ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

10 minutes ago, Gisnunnie said:

Prepare to give up most of your personal life over the next couple months. If you have access to the signals start studying them. You must know them word for word. 100% is required on both signal tests. Get used to not using your cell phone at all unless on a break. A lot of current vacancies we are filling are from cell phone and smart watch users while operating. 0 tolerance for that.

A lot you us talked about the money T/Os make, there's a reason for that. Take the job seriously and you need to put in work in the beginning. It will pay off when get off probation in a year. Car school is more like booth camp than anything else.

As a man with a wife and toddler that's the part that I'm not looking forward to. Still, my wife understands sacrifices have to be made by me on their behalf. When my daughter graduates from her private schools and goes off to a good college that I will be able to pay for, she will thank me. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

As a man with a wife and toddler that's the part that I'm not looking forward to. Still, my wife understands sacrifices have to be made by me on their behalf. When my daughter graduates from her private schools and goes off to a good college that I will be able to pay for, she will thank me. 

And you will be able to do that on a T/O salary!!! Unfortunately you may miss some of your toddlers special occasions because of our schedule. It is a sacrifice...

Well one of you will be able to get in the sept 24th class. Got my email for medical wednesday the 12th. I'm gonna go so I can get everything out the way and be set but defer to october. Just not enough time it looks like to notify my current employer to cash out my PTO which I will need for the transition. 220 hours is nothing for me to fool around with...

3 hours ago, Imhim said:

Hopefully you get called for the 24th class, if not October will be here sooner than you think! Before I got called for the 2nd lab someone stated they were up to number 440 for classes. My list number is 5xx so I figured 70 ppl each class, I would either make a September class or October. When I went in, one of the HR employees told me look out for the next email and the next class would be the 24th. Anything can happen in front of you! 

Great point. 

Outstanding.  I’m actually praying for that.  

I’m very unhappy and have to shut my mouth and deal at my current employer. 

Being a T/o will be a major upgrade for my family 

28 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

Great point. 

Outstanding.  I’m actually praying for that.  

I’m very unhappy and have to shut my mouth and deal at my current employer. 

Being a T/o will be a major upgrade for my family 

Tell me about it brother. Can’t wait to move on. 

21 hours ago, Gisnunnie said:

Prepare to give up most of your personal life over the next couple months. If you have access to the signals start studying them. You must know them word for word. 100% is required on both signal tests. Get used to not using your cell phone at all unless on a break. A lot of current vacancies we are filling are from cell phone and smart watch users while operating. 0 tolerance for that.

A lot you us talked about the money T/Os make, there's a reason for that. Take the job seriously and you need to put in work in the beginning. It will pay off when get off probation in a year. Car school is more like booth camp than anything else.

Yes study those signals and get them down verbatim. Some signals if you mistakenly change one word or leave one word out it will change the entire definition of the signal ( for example saying “for the” when it should be “for a” or saying “to clear” when it should be “to be clear”).  As long as you put in a few hours a day you guys should have no worries. But remember to not just study one thing. Split up your study time between signals, the induction book, your notes and the rule book. Write out the signal definitions, don’t just read them (I typed them out on the computer). 

Also always listen to your instructors... even if they mention something in a casual conversation, write it down or make a mental note cause it may be important and might just show up on the quizzes.  

45 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

Yes study those signals and get them down verbatim. Some signals if you mistakenly change one word or leave one word out it will change the entire definition of the signal ( for example saying “for the” when it should be “for a” or saying “to clear” when it should be “to be clear”).  As long as you put in a few hours a day you guys should have no worries. But remember to not just study one thing. Split up your study time between signals, the induction book, your notes and the rule book. Write out the signal definitions, don’t just read them (I typed them out on the computer). 

Also always listen to your instructors... even if they mention something in a casual conversation, write it down or make a mental note cause it may be important and might just show up on the quizzes.  

APPRECIATED 

Man today was crazy, literally left there past 4, but passed medical and got sworn in, officially start the 24th. There were 2 ppl who I observed myself get placed on medical hold! And I heard 2 of the HR ppl saying this week is going to be busy because they are calling in for medicals all week! I’m about to bury myself in this book until then!!! Good luck to everyone else still waiting on the call!!! 

11 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Man today was crazy, literally left there past 4, but passed medical and got sworn in, officially start the 24th. There were 2 ppl who I observed myself get placed on medical hold! And I heard 2 of the HR ppl saying this week is going to be busy because they are calling in for medicals all week! I’m about to bury myself in this book until then!!! Good luck to everyone else still waiting on the call!!! 

What’s your list number I’m going in tomorrow for second lab and need to be back st work ASAP 

10 minutes ago, JoseL1992 said:

What’s your list number I’m going in tomorrow for second lab and need to be back st work ASAP 

5xx low yeah get there early man, when I went for second medical I was in and out, but there wasn’t a lot of others there! I think people will be doing medicals, there were also B/Os there today and you got the random MTA drug tests coming in that you gotta account for as well. If you in the first 10 people there you should be good. 

39 minutes ago, Imhim said:

5xx low yeah get there early man, when I went for second medical I was in and out, but there wasn’t a lot of others there! I think people will be doing medicals, there were also B/Os there today and you got the random MTA drug tests coming in that you gotta account for as well. If you in the first 10 people there you should be good. 

Got it thanks 

12 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

I'm going on medical hold anyway, didn't know I had to have THEIR form filled out for my diabetes...Sucks, I live in Medford...

Sorry to hear that Medford, any idea whether you can clear that hold quickly by getting their paperwork filled out by the doctor?

30 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Sorry to hear that Medford, any idea whether you can clear that hold quickly by getting their paperwork filled out by the doctor?

Like I can get my PA to fill it out but my doctor is in lake grove no way I can make it from Brooklyn to ronkonkama to lake grove back to ronkonkama then back to Brooklyn before the day is out

Just now, LIRRMedford said:

Like I can get my PA to fill it out but my doctor is in lake grove no way I can make it from Brooklyn to ronkonkama to lake grove back to ronkonkama then back to Brooklyn before the day is out

I bought in a letter stating what my A1C is as well they said it's no good,the letter...

Edited by LIRRMedford

Justt curious... im list number 11xx. Do i have a realistic shot at getting called at all? I understand that list has not been established yet but from my understanding they are currently calling people for drug tests. Is this true and also if so appropriately what are they up to?

12 minutes ago, Mikeyjean said:

Justt curious... im list number 11xx. Do i have a realistic shot at getting called at all? I understand that list has not been established yet but from my understanding they are currently calling people for drug tests. Is this true and also if so appropriately what are they up to?

Yea man of course. I'm number 86x and I already took a drug test. U aren't that far after me. 

23 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Yea man of course. I'm number 86x and I already took a drug test. U aren't that far after me. 

Really thats awesome, congratulations. so there has already been some form of progression on the list. About how long ago was this? Think i could receive a letter or an email this year?