Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
ren

T/O #7604 Hiring Process

SevenEleven

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 9/08/2019

This list HAS been established as of 9/19/2018. To view your list number, click here and either type your last name in the search box on the top right or type in "7604" to view the entire list, followed by pressing enter.

PAY: $34 to start, raises to $36 after 231st road day after schoolcar.

TRAINING: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1370s); For Medical: (1200s)

CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR --

Message added by SevenEleven

Technically my 2nd lab from Sept 10 hasn't expired yet, and I already have to do another lab for pre-employment again on Nov 7th.

Received ANOTHER letter to do ANOTHER pre-employment monday, did a pre employ in june and 2 piss tests this year, just did one on 9/7, that one is not even expired yet, what the hell is going on?

12 minutes ago, BrookylnBorn said:

Received ANOTHER letter to do ANOTHER pre-employment monday, did a pre employ in june and 2 piss tests this year, just did one on 9/7, that one is not even expired yet, what the hell is going on?

If you recently did one I would try and call Mrs Vargas to see if you really have to go in for another, 347-643-8218. I'll probably have a letter too and will be calling her myself. I went in for final processing september 20th but had to defer.

Besides taking a drug test, handing your work and residential history forms in what goes on during pre-employment? Thank you in advance.

33 minutes ago, Rush1982 said:

Besides taking a drug test, handing your work and residential history forms in what goes on during pre-employment? Thank you in advance.

That’s about it. They do a little orientation, go over your paperwork to make sure there’s no gaps with your employment history; make sure your parking tickets and any moving violations are paid, and lastly do your drug test. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Djx said:

Can anyone in school car elaborate on what dental plans are available please. 

The “free” dental and vision provided by the union is Healthplex and GVS. If you want to pay an additional premium then dental and vision is covered by Emblem. You can go to http://www.twulocal100.org/ for more info on the union provided benefits. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, apokeguy said:

The “free” dental and vision provided by the union is Healthplex and GVS. If you want to pay an additional premium then dental and vision is covered by Emblem. You can go to http://www.twulocal100.org/ for more info on the union provided benefits. 

Thank you!!

2 hours ago, Djx said:

That’s about it. They do a little orientation, go over your paperwork to make sure there’s no gaps with your employment history; make sure your parking tickets and any moving violations are paid, and lastly do your drug test. 

Would you remember how far back for employment are they asking for? I know some city agencies require all work history, but some only back 5-10yrs.

thanks!

29 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Would you remember how far back for employment are they asking for? I know some city agencies require all work history, but some only back 5-10yrs.

thanks!

They want you to go back until you finished high school or 18 if you turned 18 before you graduated. 

Edited by LIRRMedford
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, apokeguy said:

One small correction. The vision is only offered by the Union. There is no TA offered vision plan. The emblem plan offered by the TA is only a alternate dental plan. Check out the union offered dental through Healthplex first if it covers your needs it probably the best option as it is free.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Holy crap. From 330 to 740 being called for pre employment in the same wk??? Us 1100s might get in way sooner than thought.

Excellent. 16xx here hoping for a 2019 call.

Already calling 800's ? This is going way quicker than expected. Was hoping for a late 2019 call but seems may happen before then.  List number 8X for bus operator and was thinking would get called there first. At this point its who ever calls first I suppose.

• Thumbs Up 1

List number 2xx and just got a letter to arrive for Pre-Employment on Nov 1st. Any idea when the next class might be? Looks like they are looking to fill positions fast.

9 hours ago, aTrainHopeful said:

One small correction. The vision is only offered by the Union. There is no TA offered vision plan. The emblem plan offered by the TA is only a alternate dental plan. Check out the union offered dental through Healthplex first if it covers your needs it probably the best option as it is free.

Thanks for catching that! 

Glad to see they started sending out more pre-employments!!! Everyone who is surprised that they are at numbers 800-900 remember ppl from the list are already in (I’m 5xx and I started in Sept) so the list will relatively quick. The class might be 3rd week of Nov if not then beginning of Dec, asked a TSS there were no Oct classes, good luck to all! 

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Glad to see they started sending out more pre-employments!!! Everyone who is surprised that they are at numbers 800-900 remember ppl from the list are already in (I’m 5xx and I started in Sept) so the list will relatively quick. The class might be 3rd week of Nov if not then beginning of Dec, asked a TSS there were no Oct classes, good luck to all! 

Thanks, with this being said and the list moving at the rate it is 15xx’s may be in by mid dec to early jan

5 hours ago, Nexdup said:

Thanks, with this being said and the list moving at the rate it is 15xx’s may be in by mid dec to early jan

Hope you are right Nex.....16xx here

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, kev2112 said:

Hope you are right Nex.....16xx here

That makes two us kev. I’m hoping to hear more ppl later today state that they recieved their letters for pe. Hopfully they get to the thousands this week

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

That makes two us kev. I’m hoping to hear more ppl later today state that they recieved their letters for pe. Hopfully they get to the thousands this week

I'm 90* and I didn't receive anything yet. I'll be sure to post as soon as I do though. I hope it keeps moving fast. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

I'm 90* and I didn't receive anything yet. I'll be sure to post as soon as I do though. I hope it keeps moving fast. 

Thanks we need that kind of good energy in this forum. Good luck!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Any realistic chance of 150* of getting called back? My boy that’s 3** is already in the class and it seems like they are slowing down the hiring... I’m assuming because it’s because of the new contact:.. any one have insight?

59 minutes ago, Dgopes said:

Any realistic chance of 150* of getting called back? My boy that’s 3** is already in the class and it seems like they are slowing down the hiring... I’m assuming because it’s because of the new contact:.. any one have insight?

Looks like its picking back up. Ppl are starting to get called for p/e, now when the new class will start no one has posted any definitive info regarding that yet. 150x definitely has a real chance. In this forum so far the most recent person to receive a p/e letter was in the 900 range.

My wife took the exam and is list #108x... they haven’t contacted her for drug test or anything yet.. is that part of Pre employment? Should she call up?  Thanks in advance