ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

3 hours ago, Fredman0220 said:

I just spoke to a gentleman who has 20+ years on the job who’s very cool with some supervisors. He informed me since I have a ticket that I’m fighting and don’t owe any money towards that I should be fine. As long as there’s no money owed that’s all they care about.

Yeah that is not correct information! You cannot have any pending tickets, moving violations or parking! Everything must be paid off, no future court dates! 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did my pre-employment Monday the 5th.  I was there all day.  The lab was backed up and I didn't get to pee until after 6PM.  How long does it take to generally get the email stating weather you passed or not?  At around 6PM today, it will be 48 hours.  I haven't received any email or call yet.  I appreciate any info you guys have.  Thank you.  

2 hours ago, BrookylnBorn said:

^Thanks, lets wait and see

Went to pre-employ on Monday, whoever said you dont have to arrive early is giving bad tips lol

was literally there for 12 hours, showed up at around 7:45 which I knew was a big mistake given the first couple times I went how long I’ve waited even arriving around 7am

Lab was put on hold for current employees, so the rest of us had to wait for them to finish

They told us we could go take a walk/get food and come back, felt like I did a work shift lol

Well I didn't say to show up late

57 minutes ago, candorgreen said:

Didn't someone on here say they do a BMI test?

Yea but as far as I've heard that's just to determine if I could have sleep aepna. I don't and I'm not in terrible shape I'm just a big guy. I'm a little worried about it now. 

Hey guys, I have a question about this exam and switching titles.

I told a co-worker that retired from MTA a few years ago that I received a pre-employment letter for T/O but I'm declining it. He said that is a stupid move and I should start the process because if you find being a T/O too much you can downgrade to B/O. I heard of downgrading to Cleaner title, but not a B/O. Maybe that was true when he was at MTA, but I don't think that is true today. He said because it is a promotional title you can transfer without being on the B/O list. Have any of you heard of such a thing? I told him you can only transfer if you are on the list and called for that title. He said no, and we argued for hours. 

If anyone is knowledgeable about this, please clarify. Honestly, I think I'm right! 

3 minutes ago, NYCQuietStorm said:

Anyone get a call back from Monday November 5th’s pre-employment?  I was there all day for 12 hours.  My list number is 3xx.  Thank you everyone.  Good luck!

What did the pre-employment consist of? Did they look or ask for anything specific?

2 hours ago, NYCQuietStorm said:

I did my pre-employment Monday the 5th.  I was there all day.  The lab was backed up and I didn't get to pee until after 6PM.  How long does it take to generally get the email stating weather you passed or not?  At around 6PM today, it will be 48 hours.  I haven't received any email or call yet.  I appreciate any info you guys have.  Thank you.  

I believe it takes anywhere from 3-90 days. There are a lot of people that took the urine test one than once for this exam.

They never called me back for the medical in June after I did the urine, but I received another pre-employment letter. So, if I go I have to take another urine. 

Train operator holds a lot of weight being it is also used as a promotional title, don't be surprised if you have to do a few urines and another pre-employment!

Edited by msmcmillan
Adding more

12 minutes ago, msmcmillan said:

I believe it takes anywhere from 3-90 days. There are a lot of people that took the urine test one than once for this exam.

They never called me back for the medical in June after I did the urine, but I received another pre-employment letter. So, if I go I have to take another urine. 

Train operator holds a lot of weight being it is also used as a promotional title, don't be surprised if you have to do a few urines and another pre-employment!

Thank you.  Im hearing different things.  Ms. Vargas in the info-session told us that we should possibly hear something in 1 to 3 days by email and that this would be for a possible November 26th class, and that there are definitely another 2 classes in the works but they haven’t announced dates.  

20 minutes ago, Fredman0220 said:

What did the pre-employment consist of? Did they look or ask for anything specific?

It consisted of a lot of waiting. Lol. I got there at around 7AM.  We had to wait on line to get a ticket to see someone at the main counter.  Once at the main counter you give them your pre-employment letter that they sent you and they give you a brown envelope with paperwork you have to fill out at home, and a drug test release form to fill out right there.  I gentleman came out with a speaker and microphone and helped us to fill out our paperwork and to make sure we were doing it correctly.  Then Ms. Vargas took 12 of us into a conference room and we had an hour or longer info-session in which she explained things about school car and the job and we were able to ask questions and talk to each other.  It was very informative.  Make sure you have all your stuff like HS diploma, passport, drivers license, and your application that you received.  Make sure you do not have any parking tickets, or DMV moving violations, or any DMV court dates for tickets you are fighting, they will make you go to DMV and pay them in person.  You cannot pay online.  I was done with all my paperwork before 12 noon.  I basically waited till after 6PM to get my urine test.  The problem was the lab was backed up severely.  MTA employees who are pulled in for randoms have first priority over us pre-employees and there were a lot of MTA employees there for randoms that day.  There was no medical at my pre-employment.  After the drug test we were allowed to go home.  It was just about a 12 hour day for me.  Be prepared to wait.  Make sure you bring your phone charger or better yet a USB battery pack so you dont have to rely on an electrical outlet.  Good luck to everyone.  

2 hours ago, NYCQuietStorm said:

Hey, I was also there (one of those 12 people) and I can confirm I didn’t get any call or e-mail yet either. Hopefully we’ll hear something by Friday.