ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

20 hours ago, NYCQuietStorm said:

Hey congratulations man!!  How long did it take them to contact you from the point you took the drug test?  And what pre-employment date were you at? Just trying to get a time frame on it.  I appreciate it.  And once again congrats and wish you the best in your new journey as a Train Operator!

Thanks man! My pre-employment was on Nov 1st which includes the drug test. Got an email on the 5th to come in on the 7th for medical. Did my medical and was sworn in the same day. Literally only a week window.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rcabrer1 said:

Thanks man! My pre-employment was on Nov 1st which includes the drug test. Got an email on the 5th to come in on the 7th for medical. Did my medical and was sworn in the same day. Literally only a week window.

Thank you for that info brother.  That's exactly what I was trying to see.  I did my pre-employment and drug test on Monday the 5th, and haven't received any email as of right now.  It may come possibly any time now.  Good luck again !!!

Hey everyone,

I saw that someone in the 1500s posted about receiving a P/E letter, I'm in the 1400s and didn't receive one. Do you know any possible reasons for this? I called Mrs. Vargas and left a message today but, she didn't get back to me yet. Would appreciate any insight and advice on what I should do. Thank you in advance.

3 hours ago, NYCQuietStorm said:

Thank you for that info brother.  That's exactly what I was trying to see.  I did my pre-employment and drug test on Monday the 5th, and haven't received any email as of right now.  It may come possibly any time now.  Good luck again !!!

I feel like we’ll hear something back by tomorrow, Monday the absolute latest

33x, everyone calm your butts. I did my pre-employment nov 2 and i haven't gotten an email for medical yet. It's all random...or I failed the drug test. If it wasn't random, I should've gotten an email to go in nov 7 like Rush1982

Brookylnborn - 41x, pre-employment nov 5th, no medical email
NYCquietstorm - 3xx, pre-employment nov 5th, no medical email
Rush1982 - 31x, pre-employment nov 2nd, medical on nov 9th. 5 business day gap
rcabrer1 - 23x, pre-employment nov 1st, medical on nov 7th. 4 business day gap

Edited by nipaaaa

29 minutes ago, MGB said:

Hey everyone,

I saw that someone in the 1500s posted about receiving a P/E letter, I'm in the 1400s and didn't receive one. Do you know any possible reasons for this? I called Mrs. Vargas and left a message today but, she didn't get back to me yet. Would appreciate any insight and advice on what I should do. Thank you in advance.

i have not received the correspondence yet but it was confirmed by ms. vargas 

18 minutes ago, nipaaaa said:

33x, everyone calm your butts. I did my pre-employment nov 2 and i haven't gotten an email for medical yet. It's all random...or I failed the drug test. If it wasn't random, I should've gotten an email to go in nov 7 like Rush1982

Or they don't like us Bay Ridge candidates, lol.  Thanks for the compilation of info there.  

On 11/7/2018 at 4:48 PM, Jchambers2120 said:

Bus operators can take a promotion to train operator and return to their title within 1 year if they wish. Someone off the street who gets hired off this list can't just do what that person described to you. You need a CDL to become a B/O, for this title you need a regular drivers license. I don't know why that person gave you that info, but whatever. To put it short if you get hired off the street from this list ypu can't take a demotion to B/O

Honestly the job isn't for everyone and it will be a major lifestyle change if you're coming from a regular 9-5, but the beauty of the MTA is you don't have to stay in one title forever you can always move up. I'm finding that I don't enjoy being a conductor and I plan on taking the next promo list to T/O or any other test I can to get off the road. There's ample opportunity down here to move up if that's your thing. "Fortunately" for me I have to be down here 30+ years just to meet the 25/55 requirement and I refuse to pound the road for that many years.

Thanks for that. I basically said the same thing to my co-worker. I knew you couldn't become a B/O from a T/O when you felt like it! You have to apply and take the exam like everyone else. Maybe during his time at MTA (29 years) they did that.

He also told me about operators driving drunk and having accidents. They were sent home and came back the next day in service like nothing happened! So the times definitely changed. 

28 minutes ago, nipaaaa said:

I’m 44* and didn’t get anything yet either so definitely makes sense

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if having a BMI of 30 would disqualify me for this position. Also, does any one know how and also why they would test an individual for sleep apnea? Sorry if these are stupid questions, this job means a lot to me and I’m trying to just make sure I’m qualified in every aspect. 

List #95* and I have p/e nov. 14

2 hours ago, Harryb said:

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if having a BMI of 30 would disqualify me for this position. Also, does any one know how and also why they would test an individual for sleep apnea? Sorry if these are stupid questions, this job means a lot to me and I’m trying to just make sure I’m qualified in every aspect. 

List #95* and I have p/e nov. 14

No, a bmi of 35 or under is passing. Anything above that and they will force you to take a sleep apnea test.

31 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

No, a bmi of 35 or under is passing. Anything above that and they will force you to take a sleep apnea test.

Shit that sucks to see. From what I just calculated I'm at 37.5 BMI (6'2 300). I don't have sleep aepna though I sleep just fine. Sucks that I might get delayed a bit because of that. 

Word of advice be careful during the medical questionnaire. A lot of the questions of you answer yes to you’ll be placed in medical hold. Not saying to lie but really think about your answers and be 1000% sure. I’m currently on a hold and going through hell to get cleared for blacking out 6 years ago from not eating in the morning during the summer. I passed MTA medical but they need clearance from an outside doctor so now I’ve already had 3 tests done on my heart and still have to see a neurologist before my doctor is willing to sign me off even though he says that I’m fine 🤦🏽‍♂️. Just hoping I can still make the class for the 26th, good luck to anyone else going through this 

10 minutes ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

Ok so i printed my abstract. I have one accident. 1 suspension and 1 moving violation on my record. I have pre employment next friday. Should I go? List number in 1200’s

Yes. When I went for pre employment they didn’t have us list anything about our license or driving record because they don’t consider t/o a driving position. But if at any point there’s any questions about driving history just be honest 

17 minutes ago, NYCQuietStorm said:

I just got the email.  I got called in for medical on Wednesday, November 14th and I'm being considered for the November 26th class.  I'm list 38x.  That is awesome news.  I see some of you also got called.  Good luck to you all and hope to see you there!!

Awesome! I’m 44* and was there on the same day so hopefully I’ll be getting that email soon as well. Today or Monday the latest would be amazing.

54 minutes ago, BrookylnBorn said:

Just got email for Medical on the 14th for Nov 26th class

List #41x

Did pre emply 11/5

Edit: For anyone that did Medical, do you know how long the process is? Dont think I can take another full day off from work

Medical will be as long, since they do final processing that day as well. Medical, Final Paper work, Pass Picture, Sworn In,Finger printing. The whole nine yards!

54 minutes ago, BrookylnBorn said:

Just got email for Medical on the 14th for Nov 26th class

List #41x

Did pre emply 11/5

Edit: For anyone that did Medical, do you know how long the process is? Dont think I can take another full day off from work

It’s an all day process, I was there at 6:30 am and I was the second to last person to get sworn in, it depends on which doctor takes your paperwork.