ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

30 minutes ago, JoseL1992 said:

Just so you know smart ass I have posted 0 questions here 

I do read, I have and know all the info I need

I have alerts just like you but I’m not bi%@$ and whining about people asking “dumb questions”

In all for helping people and will answer a question 100 times if I have to

If this annoys your go create your own damm forum and get out of here

I responded for those that are asking questions 

Dont let this fool scare y’all into asking anything and we not going to continue this back and forth so don’t event waste your time 

If you look back a few post, “YOU” introduced the disrespect by stating f**k OFF.

When nobody was talking directly to you. 

So please kill this victim non sense. 

I know your not going to do it because reading is for some reason a problem for you.  But at least this time you won’t have to even go back a page. 🤔😒😒😒

watch your mouth and you won’t get checked. 

I would of quoted you if I was talking to you, that’s what that button is for. Smmfh. 

Edited by TO legacy

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TO legacy said:

Can’t wait until this forum gets back to people actually getting called, and not this worthless chit chat.  

These alerts lately have been killing me with worthless information. 

My list number is 66*, why ask a common board member when you might get called like the would even have a clue?

stop with the dumb questions. 

Save this board for actual medical calls and drug test emails. 

The reason people ask questions is because there are 80+ pages to wade through. There's no need to get rude and insult people. This post is about the TO exam 7604 and all questions pertaining to it and the hiring process. 

Currently in school car now. Overheard TSS's say there will be no October class but that afterwards there will be a new TO class every month after that. If that is indeed the case people should be getting called for medicals soon. Because the list was just established they will be calling people from the top of the list. Keep in mind everyone already in school car will be skipped. Anyone who failed the drug test will be skipped. Anyone who gets on medical hold will be skipped. So just relax. They will right back to where they left off before the list was established within a month or two. At the end of the day people are getting bent out of shape when they started calling from this list way earlier than anticipated. These tests are supposed to be taken and forgotten about.  I took two drug tests and cleared a lengthy medical hold so I know the headaches of getting called then waiting. It will come when it comes.

That being said passing school car is going to require a good amount of teamwork as well. There will be times that the same questions will be asked numerous times. If you can't learn to respect each other and help out when you can school car is going to be that much more difficult. 

This is coming from someone who doesnt need to be in this forum anymore but doesn't have any problems seeing alerts if i can help people out. Keep that in mind. The attitude you give is the attitude that people will use when considering whether to help you out.

6 minutes ago, aTrainHopeful said:

The reason people ask questions is because there are 80+ pages to wade through. There's no need to get rude and insult people. This post is about the TO exam 7604 and all questions pertaining to it and the hiring process. 

Currently in school car now. Overheard TSS's say there will be no October class but that afterwards there will be a new TO class every month after that. If that is indeed the case people should be getting called for medicals soon. Because the list was just established they will be calling people from the top of the list. Keep in mind everyone already in school car will be skipped. Anyone who failed the drug test will be skipped. Anyone who gets on medical hold will be skipped. So just relax. They will right back to where they left off before the list was established within a month or two. At the end of the day people are getting bent out of shape when they started calling from this list way earlier than anticipated. These tests are supposed to be taken and forgotten about.  I took two drug tests and cleared a lengthy medical hold so I know the headaches of getting called then waiting. It will come when it comes.

That being said passing school car is going to require a good amount of teamwork as well. There will be times that the same questions will be asked numerous times. If you can't learn to respect each other and help out when you can school car is going to be that much more difficult. 

This is coming from someone who doesnt need to be in this forum anymore but doesn't have any problems seeing alerts if i can help people out. Keep that in mind. The attitude you give is the attitude that people will use when considering whether to help you out.

Now that’s a productive post. 

I get what your saying, this process is stressful. My father is a dispatcher and cousin a tss, so I get the hint no October class. 

Kinda just got tired of the repetitive questions when I was willing to ready from page one to get answers. 

But your right,we all are different and lead and hold ourselves to different standards. 

Much success in school car and that you for your post bro

9 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

I hope they start calling people soon. This would put my small family in a good position. 

Man I do the math whenever I'm bored at work. This job would mean an extra 2000+ of income every month for my wife and I. Plus what we would save on health insurance since she's paying 500 a month out of her check for a family plan and I just found out mta has an Aetna family plan for like 30 bucks from each paycheck. I'm just patiently waiting for this life changing opportunity. 

Edited by acabral136

10 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Man I do the math whenever I'm bored at work. This job would mean an extra 2000+ of income every month for my wife and I. Plus what we would save on health insurance since she's paying 500 a month out of her check for a family plan and I just found out mta has an Aetna family plan for like 30 bucks from each paycheck. I'm just patiently waiting for this life changing opportunity. 

Tell me about it bro. I’m just sitting here with my thumb in my ass waiting for the call. Everything gets better for me when they do call.

16 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Yea im think of all the saving i can do and things i can get fixed and types if accts need to be put in place with this job all we can do is wait idont have the best list number but 15xx may be closer to getting called than i may think is what i tell myself

Just now, Nexdup said:

Yea im think of all the saving i can do and things i can get fixed and types if accts need to be put in place with this job all we can do is wait idont have the best list number but 15xx may be closer to getting called than i may think is what i tell myself

Don't worry man the good news is u will eventually be called. I took the test with a friend who really really wanted the job, but he did terrible and most likely will never be called. His list number is in the 7000s. 

If you can’t have patience now, then this job is NOT for you all together...

We are all here to ask as many questions as possible so that we don’t have to worry and have hope for one another. If you are impatient and bitchy about this whole ideal then this job is not for you and go find something else. 

1 hour ago, tvega961 said:

We are all here to ask as many questions as possible so that we don’t have to worry and have hope for one another. If you are impatient and bitchy about this whole ideal then this job is not for you and go find something else. 

Ignored

2 hours ago, acabral136 said:

Don't worry man the good news is u will eventually be called. I took the test with a friend who really really wanted the job, but he did terrible and most likely will never be called. His list number is in the 7000s. 

Last exam they made it into the 8000s from the thread i read so your friend may stll have a shot

12 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

Ignored

Smart response NEXDUP.

As some of us understand the self accountability that comes with this job. 

Nobody else is gonna help you when you need to drop to restricted speed at an interlocking. 

This isn’t a hold hands job, lives depend on YOU AND YOU ONLY. 

God bless all on this list. 

2 hours ago, tvega961 said:

This job is exactly for that type individual. 

The type that don’t need to make a radio call about if they are going to Dyer ave or 238st

the type that know if parsons/archer or 179st is they destination 

the type that realize if the rockaway bridge is open or should we shut it down at broad channel. 

This is a high accountability job.

Just ask Robert Ray after the 14st accident. 

Really one self education, not anybody holding your bootstraps on what you should be doing as a professional in the first place. 

This is dead serious. 

You better be a self knowledge professional, NYC depends on you. 

Edited by TO legacy

I just got to say that this is an opportune time to get in. I’m yard posting right now and a lot of TOs that I have been posting with have 25-30+ years and will be retiring soon. A lot of them are good guys but of course there are some “bad apples” in the bunch.  

17 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

This job is exactly for that type individual. 

The type that don’t need to make a radio call about if they are going to Dyer ave or 238st

the type that know if parsons/archer or 179st is they destination 

the type that realize if the rockaway bridge is open or should we shut it down at broad channel. 

This is a high accountability job.

Just ask Robert Ray after the 14st accident. 

Really one self education, not anybody holding your bootstraps on what you should be doing as a professional in the first place. 

This is dead serious. 

You better be a self knowledge professional, NYC depends on you. 

No offense, but you have no clue what this job is about until you’ve worked the job. Just cause you have family down here doesn’t mean they know what they are doing. I’ve met plenty of TD’s and TSS’s that think they know what’s what and then they get a hard check and have no clue. You get a wrong lineup and think you know you are going to one place and they’ve changed it all together, which they can do and you will be writing. Not asking questions have gotten many people platform and termination. Just a suggestion, don’t run with that I know what the job entails and what’s expected of us into school car or even on the road. New jacks like that get the cold shoulder and folks would rather walk away then hear, oh I know that cause my this or that. Don’t take this as an insult by any means. This is just a heads up. Working on 6 years here and this job changes everyday. Not my job itself, but the whole damn thing. Get used to asking questions, cause we all didn’t know shit when we were thrown to the wolves. School car doesn’t end, we are always learning and the only way we learn is to ask questions. Good luck, brother. I hope to see you down the road soon.

48 minutes ago, Gherigfan1 said:

No offense, but you have no clue what this job is about until you’ve worked the job. Just cause you have family down here doesn’t mean they know what they are doing. I’ve met plenty of TD’s and TSS’s that think they know what’s what and then they get a hard check and have no clue. You get a wrong lineup and think you know you are going to one place and they’ve changed it all together, which they can do and you will be writing. Not asking questions have gotten many people platform and termination. Just a suggestion, don’t run with that I know what the job entails and what’s expected of us into school car or even on the road. New jacks like that get the cold shoulder and folks would rather walk away then hear, oh I know that cause my this or that. Don’t take this as an insult by any means. This is just a heads up. Working on 6 years here and this job changes everyday. Not my job itself, but the whole damn thing. Get used to asking questions, cause we all didn’t know shit when we were thrown to the wolves. School car doesn’t end, we are always learning and the only way we learn is to ask questions. Good luck, brother. I hope to see you down the road soon.

Outstanding post and I fully respect and understand that. 

Thank you.  

My family isn’t gonna get me any advantage on any probation period. 

Tss’es could care less about my father. 

Great post. 

Good luck and safe trips brother. 

3 hours ago, apokeguy said:

I just got to say that this is an opportune time to get in. I’m yard posting right now and a lot of TOs that I have been posting with have 25-30+ years and will be retiring soon. A lot of them are good guys but of course there are some “bad apples” in the bunch.  

Are you getting to do a good amount of moves? Learning a lot? I start soon and am pretty excited about it. 

On 10/14/2018 at 2:09 PM, TO legacy said:

If you actually read the prior post you’ll already have any information you need. 

How many times can one ask what’s 180 Livingston phone number?

what list number are the up too?

is the list established? 

Reading is fundamental, how the hell are you gonna get passed school car or off probation is your afraid too fuc**** read. 

I dont give a shit how much your post jack ass, read the damn forum. 

Then post. 

It’s  that damn simple. 

READ...........

What the hell are you not understanding???????

is that a hard request, explain why that’s too much for you? 

I get what you're saying about noisy chit chat (trust me, sometimes people just need to PM each other) and information that is already there and people just either need to read through every page or use the search function.  Do I get tired of seeing useless (repeated) info? Yes. Do I blow up and rant about it? No. There will always be people who won't read (either lazy or just don't care, which might be indicative on their attitude to being successfully hired) and there will always be people who do spend the time digging through everything (me). But guess what, you're on the internet, anything goes whether you like it or not. Forums are just that, double edged swords, helpful or annoying.

Yea I do see the same common questions which sometimes can be totally irrelevant as well. However, there are also some unique questions and answers that are helpful to know. 

I also don't think you have the right attitude, but that's just my opinion. You're like the perfect bait for umadbro?

cmon bruh

10 hours ago, 2nice said:

A yoooo

LMAOOO I thought I was the only one who peeped, that was hilarious!!! All jokes aside before I joined this forum I was stalking this thing from page 1, even when there were two threads and admin merged them, lol, but again patience is key! They will call you, I wasn’t expecting a call 3 years minimum honestly but with all the T/Os retiring they are calling rapidly. In school car, ASK QUESTIONS! It’s a lot of information being thrown at you, but move at your pace, make it a good one, but make sure if you don’t get something you make the TSS go over it again! They are there to help and want to help! Good luck to everyone else in here in school car and good luck to all you future T/Os hope you get that call soon! 

19 hours ago, njbk said:

Are you getting to do a good amount of moves? Learning a lot? I start soon and am pretty excited about it. 

Depends on the tour you’re working, the workload that day in the yard and the TO that you’re partnered up with. Some days you can get a good amount of moves, some days you may one do one or two. I know this has been said before but just take as many notes as you can and ask questions. If you’re not familiar or unsure do not hesitate to ask the dispatcher or another TO.