ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

10 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

Outstanding news, my third PE and piss test is Wednesday the 7th. (List 68*)

Quick question, what’s your list number, date of last PE and date for upcoming medical.

Medical exam will be a questionnaire of your medical history, eye exam, hearing exam, sugar level dip test, ekg, body mass and I think lung capacity test. 

There might be more, that’s what I had to do to get my metro north job and was told NYCTA is  similar. 

Once again congratulations, pass this and you have the job. 

Thanks Brother! I'm list #26*. This was my first PE and medical. I have to go on the 7th as well 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TO legacy said:

Outstanding news, my third PE and piss test is Wednesday the 7th. (List 68*)

Quick question, what’s your list number, date of last PE and date for upcoming medical.

Medical exam will be a questionnaire of your medical history, eye exam, hearing exam, sugar level dip test, ekg, body mass and I think lung capacity test. 

There might be more, that’s what I had to do to get my metro north job and was told NYCTA is  similar. 

Once again congratulations, pass this and you have the job. 

Hey TO, just curious...you work for metro north but are switching for this position. Is it difficult to move up in metro north to this position? Is it just a better move for you personally? Ive got new hire orientation for MNR in a couple days and have this T/O position that looks like its coming up pretty quick. Just want to make sure I'm making the best decision.

15 minutes ago, Bronks said:

Hey TO, just curious...you work for metro north but are switching for this position. Is it difficult to move up in metro north to this position? Is it just a better move for you personally? Ive got new hire orientation for MNR in a couple days and have this T/O position that looks like its coming up pretty quick. Just want to make sure I'm making the best decision.

Metro North is awesome and the first job i look forward to going to everyday. 

I’m in the track Dept operating a stone dumping truck. 

The only reasons I’d rather be a TO for NYCTA is my dads in his 33rd year , my cousin is in his 23rd and my grandfather is a retired TO. 

Metro North engineers make more money per hour, but it isn’t like a civil service test where you get a high list number and your guaranteed to get called. 

Passing on NYCTA would be a gamble since I want to operate trains for a living. I have perfect attendance and I know guys the haven’t missed a day in 14 years and don’t get the call for metro north engineer.

Plus I commute from Queens to Bridgeport CT everyday. 

But you have some great options brother, you can’t lose either way. 

Good luck

Edited by TO legacy
Misspellings

2 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

Metro North is awesome and the first job ai look forward to going to everyday. 

I’m in the track Dept operating a stone dumping truck. 

The only reasons I’d rather be a TO for NYCTA is my dads in his 33rd year , my cousin is in his 23rd and my grandfather is a retired TO. 

Metro North engineers make more money per hour, but it isn’t like a civil service test where you get a high list number and your guaranteed to get called. 

Passing on NYCTA would be a gamble since I want to operate trains for a living. I have perfect attendance and I know guys the haven’t missed a day in 14 years and don’t get the call. 

Plus I commute from m Queens to Bridgeport CT  everyday. 

But you have some great options brother, you can’t lose either way. 

Good luck

Thank you. Good luck to you too.

2 hours ago, rcabrer1 said:

Just received an email inviting me back for the medical and that I'm being considered for the Nov 26th class. What does the medical entail and have you guys ever been considered for a class when provisionals were being done? Thanks in advance.

Congrats,quick turnover,best of luck!

2 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

from the social security office

I have mine from when I went in for the provisional. I've had a lotttt of jobs lol but I'm happy to write it in again. It would be so perfect if I get into a class in the next 3 months. I can't wait. 

2 hours ago, acabral136 said:

I have mine from when I went in for the provisional. I've had a lotttt of jobs lol but I'm happy to write it in again. It would be so perfect if I get into a class in the next 3 months. I can't wait. 

The paper from the social security office, do they keep it? 

1 minute ago, Nexdup said:

Can someone scheduled for the phisical exam for nov 26 class ask if there are any classes scheduled for dec and if so what date? Please and thanks. 

Curious about this too. I have to go on the 16th for drug testing, but not sure if I would be put in the nov 26 class in time 

2 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Curious about this too. I have to go on the 16th for drug testing, but not sure if I would be put in the nov 26 class in time 

If i have to guess, only people below 500-600 have a chance at the Nov 26 class.  There should be a Dec class because Ms. Vargas said at my pre-employment that they need to hire 180 people per quarter. Since 41 people are going into the Nov class and there was no Oct class, they gonna need to fill 139 vacancies from Dec until Jan-Feb before a newquarter begins. I'm not sure which months belong to which quarter. It could be fiscal or non-fiscal quarters.

Of course this is all just my own speculation so take it with a grain on salt.

Edited by nipaaaa

54 minutes ago, nipaaaa said:

If i have to guess, only people below 500-600 have a chance at the Nov 26 class.  There should be a Dec class because Ms. Vargas said at my pre-employment that they need to hire 180 people per quarter. Since 41 people are going into the Nov class and there was no Oct class, they gonna need to fill 139 vacancies from Dec until Jan-Feb before a newquarter begins. I'm not sure which months belong to which quarter. It could be fiscal or non-fiscal quarters.

Of course this is all just my own speculation so take it with a grain on salt.

This post just gave me so much hope for the December class. I really hope I'm in there!