ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

5 hours ago, bajan said:

Its only if you have high blood pressure AND a BMI of 35 or more.  Having a high BMI only they will just measure your neck size to determine if they should send  you for a sleep sutdy

Thanks for the reply, yea I did some research and figured it out, so I’m good to go, does mta care about tattoos? I’m assuming not really cause my boy is completely tatted up.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SeanH525 said:

Got the email to go in for medical this Thursday 11/15. My list number is 44*. Good luck to everyone who’s still waiting. I’m below 35 BMI by a bit, definitely don’t have high blood pressure. Still, I get worried that something will come up. I hope I’m wrong lol

What was your PE Date???

congratulations

51 minutes ago, SeanH525 said:

I went in last Monday 11/5 for PE.

Outstanding. 

Did my 3rd PE  Wednesday 11/7. 

Hope to have my medical done mid next week and be in the same class. 

Once again, congratulations. 

Medical email means you passed background and have the job pending bad health. 

From reading the last couple of post you guys seem to not understand how MTA works. Again I read this thread from page 1 and caught before I joined the forum, just to get an understanding of the process and the job. Asking what sense it makes to do multiple P/Es or why they haven’t called back yet. Remember they are a city job, they have thousands of ppl waiting on this job, so they move at their pace and do things their way! The d/t does expire but again reading the list numbers that they are up to for each step should give you an idea of when you will be called! I thought I was gonna be in the August class, stayed on here reading the updates and did the math, took a guess that I would be in the September class and boom I was. Again I can’t speak on everyone’s situation but you gotta be patient and remember, we weren’t supposed to hear from them for at least 2 yrs! My induction class had 71 ppl in it. My TSS said he’s seen one with a 100. They can call or email you on Friday and say the class is Monday come in! It’s a fact this has been done in the past, so don’t expect anything to go the way you think it should! 

14 minutes ago, Imhim said:

From reading the last couple of post you guys seem to not understand how MTA works. Again I read this thread from page 1 and caught before I joined the forum, just to get an understanding of the process and the job. Asking what sense it makes to do multiple P/Es or why they haven’t called back yet. Remember they are a city job, they have thousands of ppl waiting on this job, so they move at their pace and do things their way! The d/t does expire but again reading the list numbers that they are up to for each step should give you an idea of when you will be called! I thought I was gonna be in the August class, stayed on here reading the updates and did the math, took a guess that I would be in the September class and boom I was. Again I can’t speak on everyone’s situation but you gotta be patient and remember, we weren’t supposed to hear from them for at least 2 yrs! My induction class had 71 ppl in it. My TSS said he’s seen one with a 100. They can call or email you on Friday and say the class is Monday come in! It’s a fact this has been done in the past, so don’t expect anything to go the way you think it should! 

Exactly.  

You, i and a very select few have had the common sense to read from page one. 

I work for metro north and it was the same hiring process, it’s not personal. You wait, wait and wait  THEN BOOM, you got the job.

Its strictly BUSINESS WITH THE MTA. 

They will never be short, they will always call 1000 people for a class of 75.  

I just finished my 3rd PE 11/7 and that’s just how the shit goes. 

I’m number 66*, but this is moving so fast that if your under 3500 and don’t have a criminal record of a scum bag, your going to be a TO in a few years max.  Be happy dammit. 

Your not a name, your a BSC number, get use to it and just do your damn job and earn this great money, pension and medical. 

MTA can care less about your tears.  

Great post brother 

Edited by TO legacy

1 minute ago, TO legacy said:

Exactly.  

I work for metro north and it was the same hiring process, it’s not personal. 

Your not a name, your a BSC number, get use to it and just do your damn job and earn this great money, pension and medical. 

Great post brother 

🙌🏽🙌🏽 Yeah I don’t want to sound like a jerk, just being honest, think about the amount of ppl who took the test, MTA isn’t worried about your feelings! They have a number they have to meet for the hiring pool, along with a million other factors, just be patient, because once that first P/E notification comes in you’re good, unless you do something, i.e. lie on paperwork, you will be called and will start eventually! But take it from me, waiting on the call, don’t do it, when you least expect it and then it starts and it’s non-stop until you’re off probation lol, congrats TO legacy, I can tell from your post you can’t wait to start, it’s really what you expect lol, can’t front shyt gets lit for me everyday, low key becoming a buff just because I know the possibilities are endless now! 

1 minute ago, Imhim said:

🙌🏽🙌🏽 Yeah I don’t want to sound like a jerk, just being honest, think about the amount of ppl who took the test, MTA isn’t worried about your feelings! They have a number they have to meet for the hiring pool, along with a million other factors, just be patient, because once that first P/E notification comes in you’re good, unless you do something, i.e. lie on paperwork, you will be called and will start eventually! But take it from me, waiting on the call, don’t do it, when you least expect it and then it starts and it’s non-stop until you’re off probation lol, congrats TO legacy, I can tell from your post you can’t wait to start, it’s really what you expect lol, can’t front shyt gets lit for me everyday, low key becoming a buff just because I know the possibilities are endless now! 

Brother, I feel you 1000%. 

My grandfather did 36 years and living a great retirement. 

My dad is in his 33rd year and not even thinking of leaving. 

So you know I grew up a buff under standing speed restrictions, diversions, break checks, timetables etc etc. 

i cant wait to do this shit. 

Everytime my email alert goes off, my hands shake. 

Glad to chat with someone who understands. 

My dad and grandfather cried when I got a 95, but I was pissed I got 2 questions wrong😭😭

stay focused and enjoy your new career, your built for this bro💯👍🏽

2 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

They could put you on hold until you can work without restriction. You have to be able to climb aboard a train from the tracks. If you have equipment supporting your back this can be difficult

3 hours ago, JaKaMo85 said:

You can postpone as long as you like so long as you reinstate your name and go through the entire hiring process(pre employment,medical) before the list expires on its 4th year.

Is there anything that disqualifies you for the position? I'm having back surgery

As LIRRMedford mentioned you have to be able to climb up/down a train. 

Along with that there are a number of other things that you will have to do. Just to mention some:

- climbing up/down a train not from an end but in between two cars

- crossing the tracks and over the third rail

- walking on elevated structures

- operating hand thrown switches

- taking down and putting up barrier springs while straddling between two cars

- clearing up on the tracks while a train (or two) are passing by you

28 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

Outstanding. 

Did my 3rd PE  Wednesday 11/7. 

Hope to have my medical done mid next week and be in the same class. 

Once again, congratulations. 

Medical email means you passed background and have the job pending bad health. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought the medical email was that you just just passed the piss test not background. From what I heard and read is that NYCT (along with some other city agencies) hires you first then they do the background check. So you can be working for a few years and be let go because they found something during their background check on you. 

3 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought the medical email was that you just just passed the piss test not background. From what I heard and read is that NYCT (along with some other city agencies) hires you first then they do the background check. So you can be working for a few years and be let go because they found something during their background check on you. 

From the info that I got it’s 50/50. 

Yes, background still goes after hire. 

But if you get the medical email, you have to have already met min requirements.  

Hs diploma, Drivers license, no major convictions etc. 

once you pass PE and medical, it would take a lie like getting a dishonorable discharge or stealing at a job to get booted.  As per me asking 180 staff. 

If you have been honest and invited for medical and you pass, your a TO 

37 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

Brother, I feel you 1000%. 

My grandfather did 36 years and living a great retirement. 

My dad is in his 33rd year and not even thinking of leaving. 

So you know I grew up a buff under standing speed restrictions, diversions, break checks, timetables etc etc. 

i cant wait to do this shit. 

Everytime my email alert goes off, my hands shake. 

Glad to chat with someone who understands. 

My dad and grandfather cried when I got a 95, but I was pissed I got 2 questions wrong😭😭

stay focused and enjoy your new career, your built for this bro💯👍🏽

Thanks a lot!! I definitely am trying! It's crazy cause at first all the information that's being thrown at you seems like a lot! Like nah no way I'm going to be able to get this all down, signals, equipment, procedures, lol, but I swear it's really starting to get to that point where I'm like oh yeah, I gotta do this, without the hesitation and thinking for like 10 seconds trying to remember something. Plus that paycheck is guaranteed every other Thursday, so that alone is enough motivation lol. 

48 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

Exactly.  

I work for metro north and it was the same hiring process, it’s not personal. You wait, wait and wait  THEN BOOM, you got the job.

I’m number 66*, but this is moving so fast that if your under 3500 and don’t have a criminal record of a scum bag, your going to be a TO in a few years max.  Be happy dammit. 

Great post brother 

Well, keep in mind that not everyone has the time to read through all these pages, and second, a lot of people will have found this thread well after it began, (as I did) but still not know about all the info. Not to mention posters putting contradictory info. Not exactly "common sense" to know that.

And if what I suspect is true, these drug tests cost transit money to conduct. If I'm correct, then having multiple people come in to do multiple d/ts not only wastes our time (which I know ta doesn't care about) but their money, which I know they do. It also shows a lack of organization.

I accept ill have to wait some time longer, but still....Im just saying 

17 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Thanks a lot!! I definitely am trying! It's crazy cause at first all the information that's being thrown at you seems like a lot! Like nah no way I'm going to be able to get this all down, signals, equipment, procedures, lol, but I swear it's really starting to get to that point where I'm like oh yeah, I gotta do this, without the hesitation and thinking for like 10 seconds trying to remember something. Plus that paycheck is guaranteed every other Thursday, so that alone is enough motivation lol. 

What that check looking like after taxes, if u don't mind me asking? 🧐

5 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

What that check looking like after taxes, if u don't mind me asking? 🧐

lol listen I'll say this, it's a lot better than my last job, but that 2 week pay tax bracket is a killer, lol, can't wait to go posting, I heard T/Os are getting OT during posting, depending on the job, it's hard for me to explain cause I don't know it verbatim lol

31 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Well, keep in mind that not everyone has the time to read through all these pages, and second, a lot of people will have found this thread well after it began, (as I did) but still not know about all the info. Not to mention posters putting contradictory info. Not exactly "common sense" to know that.

And if what I suspect is true, these drug tests cost transit money to conduct. If I'm correct, then having multiple people come in to do multiple d/ts not only wastes our time (which I know ta doesn't care about) but their money, which I know they do. It also shows a lack of organization.

I accept ill have to wait some time longer, but still....Im just saying 

Not trying to get into an argument or debate. 

My dad did 7 PE, MTA care are less about piss test cost. 

They are a state funded agency. 

You do what they say or step off. 

No debate at all.  Your a number that if you want the job bad enough, you suck it up and OBEY your instructions. PERIOD. 

Wait until your face to face with a stressed out dispatcher or a TSS with 20 plus years on the job, they will tell you to your face “F your opinion and get that god damn train down the line”

Your too emotional, your just a number. 

With that said, do you still want the job???

if so, going back and reading these pages on this thread, ain’t shit compared to being a competent train operator for NYCTA. 

Your not going to get played with going down the lines, they will can your ass if your not even going to research important information.

wouldnt you if some new jack jerk off says “ I was late so I didn’t read everything”  

that sounds dumb for a life changing career Where 3 thousand people are on your train depending on your damn effort 😒😒😒😒😒

Edited by TO legacy

13 minutes ago, Imhim said:

lol listen I'll say this, it's a lot better than my last job, but that 2 week pay tax bracket is a killer, lol, can't wait to go posting, I heard T/Os are getting OT during posting, depending on the job, it's hard for me to explain cause I don't know it verbatim lol

Just trying to do a little research 😄 all good thanks bro.

To the people upset about the process, I did my 2nd p/e today. It comes with the territory man. It's frustrating and I really hope I don't have to do it again, but if I do it is what it is. This isn't my dream job like TO legacy but I need to take care of business at home and this is the best opportunity to do so. Sitting around all day and waiting is a small price to pay for the life changing opportunity. My old impala is starting to die, my daughter is about ready for school, my wife and I are tired of living in a shitty neighborhood in the bronx, and the bills are piling up every month with no mercy. 

Good luck to all of you and just be patient. You will have your day. Think about my best friend who had his heart set on this job and did terrible on the test. He's number 76** and will most likely never be called. 

1 hour ago, Imhim said:

Sorry but this post is BS. I know you meant well when you wrote it and I dont mean to attack you, but you are wrong. The fact is that my list number is somewhere between 1-250 (being careful with my identity). Yes you read that correctly, under 250. And this has been my 2nd P/E without a call back (first one was in may). Telling people to sit back and be patient and wait for their list number is a load of BS. What I learned about the MTA throughout this whole process is that getting selected is either a) it is completely random, b) there are fools working there who jumble the list numbers around/make mistakes, or c) there are more nefarious reasons on who gets selected which I will not get into.

The only thing I can tell you about me personally is that I dont do drugs and have never failed a drug test, and I am also currently employed at a reputable company. so me not getting selected has nothing to do with my background. A person like me and with a VERY high list number should have been called months ago and the fact that I have still not received anything debunks your theory about "being patient". This "hiring" process has been nothing short of a disrespectful mess. I would imagine there are other people like me with high list numbers who have been skipped over due to 1 of the reasons i gave above and its not fair to any of us.

15 minutes ago, LEO1990 said:

Sorry but this post is BS. I know you meant well when you wrote it and I dont mean to attack you, but you are wrong. The fact is that my list number is somewhere between 1-250 (being careful with my identity). Yes you read that correctly, under 250. And this has been my 2nd P/E without a call back (first one was in may). Telling people to sit back and be patient and wait for their list number is a load of BS. What I learned about the MTA throughout this whole process is that getting selected is either a) it is completely random, b) there are fools working there who jumble the list numbers around/make mistakes, or c) there are more nefarious reasons on who gets selected which I will not get into.

The only thing I can tell you about me personally is that I dont do drugs and have never failed a drug test, and I am also currently employed at a reputable company. so me not getting selected has nothing to do with my background. A person like me and with a VERY high list number should have been called months ago and the fact that I have still not received anything debunks your theory about "being patient". This "hiring" process has been nothing short of a disrespectful mess. I would imagine there are other people like me with high list numbers who have been skipped over due to 1 of the reasons i gave above and its not fair to any of us.

lol you said I’m wrong, but you didn’t state any facts to prove what exactly I was wrong about it my post, so I’m confused! Again you have a right to your opinion, as do I, which was stated in my post! I never said “as per MTA” in anything I stated. I can see you’re frustrated from the process, which I agree, got me like that as well, but you attacking someone on a forum, trying to take some tension off the stress, being that I went through it and got to the other side, I find that to be weird. Enjoy ya night...

3 hours ago, TAI STUNNER said:

For those of you who received the p/e letter : Are you missing page 4 of the on the preemployment application? I believe that is the page which asks you about any past arrests or criminal convictions. 

I did the pe 3 times , i made copy of my application and just looked through them. And i never filled out a page 4 , i dont even remember writing anything abt criminal conviction for p/e, they only ask criminal history on the home work, which you will get at pe.

3 hours ago, LEO1990 said:

Dude i think you should call them , you shouls of been called for another drug test since u passed 3 months time , someyhing is definitely  wrong , check if they got the correct email on file. 

4 hours ago, Imhim said:

Lol I don't know why u could just say the number like we all don't know how much the hourly pay is. Your no different than any1 else that's training. He just wanted to know a number. 

I just want to know how much is the medical package! You can calculate your check online as married or single and get that number unless it’s a different dollar amount from what is stated on the p/e letter. I went to the twu 100 web site, dental and vision seems to be free but how much is the medical package aside from those two free packages? Like the premier ppo or the family plan? Do you need the p/e letter with you for the appointment day they request you to come to 180 livingston st? GL to all and congrats to all who’ve been waiting and finally made it, for the rest of us tighten your boots and keep trecking through the what seems to be endless journey ahead 🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

I just want to know how much is the medical package! You can calculate your check online as married or single and get that number unless it’s a different dollar amount from what is stated on the p/e letter. I went to the twu 100 web site, dental and vision seems to be free but how much is the medical package aside from those two free packages? Like the premier ppo or the family plan? Do you need the p/e letter with you for the appointment day they request you to come to 180 livingston st? GL to all and congrats to all who’ve been waiting and finally made it, for the rest of us tighten your boots and keep trecking through the what seems to be endless journey ahead 🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️

Its best to have that letter with you when you go to PE. If you don't have it, they can look you up but it takes a few minutes dredging the process for others and yourself.