ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mtahopeful2287 said:

I wonder how long is the list going to be anyone know?

The list hasn’t been made official yet to the public so it could end up being like the last MTA conductor exam which took years to become public then they ended up calling back 1000’s. So it’s really no telling how long. Then on top of that they could extend it even pass the minimal 4 years as well. 

28 minutes ago, Jblack9727 said:

My list # is 150*

Has anyone close to that # been contacted?? Ive been patiently waiting but the way this is set up - triggers my anxiety! Even if they just start process id be satisfied....any clue to around what # on list they are up to?

I know it’s easier said than done, you have to be patient. I was feeling the same way, at my current job that I hated, but they will call! You have to scroll through the thread and see what number one of the members mentioned they are that has been called. I start Monday the 24th and I’m 51x. Someone stated there are 20 open spots left for that class, so they should be well into 600s by now.

22 hours ago, Imhim said:

I know it’s easier said than done, you have to be patient. I was feeling the same way, at my current job that I hated, but they will call! You have to scroll through the thread and see what number one of the members mentioned they are that has been called. I start Monday the 24th and I’m 51x. Someone stated there are 20 open spots left for that class, so they should be well into 600s by now.

Appreciate it cuz this stuff right here....CRAZY!!!

On 9/17/2018 at 4:23 PM, TO legacy said:

I’m praying for that phone call.

im 63*

Guy with a list number 2 before me is in the sept class.  

I’d love to start next week I sware. 

But oct wouldn’t be the worst thing in the word. 

Good luck and congratulations to all reporting Monday. 

Hey, out of curiosity,  have you heard anything new yet? List number 66* here 

56 minutes ago, MrMe76 said:

If there were any new developments, I guarantee you that this thread would be much more active.

From my understanding - we are waiting to see if the list is going to be finalized and if they’re going to start from the top of the list again for permanent positions versus provisional. If that’s the case, we may have to wait longer than the anticipated month for list progression past 630’s. However, there’s also the chance that the list will progress per usual and 630-700’s get called for the October class.

That’s just my assessment.

Edited by Jay-Oh

9 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

If there were any new developments, I guarantee you that this thread would be much more active.

From my understanding - we are waiting to see if the list is going to be finalized and if they’re going to start from the top of the list again for permanent positions versus provisional. If that’s the case, we may have to wait longer than the anticipated month for list progression past 630’s. However, there’s also the chance that the list will progress per usual and 630-700’s get called for the October class.

That’s just my assessment.

What makes this very interesting is MTA projected this list would be finalize i believe in july / august. We’re days away from October all that tells me is MTA may have met there needs as far as T/O is concern especially with the “L” soon to be shut down. They gonna have a lot of operators to spread thru out the system. Don’t surprise if a few years go by before you hear any info. Just my opinion of course. 

Some advice don’t wait around for them to call if you really wanna work for the company get in any way. Because once your in you can move around the company as you see fit!

4 minutes ago, DrewMania said:

What makes this very interesting is MTA projected this list would be finalize i believe in july / august. We’re days away from October all that tells me is MTA may have met there needs as far as T/O is concern especially with the “L” soon to be shut down. They gonna have a lot of operators to spread thru out the system. Don’t surprise if a few years go by before you hear any info. Just my opinion of course. 

Some advice don’t wait around for them to call if you really wanna work for the company get in any way. Because once your in you can move around the company as you see fit!

Nope, people are retiring on a regular basis and in bunches. As for the list and such being finished when they told folks it would be, welcome to Transit. Things get done when they get done down here. They are constantly calling for OT and they started a new class of TSS’s, so that’s more room. It’s just the transit way. Stay patient and by all means get in when and however you can. It’ll come along, slowly and surely. Oct will be a big retiring boom, people want to get there 5weeks vacation and leave off that. It’s moving along and you’ll be down here before you know it.

I just called today... they told me list has been officially established as of last week. Also that they are starting from number zero. Seriously? This can't be accurate information. Told them that i understand that they have been calling people for medical and some have began school car and she told me that she can't confirm or deny this. Anyone have any idea what to make of this? Any input is appreciated.

3 hours ago, MrMe76 said:

I heard nothing after my second lab....

Every time my email alert goes off, I look up to god hoping.

i just read the post that the list is established and they start from zero again🤔

what does that mean? Didn’t they process them already?

most are already on payroll, I’m lost on that one. They have to come back and do another PE?

8 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

I heard nothing after my second lab....

Every time my email alert goes off, I look up to god hoping.

i just read the post that the list is established and they start from zero again🤔

what does that mean? Didn’t they process them already?

most are already on payroll, I’m lost on that one. They have to come back and do another PE?

They start over for the people who may have deferred, not the ones already in school car. 

3 hours ago, Gherigfan1 said:

Nope, people are retiring on a regular basis and in bunches. As for the list and such being finished when they told folks it would be, welcome to Transit. Things get done when they get done down here. They are constantly calling for OT and they started a new class of TSS’s, so that’s more room. It’s just the transit way. Stay patient and by all means get in when and however you can. It’ll come along, slowly and surely. Oct will be a big retiring boom, people want to get there 5weeks vacation and leave off that. It’s moving along and you’ll be down here before you know it.

To add, I’ve heard a couple of promotional’s (I.E B/O to T/O), are going back to where they were before. Many don’t like it and many don’t want to lose their seniority. So you never really know when they will call you. Everyone going back and forth

2 hours ago, tvega961 said:

To add, I’ve heard a couple of promotional’s (I.E B/O to T/O), are going back to where they were before. Many don’t like it and many don’t want to lose their seniority. So you never really know when they will call you. Everyone going back and forth

Yeah there were 2 ppl who left my class that started Monday, so you never know, again just have to be patient, they will call! Now the list is established check for your new list numbers and good luck to you all!

1 minute ago, Imhim said:

Yeah there were 2 ppl who left my class that started Monday, so you never know, again just have to be patient, they will call! Now the list is established check for your new list numbers and good luck to you all!

Wow, already!! Were they already MTA employees?