ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 hour ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Just have patience it's worth the wait. Just a heads up as a new hire you shouldn't be asking for OT especially since from what was told at orientation that you new T/O's off this list will have to start your probationary period over once the list is certified/established. If something happens on your RDO depending on the situation it will come back to bite you and can possibly get you terminated. There will be times where you will get forced OT for things like late clears and such, but don't jump out the gate with looking for OT. Learn your job and make it off of probation. 

Not true, provisional T/Os probationary period started on our first day. Confirmed by union and tss. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, njbk said:

Not true, provisional T/Os probationary period started on our first day. Confirmed by union and tss. 

Well we heard different from the union when we got hired last month. Union told us probation won’t start until the list is established.. I don’t know why we are getting two different answers in regards to this. Which is the right answer?

14 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Just have patience it's worth the wait. Just a heads up as a new hire you shouldn't be asking for OT especially since from what was told at orientation that you new T/O's off this list will have to start your probationary period over once the list is certified/established. If something happens on your RDO depending on the situation it will come back to bite you and can possibly get you terminated. There will be times where you will get forced OT for things like late clears and such, but don't jump out the gate with looking for OT. Learn your job and make it off of probation. 

Oh no doubt, he told me the same thing. He says don't go crazy at first while I'm still learning the job. But it's nice to have the option as soon as I'm comfortable. 

10 hours ago, Physcoles said:

Well we heard different from the union when we got hired last month. Union told us probation won’t start until the list is established.. I don’t know why we are getting two different answers in regards to this. Which is the right answer?

I and a few students asked at orientation and was confirmed by the HR folks speaking. Our probationary period will not begin until the DCAS list is established and we are switched from provisional to permanent status.  Also it is stated in the green sticky above. 

If our probationary period actually started on our induction date folks people who scored high probably would have not deferred. 

7 hours ago, apokeguy said:

I and a few students asked at orientation and was confirmed by the HR folks speaking. Our probationary period will not begin until the DCAS list is established and we are switched from provisional to permanent status.  Also it is stated in the green sticky above. 

If our probationary period actually started on our induction date folks people who scored high probably would have not deferred. 

Union and HR people told my induction class the exact opposite. 

Edited by njbk

28 minutes ago, TOHopeful2018 said:

Anyone in the 500s get called for their medical yet? List number in the low 500s. Took the drug test in May. Haven’t heard anything since.

Wow, they seem to be slowing down the process a bit.  A few months ago they were full speed with calling us for drug tests! I wonder what number they are up to now? My list # is in the 800's so if they do call it probably won't be this year. 

Update - Spoke to Ms. Vargas on the phone. At the moment they are only up to list number 440. That means that those of us that do not get emails before our lab expiration date will be scheduled to take the second lab. She did not specify if they are sending out emails today. Good news is that there are school car classes scheduled throughout the rest of the year at the moment, so even if those of us in the 600 - 700’s don’t make it into the September class, chances are we will get in before the end of the year. 

Let us see what the end of the day brings.

51 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Update - Spoke to Ms. Vargas on the phone. At the moment they are only up to list number 440. That means that those of us that do not get emails before our lab expiration date will be scheduled to take the second lab. She did not specify if they are sending out emails today. Good news is that there are school car classes scheduled throughout the rest of the year at the moment, so even if those of us in the 600 - 700’s don’t make it into the September class, chances are we will get in before the end of the year. 

Let us see what the end of the day brings.

how did you get her on the phone? every time i reached out her mailbox was full.

anyway thanks for the update fingers crossed

1 hour ago, itsmejones said:

how did you get her on the phone? every time i reached out her mailbox was full.

anyway thanks for the update fingers crossed

Persistence my friend. I called maybe 3 or 4 times within an hour.

I have no shame when it comes to financial progress.

1 hour ago, boomer815 said:

Hey Men, 

How do you find out what list # is being called currently? Rumor has it that guys are being called even though the list hasn't been established.

Thanks.

People (myself included) have called the HR rep in charge of hiring for TO’s and she has told me that the highest they’re up to is in the 440’s for medical emails.

At this point the September class having 70 people is  obviously false.

NYCTA  obviously met their needs with the earlier classes. To not have a single person here get called for a medical means this list will move slow as Molasses. 

Just gonna ignore the earlyer fast movement and get back to my life. 

Unbelievable how this paused all of a sudden. Smmfh. 

We all will have another drug test, stay clean brothers. 

6** and waiting like an idiot.

mayby next year I guess 😒

Edited by TO legacy

2 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

At this point the September class having 70 people is  obviously false.

NYCTA  obviously met their needs with the earlier classes. To not have a single person here get called for a medical means this list will move slow as Molasses. 

Just gonna ignore the earlyer fast movement and get back to my life. 

Unbelievable how this paused all of a sudden. Smmfh. 

We all will have another drug test, stay clean brothers. 

6** and waiting like an idiot.

mayby next year I guess 😒

Don’t despair my friend. I have heard of instances of people being called for medical and being scheduled for school car within days of each other. The earlier post about School car starting a class on Sept 3rd didn’t make sense since it’s Labor Day. However, I agree, expect nothing - go about our lives, and maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised soon.

15 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Don’t despair my friend. I have heard of instances of people being called for medical and being scheduled for school car within days of each other. The earlier post about School car starting a class on Sept 3rd didn’t make sense since it’s Labor Day. However, I agree, expect nothing - go about our lives, and maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised soon.

Fully agree brother. 

I cant lie tho, nobody being called is braking me down as this is the job I wanted all my life. 

But thhs process isn’t personal,so I need to let go of personal feelings. 

I’m just lost on why I took a piss test in late May, and here nothing in damn near September........

this process is so Inhumane.

im starting to understand that we are just a list number, not a person. 

On the job must be the same. 

My dad has been a TO for the last 32 years,he just  explained we are just bodies.

Prepare to be toyed with. 

I’m starting to understand what he ment, but it’s good job.  

So it’s worth it. 

Edited by TO legacy