husky tool bag. Your bag WILL be heavy with all the books and equipment that has to be carried to school car everyday. Along with that bag I bring an insulated water bottle and a lunch bag so it’s a lot to carry. 

Thanks so much man.

29 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

You will be getting more paperwork during your first week along with some equipment. Then when you go to PS 248 later in the week they will tell you to bring a bigger bag or extra bag to carry the rest of your equipment and training material that will be issued. Most folks used a gym/duffle bag. Other folks brought a big backpack. Some folks even bought a large Husky tool bag. Your bag WILL be heavy with all the books and equipment that has to be carried to school car everyday. Along with that bag I bring an insulated water bottle and a lunch bag so it’s a lot to carry. 

I see a lot of people using the husky bag for their tools (it can't have backpack straps). It's a lot of stuff (more if you're B division).

As for the benefits, they're pretty decent with what they offer with a minimum coming out of your check. 

I recommend supplemental insurance (aflac, etc.) as well. 

Good luck! 

2 minutes ago, DevilDog96 said:

I see a lot of people using the husky bag for their tools (it can't have backpack straps). It's a lot of stuff (more if you're B division).

As for the benefits, they're pretty decent with what they offer with a minimum coming out of your check. 

I recommend supplemental insurance (aflac, etc.) as well. 

Good luck! 

I have a good heavy duty backpack that has a strap on top to carry by hand, will i be able to use this?

Welp, got some bad news today. Called the call center, and they said they won't be activating the list this month after all. The lady said TA hopes to start sometime within the next two months, but wasn't sure they will. Just a head up.

Sucks cause we won't be made perm faster which means longer probationary period. However for me its slightly positive since I am 55x and so close to being emailed for medical. Establishing the list would mean them starting from the top which people can accept and might take longer to get to me. I'm just eager to start training Perm/Probationary or whatnot!

2 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Welp, got some bad news today. Called the call center, and they said they won't be activating the list this month after all. The lady said TA hopes to start sometime within the next two months, but wasn't sure they will. Just a head up.

When you say "activating the list" do you mean releasing the DCAS list and starting from the top again?
Or does this mean that they will not be reaching out to candidates anymore for this month?

Just now, Jay-Oh said:

I'm sorry, but I'm confused.
So they will not be reaching out to anymore people for PE from the list, but will continue to hire provisionally from the people whose PE they have already processed?

I apolgize. I think the confiusion is on my part. The lady told me they haven't officially released the list yet, but have called others provisionally .

Just now, MarkGuy said:

I apolgize. I think the confiusion is on my part. The lady told me they haven't officially released the list yet, but have called others provisionally . 

Ah, understood. Yeah, so the list still won't be released. But that's also good news for those of us who have gone through PE. Apparently, when they release the list, they start canvassing from the top all over again. If they do not release it this month, then those of us in the 450-700 range have a shot at getting called before they do.

1 minute ago, Jay-Oh said:

Ah, understood. Yeah, so the list still won't be released. But that's also good news for those of us who have gone through PE. Apparently, when they release the list, they start canvassing from the top all over again. If they do not release it this month, then those of us in the 450-700 range have a shot at getting called before they do.

Well, I havem't begun the PE process yet. Hence why I'm going to reinstate my other list no for another exam, to keep my options open.

On 7/26/2018 at 8:22 PM, apokeguy said:

If you haven’t heard or read... I don’t want to scare any potentials but I’m sure most of you know it may be a possibility while you’re operating... 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pix11.com/2018/07/26/1-dead-1-hospitalized-after-being-struck-by-train-in-brooklyn/amp/

It happens nothing can be done about somebody who decides to take their life put the train in the Hole and deal with aftermath..

Just follow procedures...

On 7/21/2018 at 1:51 PM, Jchambers2120 said:

As per my TSS yes you can switch divisions, but you must have enough seniority to pick a job in the other subdivision. There's also a possibility that you can be drafted into the other subvision if they're that short on people. You'll have to be qualified on the other subdivisions equipment and you will have to post on the lines. Jobs are picked every 6 months.

Someone with more experience can chime in more, but that's the basics of it.

That is basically what you said....

2 hours ago, RTOMan said:

It happens nothing can be done about somebody who decides to take their life put the train in the Hole and deal with aftermath..

Just follow procedures...

Yup that happened to my brother about a month or so on his train. Nothing he could do, the person had fainted.