ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, BrookylnBorn said:

Received ANOTHER letter to do ANOTHER pre-employment monday, did a pre employ in june and 2 piss tests this year, just did one on 9/7, that one is not even expired yet, what the hell is going on?

If you recently did one I would try and call Mrs Vargas to see if you really have to go in for another, 347-643-8218. I'll probably have a letter too and will be calling her myself. I went in for final processing september 20th but had to defer.

33 minutes ago, Rush1982 said:

Besides taking a drug test, handing your work and residential history forms in what goes on during pre-employment? Thank you in advance.

That’s about it. They do a little orientation, go over your paperwork to make sure there’s no gaps with your employment history; make sure your parking tickets and any moving violations are paid, and lastly do your drug test. 

2 hours ago, Djx said:

Can anyone in school car elaborate on what dental plans are available please. 

The “free” dental and vision provided by the union is Healthplex and GVS. If you want to pay an additional premium then dental and vision is covered by Emblem. You can go to http://www.twulocal100.org/ for more info on the union provided benefits. 

2 hours ago, Djx said:

That’s about it. They do a little orientation, go over your paperwork to make sure there’s no gaps with your employment history; make sure your parking tickets and any moving violations are paid, and lastly do your drug test. 

Would you remember how far back for employment are they asking for? I know some city agencies require all work history, but some only back 5-10yrs.

thanks!

29 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Would you remember how far back for employment are they asking for? I know some city agencies require all work history, but some only back 5-10yrs.

thanks!

They want you to go back until you finished high school or 18 if you turned 18 before you graduated. 

Edited by LIRRMedford

6 hours ago, apokeguy said:

The “free” dental and vision provided by the union is Healthplex and GVS. If you want to pay an additional premium then dental and vision is covered by Emblem. You can go to http://www.twulocal100.org/ for more info on the union provided benefits. 

One small correction. The vision is only offered by the Union. There is no TA offered vision plan. The emblem plan offered by the TA is only a alternate dental plan. Check out the union offered dental through Healthplex first if it covers your needs it probably the best option as it is free.

Already calling 800's ? This is going way quicker than expected. Was hoping for a late 2019 call but seems may happen before then.  List number 8X for bus operator and was thinking would get called there first. At this point its who ever calls first I suppose.

9 hours ago, aTrainHopeful said:

One small correction. The vision is only offered by the Union. There is no TA offered vision plan. The emblem plan offered by the TA is only a alternate dental plan. Check out the union offered dental through Healthplex first if it covers your needs it probably the best option as it is free.

Thanks for catching that! 

Glad to see they started sending out more pre-employments!!! Everyone who is surprised that they are at numbers 800-900 remember ppl from the list are already in (I’m 5xx and I started in Sept) so the list will relatively quick. The class might be 3rd week of Nov if not then beginning of Dec, asked a TSS there were no Oct classes, good luck to all! 

54 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Glad to see they started sending out more pre-employments!!! Everyone who is surprised that they are at numbers 800-900 remember ppl from the list are already in (I’m 5xx and I started in Sept) so the list will relatively quick. The class might be 3rd week of Nov if not then beginning of Dec, asked a TSS there were no Oct classes, good luck to all! 

Thanks, with this being said and the list moving at the rate it is 15xx’s may be in by mid dec to early jan

7 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

That makes two us kev. I’m hoping to hear more ppl later today state that they recieved their letters for pe. Hopfully they get to the thousands this week

I'm 90* and I didn't receive anything yet. I'll be sure to post as soon as I do though. I hope it keeps moving fast. 

59 minutes ago, Dgopes said:

Any realistic chance of 150* of getting called back? My boy that’s 3** is already in the class and it seems like they are slowing down the hiring... I’m assuming because it’s because of the new contact:.. any one have insight?

Looks like its picking back up. Ppl are starting to get called for p/e, now when the new class will start no one has posted any definitive info regarding that yet. 150x definitely has a real chance. In this forum so far the most recent person to receive a p/e letter was in the 900 range.