ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

2 hours ago, kev2112 said:

A question for any current T/O's. List# 17xx here. I'm hoping to be called by the end of 2019. Are there any books or any other resources I could use to read/study in advance of getting called?  Very much appreciate anyone's help. 

No, they will give you everything you need in school car.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Gherigfan1 said:

No, they will give you everything you need in school car.

Agreed. You’ll get the rule book after you take your oath so you can get a head start from there but all the other books you’ll get from school car. Cause if you start reading material from other resources they may not be 100% accurate or up to date. Even the signal guide that is issued to you in school car there are some discrepancies but the rule book is “absolute”. 

5 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

Agreed. You’ll get the rule book after you take your oath so you can get a head start from there but all the other books you’ll get from school car. Cause if you start reading material from other resources they may not be 100% accurate or up to date. Even the signal guide that is issued to you in school car there are some discrepancies but the rule book is “absolute”. 

Many thanks. Looking forward to joining the ranks soon.

On 10/15/2018 at 2:06 PM, apokeguy said:

I just got to say that this is an opportune time to get in. I’m yard posting right now and a lot of TOs that I have been posting with have 25-30+ years and will be retiring soon. A lot of them are good guys but of course there are some “bad apples” in the bunch.  

And did you choose to be a yard T/O or do you have to post to yards for a set amount of time before you can post on the Road/Lines

Rookies can’t choose to be in the yard, that’s a super senior job, or medical restriction gets you there. XL couldland you a yard job sometimes, XX could as well, but your more inclined to the road so you can learn more. You post yards and then become YX(not sure if they are using this term anymore), but basically you are learning the yard with, preferably seasoned train operator. Doesn’t always happen though. I’ve seen guys still on probation that have gotten a yard job for the day and they are working with YX. It’s mind numbing to be honest. After 3 months( when I was YX 5 years ago, we were the second class to be YX), you go back to school car and finish with that. Then you road post. After all is said and done and all finals and practicals are passed, you are thrown to the wolves. It’s such an awesome feeling😉😂😂😂

11 hours ago, apokeguy said:

I’m glad you agree😉 where are you posting, A or B?

21 hours ago, kev2112 said:

A question for any current T/O's. List# 17xx here. I'm hoping to be called by the end of 2019. Are there any books or any other resources I could use to read/study in advance of getting called?  Very much appreciate anyone's help. 

I took the promotional exam in 2015. Immediately after, I searched google and found a very useful resource here: https://www.nycsubway.org/wiki/Subway_Signals:_A_Complete_Guide

Everything in this guide was more or less repeated in the induction manual. Save and study the information presented and get yourself a head start. Good luck!

58 minutes ago, thirtydaes said:

I took the promotional exam in 2015. Immediately after, I searched google and found a very useful resource here: https://www.nycsubway.org/wiki/Subway_Signals:_A_Complete_Guide

Everything in this guide was more or less repeated in the induction manual. Save and study the information presented and get yourself a head start. Good luck!

Thank you so much. 

13 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

And did you choose to be a yard T/O or do you have to post to yards for a set amount of time before you can post on the Road/Lines

I’m still in school car so yard posting is part of the curriculum. I’m not on a pick job. After YX comes the YX exam and the second signal.  Then comes road ops and then road posting.  

8 hours ago, apokeguy said:

I’m still in school car so yard posting is part of the curriculum. I’m not on a pick job. After YX comes the YX exam and the second signal.  Then comes road ops and then road posting.  

Awesome!! How much of training is spent in a classroom vs. being hands on? 

On 6/13/2018 at 12:07 AM, Physcoles said:

Was there from 7am-4pm.. they check your vision, ekg, hearing, height & weight, urine test for your sugar level, and doctor does a physical on you. Doctor measures your neck size to see if you’re at risk for sleep apnea. 

does ekg test for blood pressure? Mine is slightly high on the diastolic reading, 8-9mmHg on average.

Hey everyone,

About 4-5 months ago I sent an appeal form to Livingston because they said I did not have the requirements for the position although I did. Does anyone know how I can check the status of the appeal? Maybe a phone number, or would I have to go to Livingston? I remember a few others had the same issue, not sure if anyone has heard back about this.

Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, nycdrew said:

Hey everyone,

About 4-5 months ago I sent an appeal form to Livingston because they said I did not have the requirements for the position although I did. Does anyone know how I can check the status of the appeal? Maybe a phone number, or would I have to go to Livingston? I remember a few others had the same issue, not sure if anyone has heard back about this.

Thanks in advance.

According to their website:

NYC Transit Train Operator, Exam No. 7604 (Updated as of 7/10/18): The Examinations Unit is currently in the process of registering Education and Experience Test disqualification appeals, which will then be reviewed over the coming months. Once our review is complete, determination letters will be mailed to each appellant.

I'm guessing you'll get a letter before the year ends I hope.

Im asking this here after asking in a previous thread. I recently failed the 10 day training for bus op. Young mentioned that after he failed the same training, he got a 1 in 3 letter for a track worker exam, and apparently transit told him it was b/c he failed the DOB training. 

I know I have to wait and see, but part of me is worried I might get the same letter for this exam. Hope I'm wrong abt this.

On 10/16/2018 at 12:19 PM, kev2112 said:

If you want to get a head start, grab a subway map and start learning the terminals.

Read the weekday and weekend schedule planned work diversions off the website or the Customer Information Board.

Soon you can put a few of the puzzle pieces together.

5 hours ago, Dave2836 said:

If you want to get a head start, grab a subway map and start learning the terminals.

Read the weekday and weekend schedule planned work diversions off the website or the Customer Information Board.

Soon you can put a few of the puzzle pieces together.

Will do. Thanks actually I'm 16xx. Hoping for late 2019!

1 minute ago, acabral136 said:

I'm getting tired of calculating my income already I just want to see it happen lol. It's fun to think about it but this is taking so long. 

Me the same lml. I check the us postal digest daily to see if my “come on down!!” letter arrived.

My list number is 81* and all I've received so far is a letter stating that I'm on the eligible list.  Has anyone else in the 800's been called for anything yet?

I haven't been reading this thread for a while, but I'm looking back through it now and people are talking about having already done medical exams?

17 minutes ago, candorgreen said:

My list number is 81* and all I've received so far is a letter stating that I'm on the eligible list.  Has anyone else in the 800's been called for anything yet?

I haven't been reading this thread for a while, but I'm looking back through it now and people are talking about having already done medical exams?

I was 86* and I took a drug test already back in June. You should have too by now. Maybe u missed that letter. 

2 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

I was 86* and I took a drug test already back in June. You should have too by now. Maybe u missed that letter. 

Was your call provisional? I heard they were calling people before the list was established. I ask because my number is in the low 1100s.

19 minutes ago, candorgreen said:

I was 86* when I was called in for June 7. I took one urine and received a letter that my new list# is 91*   Nothing since.