ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

2 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

Its best to have that letter with you when you go to PE. If you don't have it, they can look you up but it takes a few minutes dredging the process for others and yourself.

Thanks will do. Do you know if i go to livingston street before the scheduled day could i ask for a copy or would i just have to go the day of? Snail mail has been quite sluggish and i was told by an employee when i should show up because its in the mail on its way to me? 

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nexdup said:

Thanks will do. Do you know if i go to livingston street before the scheduled day could i ask for a copy or would i just have to go the day of? Snail mail has been quite sluggish and i was told by an employee when i should show up because its in the mail on its way to me? 

A copy I am not sure off sorry.

5 hours ago, 2nice said:

Lol I don't know why u could just say the number like we all don't know how much the hourly pay is. Your no different than any1 else that's training. He just wanted to know a number. 

You see that’s ya problem, I see ya got something to say real quick without thinking before pressing “submit reply.” I can’t tell him how much because I have things coming out my check he may not have! Second, I can have 3 kids (dependents) he can have none, so his check will be significantly deffierent. Ya gotta chill with the slick comments again I’m simply tryna help, 🤦🏽‍♂️

Edited by Imhim

14 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

If you guys ever take a look at your current paystubs from your current employer you’ll get an idea.

hourly times hours minus union/state/fed. It won’t be exact but a good idea of what you’ll receive, minor deduction for other things you may need, give or take 100 ish dollars.

There's a website called paycheckcity.com that has a calculator you can use. I'm seeing 1868 bi-weekly after taxes but that doesn't include overtime or night/weekend differential, just base pay. Also didn't include deductions I will add like 401k and stuff like that. It's around 70 percent more than what I'm getting now. 

4 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

There's a website called paycheckcity.com that has a calculator you can use. I'm seeing 1868 bi-weekly after taxes but that doesn't include overtime or night/weekend differential, just base pay. Also didn't include deductions I will add like 401k and stuff like that. It's around 70 percent more than what I'm getting now. 

It’s in this ballpark. That website will not show you the mandatory deductions from your check like pension, post-retirement health insurance, and union dues. 

Does anyone have a phone number for the 5th floor other then Mrs. Vargas? I am having trouble placing the order for my boots because I am not placed in the shoe company system yet.  I already left Mrs. Vargas a message but was hoping to speak to a live person.  Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Pauliepaulie said:

List #53*....pre-employment on 11/6

Recieved email today for medical on 11/16

November 26th class being considered.

Great news, congratulations. 

Had a guy get his medical letter yesterday who had PE 11/5. 

You just got your letter and your PE was 11/6. 

My PE was 11/7, so I’m praying for tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, TO legacy said:

Great news, congratulations. 

Had a guy get his medical letter yesterday who had PE 11/5. 

You just got your letter and your PE was 11/6. 

My PE was 11/7, so I’m praying for tomorrow. 

I’m thinking we were sitting in the same area talking about how this was our 3rd PE. It was a group of about 5 guys who all did their 2nd PE in September. Would one of those guys happened to have been you?

Edited by Jay-Oh

1 hour ago, Rush1982 said:

Does anyone have a phone number for the 5th floor other then Mrs. Vargas? I am having trouble placing the order for my boots because I am not placed in the shoe company system yet.  I already left Mrs. Vargas a message but was hoping to speak to a live person.  Thank you.

They recommend waiting at least 48 hours after your induction date before trying to order. If you still have issues you can let them know in orientation. 

29 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

I’m thinking we were sitting in the same area talking about how this was our 3rd PE. It was a group of about 5 guys who all did their 2nd PE in September. Would one of those guys happened to have been you?

Yes I was.  Did you get pulled into that small room with the big chairs to fill out the application again? 

33 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

They recommend waiting at least 48 hours after your induction date before trying to order. If you still have issues you can let them know in orientation. 

Thanks, I was appointed on Friday so maybe it just hasn't been put into the system yet. 

18 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

Yes I was.  Did you get pulled into that small room with the big chairs to fill out the application again? 

Not this time. This time they told me my application was still valid so they just had me re-date some pages and sent me to pee in a cup. Waited forever in the lab.

13 hours ago, Citypilot said:

Dude i think you should call them , you shouls of been called for another drug test since u passed 3 months time , someyhing is definitely  wrong , check if they got the correct email on file. 

I did get called for another drug test! I went earlier this month for my 2nd p/e. My point is that even with a high list number (below the 250 range!), I STILL have not been called! its a joke...someone is messing up, the process is completely random, or there is some sort of bias agenda in the selection process. i cant think of any other reasons why i havent been called yet. and my background is clean (never failed a drug test, no convictions or legal issues, etc.)

seeing these people with double, triple, and even quadruple my list number getting called is frustrating to say the least. im not mad at anyone for getting called, good for all of you! im mad at the MTA though. one thing for certain is that your score and list number means jack sh*t throughout this process. this is very unfair. i had to go through this back in may and now again.

Edited by LEO1990

7 minutes ago, LEO1990 said:

I did get called for another drug test! I went earlier this month for my 2nd p/e. My point is that even with a high list number, I STILL have not been called! its a joke...

There is any easy solution to your problem: call 180 Livingston and find out what’s up. 

1 minute ago, njbk said:

There is any easy solution to your problem: call 180 Livingston and find out what’s up. 

i tried that many times both in may/now and i just get one big circle jerk. put on hold, transferred to another department, more holding, transferred back to the original department, put on hold again, etc. nobody knows and nobody is helpful

When filling out pre employment form, for periods of unemployment, should we simply put unemployed or explain like in school / ill / stay at home parent etc.. Searching the tread saw 1 person say put explanation and another say just unemployed (told to cross out explanation when they went downtown). Anyone can verify which?

19 hours ago, LEO1990 said:

Sorry but this post is BS. I know you meant well when you wrote it and I dont mean to attack you, but you are wrong. The fact is that my list number is somewhere between 1-250 (being careful with my identity). Yes you read that correctly, under 250. And this has been my 2nd P/E without a call back (first one was in may). Telling people to sit back and be patient and wait for their list number is a load of BS. What I learned about the MTA throughout this whole process is that getting selected is either a) it is completely random, b) there are fools working there who jumble the list numbers around/make mistakes, or c) there are more nefarious reasons on who gets selected which I will not get into.

The only thing I can tell you about me personally is that I dont do drugs and have never failed a drug test, and I am also currently employed at a reputable company. so me not getting selected has nothing to do with my background. A person like me and with a VERY high list number should have been called months ago and the fact that I have still not received anything debunks your theory about "being patient". This "hiring" process has been nothing short of a disrespectful mess. I would imagine there are other people like me with high list numbers who have been skipped over due to 1 of the reasons i gave above and its not fair to any of us.

Something is definitely very wrong here. You should've been emailed to go for the medical. I suspect your paperwork got misplaced or something down at 180 livingston. Definitely give them a call or make the trip to personally speak with someone at employment operations. I wouldn't put it past it if someone at lab misplaced your urine sample and mixed it with someone else who did fail their test. 

3 minutes ago, nipaaaa said:

Something is definitely very wrong here. You should've been emailed to go for the medical. I suspect your paperwork got misplaced or something down at 180 livingston. Definitely give them a call or make the trip to personally speak with someone at employment operations. I wouldn't put it past it if someone at lab misplaced your urine sample and mixed it with someone else who did fail their test. 

Then that would make me the unluckiest person alive seeing as how this exact process happened to me twice (once back in may, once now). Either that or the MTA hiring crew are a bunch of f*ck ups. lastly, maybe there really is some biased hiring agenda, but id rather not get into that topic.