ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/13/2018 at 1:35 PM, Frankdatank said:

Went in for medical yesterday everything went great passed an got sworn in. Start on the 24th. Question for you guys who started school for your first few days dress code states boots, long dark pants an grey collar shirt. Did you guys by some dicky pants An a grey polo shirt? Just trying to figure out on what to buy for the 24th

As long as the Dickies pants follow the guidelines:

”In addition, when the initial allotment or replacement uniform components are not readily available, employees must wear garments that are indistinguishable from the NYCT-issued uniform garments (examples of garments not permitted to be worn include but are not limited to cargo pants, carpenter pants, pants with cell phone or multi use pockets, tactical pants and paramedic/police pants).” 

Dont invest in any polos. You might get away with wearing it during the first week of orientation but once you start schoolcar stick with the button down collared shirts. 

50 minutes ago, Djx said:

Anyone else get called for medical after doing the 2nd lab?

Several people did. It seems they’re up to the 620’s/630’s. I believe that anybody from 630 - 710’s should be getting emailed for October class. Unless they pull that thing where they have you do medical the Friday before the start date. Sept class start date is next Monday. Good luck to all the brothers and sisters starting school car soon!

9 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Several people did. It seems they’re up to the 620’s/630’s. I believe that anybody from 630 - 710’s should be getting emailed for October class. Unless they pull that thing where they have you do medical the Friday before the start date. Sept class start date is next Monday. Good luck to all the brothers and sisters starting school car soon!

I went for my 2nd lab last Tuesday, just waiting for my med email. Hopefully I’ll be in for October. 

Edited by Djx

25 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

I’m praying for that phone call.

im 63*

Guy with a list number 2 before me is in the sept class.  

I’d love to start next week I sware. 

But oct wouldn’t be the worst thing in the word. 

Good luck and congratulations to all reporting Monday. 

56 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

I’m praying for that phone call.

im 63*

Guy with a list number 2 before me is in the sept class.  

I’d love to start next week I sware. 

But oct wouldn’t be the worst thing in the word. 

Good luck and congratulations to all reporting Monday. 

Oct definitely wouldn’t be bad. I’d be okay starting next week too, but I don’t mind some time to prepare myself. If my guess is right, we’ll be in the same class!

I was there today to lift my medical hold and defer to the next class. The recruiter said that they do plan to have a class every month for the rest of the year they just don't have a set date yet. She also said they are sporadically emailing people for the Sept 24th class cause it is the last Provisional class and they were told do what ever they have to in order to fill it. There are still 20 some odd spots open from what I was told. Building on to that she also told me that they are def making the list perm next month and all provisional employees will be switched over.

33 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

I was there today to lift my medical hold and defer to the next class. The recruiter said that they do plan to have a class every month for the rest of the year they just don't have a set date yet. She also said they are sporadically emailing people for the Sept 24th class cause it is the last Provisional class and they were told do what ever they have to in order to fill it. There are still 20 some odd spots open from what I was told. Building on to that she also told me that they are def making the list perm next month and all provisional employees will be switched over.

Good news. 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, LIRRMedford said:

Once they make the list permanent they have to start calling folks from the top of the list again, correct?

47 minutes ago, TOHopeful2018 said:

Hey everyone. Can someone explain what being a provisional appointee means? I know our probationary period doesn’t start until we’re permanent but while we wait for that what does being provisional mean for us in the meantime? Good luck to everyone that’s starting Monday.

Incorrect, probation starts right away even when provisional 

2 hours ago, Djx said:

Once they make the list permanent they have to start calling folks from the top of the list again, correct?

Right but she said I had to take into account that they have already hired just about half my list number, I'm 55X so its a strong chance I'll be offered the first month when the list is made perm.

10 hours ago, Budryan2504 said:

Incorrect, probation starts right away even when provisional 

I called them yesterday. The lady told me probation starts when you’re no longer provisional. Also, she said after they officially establish the list, you don’t become permanent until they reach your list number.

6 hours ago, TOHopeful2018 said:

I called them yesterday. The lady told me probation starts when you’re no longer provisional. Also, she said after they officially establish the list, you don’t become permanent until they reach your list number.

I am currently a provisional employee, probation is one year from induction date, union hall confirmed l during induction week 

10 minutes ago, BrookylnBorn said:

Can someone explain ‘Once the list is established they will start from the top’? I know its pretty self-explanatory but if they are starting ppl off for school car from the top of the list what are they exactly starting over for?

My list # is 7xx

There may have been people at the top of the list who chose to defer starting until later whether for vacations, work, or possibly to wait for the list to be established because they didn't want to start as provisionary. Some people were also put on medical holds that they possibly couldn't clear until recently. Different reasons for them starting from the top.

On 9/10/2018 at 6:27 PM, Gisnunnie said:

Prepare to give up most of your personal life over the next couple months. If you have access to the signals start studying them. You must know them word for word. 100% is required on both signal tests. Get used to not using your cell phone at all unless on a break. A lot of current vacancies we are filling are from cell phone and smart watch users while operating. 0 tolerance for that.

A lot you us talked about the money T/Os make, there's a reason for that. Take the job seriously and you need to put in work in the beginning. It will pay off when get off probation in a year. Car school is more like booth camp than anything else.

Actually Coolcar is a very Set Schedule...

They give it to you so you have a idea what and where you going...

Even With Posting you get a Schedule..

Weekends off Mostly..

Until the Yard Extra insanity starts..

Then they play games, changing tours days off and the Like, it kinda gets you ready for that extra extra life...

That's when the real FUN BEGINS....