ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

8 minutes ago, SeanH525 said:

I’m in the same 10 digits as you dude and was there the same day so don’t feel bad. I think we’re gonna make the cut for November, don’t worry. If not yes, like someone above me said there’s a class for December already scheduled for 12/17 I heard so we should be in there within 4 weeks one way or another.

Hope I'm there too. Did p/e last Wed and tried calling the office multiple times today for updates. It's Veterans' Day, but trains don't seem to be on a holiday sked, so don't know what's going on today.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Hope I'm there too. Did p/e last Wed and tried calling the office multiple times today for updates. It's Veterans' Day, but trains don't seem to be on a holiday sked, so don't know what's going on today.

Their offices are closed today. I was at PE last Thursday and overheard them at the main desk telling each other not to come in today.

Hoping for the medical soon and Dec class. I want to travel for a week or so before starting.

17 hours ago, Dave160 said:

List 1,65X and got the letter a couple of days ago for pre-employment for Nov. 29th. I'm weighing my options but am probably gonna try to defer my list number for a year or so, so I can finish my Bachelor's degree. Don't know if it's a dumb decision yet, but we'll see.

Good luck to everyone continuing with pre-employment and beyond!

Never a dumb decision to finish up on the goals you set for yourself! Before starting a new Journey! Do you thing my ninja. MTA ain’t going no where! 

Edited by DrewMania

1 hour ago, MarkGuy said:

180 livingston is HR so think of it as  corporate which it is. Every major holiday they are off. 

Subways, busses is operational they run completely different. Our schedule don’t have to be recognize as a holiday but most likely corporate position will be!

Try tomorrow early. 

On 11/11/2018 at 12:57 AM, Kidbx175 said:

IMO, we will all have to do multiple pre employments. Just because we (1100 + list number) are getting called for pre employement right now means nothing honestly. I feel they are just canvassing a bunch of people to get people ready and have a handleful of people to pull from in the future. It’s common sense. What list number are they up to that are in classes ?400 tops ? So don’t just think this will just happen soon. They just want to have people ready with paper work and drug test, so when it’s time to pull people, they can do so fast without much delay. I’m 18xx and have pre employment in December and I don’t honestly see them getting ready to put me in a class no earlier than May-July. Just my honest opinion. 

I understand everyone here is very anxious and wants to start the job like  yesterday, but we have to remain pantient and remeber that the MTA really sucks when it comes to the whole hiring process for jobs. 

I for one am sick and tired of my current job (USPS) and have been here for 6 years and want out immediately lol. I am just continuing to bank my time in preparation to burn all of it as soon as the MTA calls me up lol. 

Brother, they won’t hold on that long. Get ready for a Dec class with that info. At the latest Jan. It definitely won’t be May.

Hello everyone.  For those of you on here concerned about having high blood pressure and BMI over 35.  You will be put on medical hold until you have a sleep study conducted, just to rule out sleep apnea.  If you have sleep apnea and reads AHI of 15 or more than you should be concerned because you will be put on short term medical hold (30 days) until you show your CPAP compliance report of 70% or more.  If you have less than 15 and no other medical conditions you will be cleared.  I'm speaking from experience.  I was put on medical hold because of the same thing but my report should AHI of 6 and I was cleared.  I recently was placed into the November 26th class.  list number 1**.  Just maintain your medication regime and juice (fresh vegetables and fruits) for 1 meal and it surely will help with weight loss. TRUST ME!!!  Have faith and stay focus you will get in in due time.  Good luck  to all those that are going through the pre-employment/employment process.  Congratulations to those that have made it through the employment process!

1 hour ago, bajan said:

Hello everyone.  For those of you on here concerned about having high blood pressure and BMI over 35.  You will be put on medical hold until you have a sleep study conducted, just to rule out sleep apnea.  If you have sleep apnea and reads AHI of 15 or more than you should be concerned because you will be put on short term medical hold (30 days) until you show your CPAP compliance report of 70% or more.  If you have less than 15 and no other medical conditions you will be cleared.  I'm speaking from experience.  I was put on medical hold because of the same thing but my report should AHI of 6 and I was cleared.  I recently was placed into the November 26th class.  list number 1**.  Just maintain your medication regime and juice (fresh vegetables and fruits) for 1 meal and it surely will help with weight loss. TRUST ME!!!  Have faith and stay focus you will get in in due time.  Good luck  to all those that are going through the pre-employment/employment process.  Congratulations to those that have made it through the employment process!

That’s crazy I just looked at where I need to be for my height and weight (BMI) I’m 6 foot and should be at 177 or less, I need to weight myself last time I checked I was like 190, but I run everyday, gonna check tomorrow, don’t want any speed bumps to come my way.

Got my pre-employment letter to report 11/15.  List number 107x.  I will DECLINE the appointment as I took the test just to see if I could be offered a city job at age 61.  I am retired and leading a good life, travel, etc.  I always wanted to be a motorman, but earlier in life, not now.  I will frame my letter in my train room.  I have a nice subway layout in the basement and build my own openBVE routes so I can play motorman there in a game setting.  There are those who really need this job, so me being passed over will give someone a shot at a decent job with benefits that may be needed for a young family.

4 hours ago, bajan said:

Thank you for this info.  About the blood pressure.  What does the MTA consider high?  What is their threshold before they put you on medical hold?  I appreciate the info.  

12 hours ago, bajan said:

I'm only going to pre-employment today but I'm so nervous about this just because I know it's gonna cost me a month. My bmi is over 35 but I don't have sleep aepna, I just snore a little. Im never sleepy during the day unless my toddler daughter had a rough night and I have never ever fallen asleep driving or nothing like that. I started a strict diet on Friday and have been sticking to it and already lost 6 pounds since then. Maybe I can drop another 30 by the time I get a call for medical to get my bmi under that 35 mark so I don't have to stress it. 

Word to the wise... Get here at 6 30am. I'm here now and I arrived at 7am, I'm still like the 50th person on the cue. 

Also, the security lady is very loud. Don't mind her and don't argue with her. I've done security all my life and known people like her. They love to feel important. She's not bad just a little obnoxious. 

1 hour ago, JaKaMo85 said:

Good Morning, I have a question. I received the letter to go in for the drug test and start processing, but I'm scheduled to have surgery soon can In postpone this appointment and if so for how long? Will need months of recovery time.

You can postpone as long as you like so long as you reinstate your name and go through the entire hiring process(pre employment,medical) before the list expires on its 4th year.

13 hours ago, NYCQuietStorm said:

Thank you for this info.  About the blood pressure.  What does the MTA consider high?  What is their threshold before they put you on medical hold?  I appreciate the info.  

MTA doesn't consider it.  It's what your doctor consider high however; if your pressure is high enough that you are taking blood pressure meds and you have a BMI of more than 35, then you need to worry.  If you don't need to take any meds for your pressure and your BMI is 35 or more then they will use your neck size for the sleep study assessment. 

49 minutes ago, Angel33 said:

My 21 page homework package was misplaced can any one upload a blank copy or I can send my email to you to send me a copy? I really appreciate it.

Thank you

You can complete the whole thing at 180 livingston street.  Just ask for another one.  I did

17 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

So Ms. Vargas said they are only up to processing those in the 400s for the second phase, and the 1000s won't be in the nov class. With such a discrepancy, I really feel like I wasted my time last week. This is hella agitating. 

Don’t lose hope. There will be more classes after November. Plus, the numbers don’t add up for the 1000’s to be in the November class, so I don’t know what you were expecting.

22 minutes ago, TAI STUNNER said:

Good Morning all,  for those of you who received the p/e letter : Are you missing page 4 of the on the pre employment application? I believe that is the page which asks you about any past arrests or criminal convictions.

I think I'm missing that then because nowhere in the packet does it ask about arrests. N if they are only processing in the 400's, why did they send packets to people in the 1900's. That sounds like ppl will have to attend multiple pe's..smh