ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 hour ago, TO legacy said:

Fully agree brother. 

I cant lie tho, nobody being called is braking me down as this is the job I wanted all my life. 

But thhs process isn’t personal,so I need to let go of personal feelings. 

I’m just lost on why I took a piss test in late May, and here nothing in damn near September........

this process is so Inhumane.

im starting to understand that we are just a list number, not a person. 

On the job must be the same. 

My dad has been a TO for the last 32 years,he just  explained we are just bodies.

Prepare to be toyed with. 

I’m starting to understand what he ment, but it’s good job.  

So it’s worth it. 

I understand the frustration. I'm going to have to take another day off that I can't afford to take just to spend another day over there taking the drug test again. 

I need the salary boost so I'm very eager to get started. All we can do is wait. My only fear is the list slowing down to the point that I don't get called until next summer. 

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

I understand the frustration. I'm going to have to take another day off that I can't afford to take just to spend another day over there taking the drug test again. 

I need the salary boost so I'm very eager to get started. All we can do is wait. My only fear is the list slowing down to the point that I don't get called until next summer. 

Yeah I’m a bit nervous that they met their needs already, but who knows. I doubt it since they were so active in sending out PE letters. My guess is that they’re bottlenecked by having only 1 class per month. There’s only so many people that can get into 1 class. We will see tomorrow if any emails get sent out. Maybe it’ll be lucky Friday for some. Even if we don’t get emailed, it’s still good news because that means that they’re still looking for TO’s.  My buddy was very clear that school car runs year round as long as there are enough open positions, and there has to be more than 440 positions open (not taking drop outs/fails/deferrals into account). Either way, hang tight brothers and sisters, we’ll get there eventually.

46 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Yeah I’m a bit nervous that they met their needs already, but who knows. I doubt it since they were so active in sending out PE letters. My guess is that they’re bottlenecked by having only 1 class per month. There’s only so many people that can get into 1 class. We will see tomorrow if any emails get sent out. Maybe it’ll be lucky Friday for some. Even if we don’t get emailed, it’s still good news because that means that they’re still looking for TO’s.  My buddy was very clear that school car runs year round as long as there are enough open positions, and there has to be more than 440 positions open (not taking drop outs/fails/deferrals into account). Either way, hang tight brothers and sisters, we’ll get there eventually.

We shall see. In any event, if you didn't score in the hundreds, you probably won't be getting a call this year, at this rate. 

If you never been to where they held the classes down in Bensonhurst brooklyn you have to understand that it’s many different positions going in for training in that very building more class rooms then teachers at some points. But take in mind that a class a month makes sense so as those classes near completion it’ll start to become a back to back kind of thing. 

Where one class done this month 70 go in the next another 70 right now they probably don’t even have enough TSS to train people. 

And i don’t know about yall but i want to be in a class where the TSS can actually help if you need the extra attention. Not feel overwhelmed or take from any other student trying to gasp a particular subject. 

18 minutes ago, Frankdatank said:

It states for my 2nd lab took my first back in May 30th 

My first lab was May 31st. 

Guess I will be getting that email soon too.

atleast they are planning something, thank god

hope they do the medical the same day, I can’t keep taking days off like that.  This process will get you fired 

Edited by TO legacy

13 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

My first lab was May 31st. 

Guess I will be getting that email soon too.

atleast they are planning something, thank god

hope they do the medical the same day, I can’t keep taking days off like that.  This process will get you fired 

Agreed, that’s why I asked if it said 2nd lab and medical, but he said it only said 2nd lab. 

Hopefully they do both. 

Edited by Djx

5 hours ago, Djx said:

Agreed, that’s why I asked if it said 2nd lab and medical, but he said it only said 2nd lab. 

Hopefully they do both. 

Doubt they will do medical the same day as drug test. If people fail the drug test they are out of the process. They won't waste time doing a medical on someone without the drug results first as least it doesnt make logical sense.  Considering they lock your urine samples up you have to figure at least 24 hours to get results back especially since existing employee random tests get priority. The fact that they are being proactive after recertifing peoples drug tests is a good sign though. It means they must want to start a new round of medicals soon and probably want enough candidates to process in case anyone gets put on medical holds.

Wanted to ask in this area, for those who applied for multiple positions in the MTA or know someone in other fields.

I got called to an open house for conductor assistant for the LIRR this month. Would you consider the position better than 7604’s operator position? We all know the pay for LIRR is higher but the overall job security and longevity is what I’m aiming for since i have a family where I’m financially responsible to provide for. I just wanted folks .02 to see what you guys would do since I’ve had no experience in the transit/lirr field. 

My list number for 7604 is 11xx so I prob won’t get called until late next year seeing how slow it’s gotten. Folks I’ve asked said people leave transit to join LIRR? Wanted to see how true that statement was. From what I’ve gathered being with LIRR as assistant, you have a mandatory promotion where you have to pass an exam to move onto a conductor and lose the “assistant” title after 2/3 yrs no questions asked you must pass or you’re out. Pay tops off at $41.xx after 8th 365 days served and of course there will be OT and job selection perks when you gain some seniority. 

Edited by MTAHopeful813

If you have no preference then the assistant conductor is probably the way to go. As a T/O in school car you have to pass certain tests with 100 or your out like you have to pass the conductor test at LIRR and your out. Put if your confident you can become a T/O then the you should be fine as a LIRR conductor. However if operating is something that you really want to do then holding out for T/O might be the best bet as the training for Locomotive Engineer for the rails can take up to 2 years training alone.

20 minutes ago, Boronic said:

I've been playing catch up with this thread over the last few days and pretty much read the entire thing.  

You guys have to keep in mind that the list has not yet been published and for some reason that is concerning me.  

It hasn't been officially published because they have made a mistake with grading one of the sessions once they have that fixed the list will be established

28 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

It hasn't been officially published because they have made a mistake with grading one of the sessions once they have that fixed the list will be established

I read that.  It may affect scores. 

Don't know if I trust the agency and the TWU. 

Them hiring provisional gives them a lot of flexibility. 

I went 5/31 and got emailed for a second lab thursday list 55x. It might be that they are finally slowing down and evening out the list and preempolyment. Most likely if they don't plan on hiring you in the near future you won't get a notice for a lab. Another note, the email I got for second lab says permanent position not provisional like the letter I got in the mail. They may be moving closer to finalizing the list.