ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

Can anyone tell me how good the union dental benefits are? There’s only one medical plan that has payroll deduction but it also comes with dental. I don’t wanna pay for that dental though if it’s the same as the union dental benefits. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/13/2018 at 4:45 PM, njbk said:

Can anyone tell me how good the union dental benefits are? There’s only one medical plan that has payroll deduction but it also comes with dental. I don’t wanna pay for that dental though if it’s the same as the union dental benefits. 

Ive yet to use my dental benefits (high plan), but I’m told they’re better than the base plan. 

The people being called off this list are still receiving provisional postions? How does that work if you’re already a MTA employee? I’ve already done my probation, and am in the early 2000s on this list. Does that mean I’ll be a permanent T/O if I choose to accept the position?

59 minutes ago, G13 said:

Ive yet to use my dental benefits (high plan), but I’m told they’re better than the base plan. 

The people being called off this list are still receiving provisional postions? How does that work if you’re already a MTA employee? I’ve already done my probation, and am in the early 2000s on this list. Does that mean I’ll be a permanent T/O if I choose to accept the position?

You would go back on probation under the new title.

1 hour ago, G13 said:

Everyone is hired as provisional so far off this list until it is certified, then they are changed over to permanent. Our provisional time counts towards our probationary period (its “temporary” hires that don’t). 

Hello, new to this forum, been following the past couple months, just wanted to thank everyone thats been posting and being very informative while we all go through this long process

List # is 7xx

Pre Employ 6/1/18

Didnt hear anything since

Been thinking about this everyday, more than ready to start this new journey, wish the process was a little faster, hopefully they don’t contact me next week, will be going away for a couple days, been trying to stay put in the city for the past 2 months but something came up, hopefully we get something before 9/1

7 minutes ago, itsmejones said:

Does anyone know if there will be a September class?

From what I gathered it seems like list numbers 500 and up haven't been called for medical yet.

Any ideas on why the long delay?

Did anyone's pre employment drug test expire?

I heard from an employee that school car runs year-round as long as there is still demand for the position. 

Im hoping to hear back from them by the end of this month since my drug test expires the 31st.

24 minutes ago, itsmejones said:

From what I gathered it seems like list numbers 500 and up haven't been called for medical yet.

My drug test expires on the 29th. 

24 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

I heard from an employee that school car runs year-round as long as there is still demand for the position. 

Im hoping to hear back from them by the end of this month since my drug test expires the 31st.

mine as well..

list number 6**

hoping I get the email soon.

3 hours ago, itsmejones said:

I was told by a TSS that there will be a class of 70 people for September 

30 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

Hopefully some Medical emails happen today for sept class.

This wait is draining 

Tell me about it brother. Like you, I’ve noticed that they generally send medical emails on fridays. So I generally don’t start staring expectantly at my phone until then and go about my business should nothing coming lol. The wait will make the moment that you pass the medical so much sweeter.

Here’s hoping they reach the upper 600’s in their next batch.

46 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Tell me about it brother. Like you, I’ve noticed that they generally send medical emails on fridays. So I generally don’t start staring expectantly at my phone until then and go about my business should nothing coming lol. The wait will make the moment that you pass the medical so much sweeter.

Here’s hoping they reach the upper 600’s in their next batch.

Exactly, I’m sitting at 67*.

Praying that we are in the next batch too bro.

sept would be sweet.

I am kicking myself for not scoring higher on the test. My lease is up for renewal on my apartment, but there's such a nice apartment available for rent for more money. If i was already making that mta money this would be such an easy decision to make. 

I had a conversation with a friend of mine who has been a TO for I think 4 years now. He explained to me the way overtime works and how much of it is actually available and oh man this is going to be life changing money. 

He told me he can always ask for ot when his shift is done and almost always gets it and that he can even work on one of his days off if he chooses for more ot. 

This job pays so much more than advertised. I'm even more impatient now than I was before. 

1 hour ago, acabral136 said:

I am kicking myself for not scoring higher on the test. My lease is up for renewal on my apartment, but there's such a nice apartment available for rent for more money. If i was already making that mta money this would be such an easy decision to make. 

I had a conversation with a friend of mine who has been a TO for I think 4 years now. He explained to me the way overtime works and how much of it is actually available and oh man this is going to be life changing money. 

He told me he can always ask for ot when his shift is done and almost always gets it and that he can even work on one of his days off if he chooses for more ot. 

This job pays so much more than advertised. I'm even more impatient now than I was before. 

Just have patience it's worth the wait. Just a heads up as a new hire you shouldn't be asking for OT especially since from what was told at orientation that you new T/O's off this list will have to start your probationary period over once the list is certified/established. If something happens on your RDO depending on the situation it will come back to bite you and can possibly get you terminated. There will be times where you will get forced OT for things like late clears and such, but don't jump out the gate with looking for OT. Learn your job and make it off of probation.