ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

2 hours ago, 2nice said:

Nowhere in the papers does it say to bring those on that day.

Yea I agree.

For pre-employment, the letter didn't say to bring in disposition documents relating to criminal records. Nor did that day talk about criminal records. Mostly going over your employment history.

For medical, nowhere in the comprehensive personnel document (CPD) booklet or the CPD guideline booklet say to bring in dispositions. In addition, the email for the medical states:

"If you have any criminal conviction(s), please bring any information that you would like to have considered, including evidence of rehabilitation and good conduct, a certificate of relief from disabilities and/or a certificate of good conduct."

But what do I know, I haven't actually been to final processing yet.

Edited by nipaaaa

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, nipaaaa said:

Yea I agree.

For pre-employment, the letter didn't say to bring in disposition documents relating to criminal records. Nor did that day talk about criminal records. Mostly going over your employment history.

For medical, nowhere in the comprehensive personnel document (CPD) booklet or the CPD guideline booklet say to bring in dispositions. In addition, the email for the medical states:

"If you have any criminal conviction(s), please bring any information that you would like to have considered, including evidence of rehabilitation and good conduct, a certificate of relief from disabilities and/or a certificate of good conduct."

But what do I know, I haven't actually been to final processing yet.

When you go for P/E you need your high school diploma! When you get your homework from them and come back for the medical that’s when you have to have your disposition(s). Make sure that packet is filled out correctly, a bit of advice take a picture of everything you wrote down for P/E and write it the same for the packet and you’ll be straight. Good luck to you all! 

10 minutes ago, Imhim said:

When you go for P/E you need your high school diploma! When you get your homework from them and come back for the medical that’s when you have to have your disposition(s). Make sure that packet is filled out correctly, a bit of advice take a picture of everything you wrote down for P/E and write it the same for the packet and you’ll be straight. Good luck to you all! 

Yes, this is correct they will not ask for your dispositions till the medical.

12 minutes ago, justmulah said:

Do you need disposition papers for any violation? Or only misdemeanors ? 

Bring all just in case. Again I had a violation that was dismissed, however every time I went for a city or federal job it came up and they requested the disposition, so I just had to ready!

1 minute ago, Citypilot said:

Ive been to pre employment,  i went to pre employment  they didnt ask for if then. Im waiting for medical.  Just don't want to be on hold for dispostions. 

Might want to scroll up and take a look at the earlier posts, you don’t need it at P/E. When you come back for medical you will need disposition. When I handed in MY paperwork I had all my dispositions, one being a violation where the charges were dismissed and they took that one as well as the others! 

2 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Might want to scroll up and take a look at the earlier posts, you don’t need it at P/E. When you come back for medical you will need disposition. When I handed in MY paperwork I had all my dispositions, one being a violation where the charges were dismissed and they took that one as well as the others! 

The only dispositions you would need are for arrest, correct? Or for all court cases and offenses?

9 minutes ago, Fredman0220 said:

The only dispositions you would need are for arrest, correct? Or for all court cases and offenses?

My opinion would be get a disposition for any arrest you have, so they can verify the outcome of the case. You don’t want to show up and think oh they don’t need it, then boom they ask you for it. If you used a legal aid, it’s free to obtain the disposition in NYC. If you used a private attorney it will be $10.00. 

1 minute ago, Imhim said:

My opinion would be get a disposition for any arrest you have, so they can verify the outcome of the case. You don’t want to show up and think oh they don’t need it, then boom they ask you for it. If you used a legal aid, it’s free to obtain the disposition in NYC. If you used a private attorney it will be $10.00. 

I received a summons for playing loud music in my car and for an open container. None resulted in an arrest, I was only scheduled to appear in order which resulted in me paying a fine. Is this something I would need a disposition for, or only for arrest?

36 minutes ago, Imhim said:

On the homework its writes if its sealed you dont have to put it down , most dismissals are sealed.  Should i still put those down

2 hours ago, Imhim said:

Bring all just in case. Again I had a violation that was dismissed, however every time I went for a city or federal job it came up and they requested the disposition, so I just had to ready!

Oh alright , i had a violation in Albany, so do that mean i have to go to Albany to get the disposition papers from out there or it’s ways around it? 

49 minutes ago, Citypilot said:

On the homework its writes if its sealed you dont have to put it down , most dismissals are sealed.  Should i still put those down

I’m not sure if I remember exactly how the packet goes, but I believe there’s a section that ask for arrest and outcome. Then there’s a section that ask for convictions and that may be what they’re asking dispositions for. Again what I did (doesn’t mean you have to do the same) I came in with all my dispositions, being that I went through numerous government background checks and they all asked about my violation, which was dismissed and sealed! However they wanted the disposition, so to avoid MTA doing the same I just had it ready. I don’t want anyone to be delayed for something so simple, especially if it can be avoided by being prepared! 

11 minutes ago, justmulah said:

Oh alright , i had a violation in Albany, so do that mean i have to go to Albany to get the disposition papers from out there or it’s ways around it? 

I believe you should be able to contact Albany’s office and have them mail you an official copy. Again might want to google their number and verify with them if this is an option. 

15 minutes ago, Imhim said:

I’m not sure if I remember exactly how the packet goes, but I believe there’s a section that ask for arrest and outcome. Then there’s a section that ask for convictions and that may be what they’re asking dispositions for. Again what I did (doesn’t mean you have to do the same) I came in with all my dispositions, being that I went through numerous government background checks and they all asked about my violation, which was dismissed and sealed! However they wanted the disposition, so to avoid MTA doing the same I just had it ready. I don’t want anyone to be delayed for something so simple, especially if it can be avoided by being prepared! 

I believe you should be able to contact Albany’s office and have them mail you an official copy. Again might want to google their number and verify with them if this is an option. 

Thanks man , i might as well just go get everything, just hope i dont get denied.

21 minutes ago, Citypilot said:

Thanks man , i might as well just go get everything, just hope i dont get denied.

U shouldn't. Mta don't really deny people jobs for convictions, unless u have the type of record where u shouldn't be walking the streets in the first place lol

When the time comes to provide dispositions, do we have to provide them for any type of summons or violation, or is this only for cases that resulted in an arrest? For example if you had a open container summons, that didn’t result in an arrest just a court appearance. Would you need to get a disposition for that type of charge?

28 minutes ago, Fredman0220 said:

When the time comes to provide dispositions, do we have to provide them for any type of summons or violation, or is this only for cases that resulted in an arrest? For example if you had a open container summons, that didn’t result in an arrest just a court appearance. Would you need to get a disposition for that type of charge?

Well I know someone who is currently a T/O and he’s in his 30’s, he got into trouble when he was 18 got arrested (minor thing) and never put that down and he was good, I’m not saying to do that,  you might wanna get all the necessary stuff so there’s no problems and you can get taken right away! But isn’t there some type of time limitation with that kinda stuff? 

33 minutes ago, Fredman0220 said:

From the paper work that is submitted when you return for your medical it’s states what are your CONVICTIONS. 

ONLY Firefighter, Police officer and special patrolman/Special officer must submit arrest information.  

NYCTA Only wants CONVICTION information.