ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

Oh without a doubt. When I said work up that was towards myself.

just spoke with my attorney and he said he can postpone until later speeding ticket for three years starting now so I'm good, and he probably can shave off a few points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so we pretty much have to wait say.....2-3 years? maybe 4-6 years for a call back??? LOL

With all the money that might get pumped into mta for extra service among other things, I think it might move fast

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

just spoke with my attorney and he said he can postpone until later speeding ticket for three years starting now so I'm good, and he probably can shave off a few points

Before I got hired for mta bus operator... Think they said that you can't have any pending moving violations.... Might be different for this position

Before I got hired for mta bus operator... Think they said that you can't have any pending moving violations.... Might be different for this position

As was stated by gotti109 any pending tickets will most likely get you put on hold but if you do get the points you may still be able to get hire as long as you have less than 4 points. My advice is go to court get it over with now rather then wait. Even if you're put on hold because of it you can still reinstate your name after and you keep all your seniority from when your name was first called. From what I know that's for B/O as for T/O same rules may apply simple because this is the first time MTA has added that you need to have a Driver's License for this position. 

I've read plenty of stories on this forum and most people who's in your situation still end up working for the company. It just take a bit longer then others is all. Best of luck to you my ninja I'm sure like most things it'll all work out.

How can I find out for sure if a pending ticket that hasn't gone to court can cause me to be put on hold? If that's true I'll tell my attorney to not delay or postpone it and after the verdict I can just take a driver safety course to wipe out the points....

Edited by Ypresman

Transit wants you to take care of all traffic violations and parking tickets before you are hired. The employment center can pull your driving record right away. They will find out even if you don't tell them on the pre-employment paperwork. Get it taking care of when you can. You got a least a year until you get your score.

How can I find out for sure if a pending ticket that hasn't gone to court can cause me to be put on hold? If that's true I'll tell my attorney to not delay or postpone it and after the verdict I can just take a driver safety course to wipe out the points....

Transit wants you to take care of all traffic violations and parking tickets before you are hired. The employment center can pull your driving record right away. They will find out even if you don't tell them on the pre-employment paperwork. Get it taking care of when you can. You got a least a year until you get your score.

As MTA Traveler said, mta has direct acces to your driver abstract..... they see everything. Get it taken care of asap. They don't care if you were guilty of speeding. They just don't want to hire you and then during your probation/traing you have to take off to go to court. Also after you get hire and then you get to much points on your license, they would have to fire you anyway.

even if you get points now it's better to get it taken care of now and then remedy the situation. You might be able to negotiate a higher fine in exchange for fewer or no points. If you get points you can take a defensive driving course and erase some of them. don't put it off.

even if you get points now it's better to get it taken care of now and then remedy the situation. You might be able to negotiate a higher fine in exchange for fewer or no points. If you get points you can take a defensive driving course and erase some of them. don't put it off.

DDC ( defensive driving course ) does nothing when it comes to MTA. On your drivers abstract it still shows up. You still see how many points you have it just shows up that you took the course. Your points aren't removed. The DMV can still see them as well as companies such as MTA. It's only useful for getting cheaper insurance.

When you go for pre-employment they print it out in front of you. And every violation that gives you points still shows the total number of points you recived. It's kinda funny because they skip right over the DDC and go straight to counting your points.

DDC ( defensive driving course ) does nothing when it comes to MTA. On your drivers abstract it still shows up. You still see how many points you have it just shows up that you took the course. Your points aren't removed. The DMV can still see them as well as companies such as MTA. It's only useful for getting cheaper insurance.

When you go for pre-employment they print it out in front of you. And every violation that gives you points still shows the total number of points you recived. It's kinda funny because they skip right over the DDC and go straight to counting your points.

it shows you had the violation, I understand that but the driver defense course removes 4 points from being current on your record... I'm not going to lie that I never got the ticket... I've had points on my record in the past too but every 18months 2 points get removed automatically from being current also...

• 4 weeks later...

new to the MTA scene, as we know the 27th is near and scores will be posted. what scores do you guys/girls believe is guaranteed a position based on previous exams?

ex. sanitation you can score 100+ and still be in the 8000-9000 mark and not get called due to the list expiring out.

same for FDNY a 99+ around 5500 people before the list falls out.

sorry if its a repost,

new to the MTA scene, as we know the 27th is near and scores will be posted. what scores do you guys/girls believe is guaranteed a position based on previous exams?

ex. sanitation you can score 100+ and still be in the 8000-9000 mark and not get called due to the list expiring out.

same for FDNY a 99+ around 5500 people before the list falls out.

sorry if its a repost,

First of all, welcome to the site! Glad you found your way down to the Transit Employment Topics!!

As far as the answer to your question - obviously the answer is a high score, however it all comes down to your list number, and how fast they move down the list. Another example is the Track Worker list. Based on that easy 40-question exam, close to 11,000 people are waiting to being called, and in reality, they may only call the first either 2,500 people. Now, if that exam was harder, in which they could have had 60 or 80 questions compared to 40, then the list might not be as long, with 12,000+ people, and the scores for the first 2,500 people might have not been a 95 or higher, respectively.

Therefore, although you may be excited to obtain your score, you have to wait until the list comes out to see not only where you stand, but who also scored higher than you as well.

Edited by +Young+

I wonder if 88 is a decent score, 7 wrong out of 60. My wife asked me if that's good? I told her I have no idea...

It's a good score. Not good enough to get called very soon. But within the typical 4 year life span these lists stay open, you can expect a call from TA in 2-3 years time.

Station Supervisor

It's a good score. Not good enough to get called very soon. But within the typical 4 year life span these lists stay open, you can expect a call from TA in 2-3 years time.

Station Supervisor

Thanks for the info Will, no rush here... just glad I have a chance

Thanks for the info Will, no rush here... just glad I have a chance

That's the attitude to have when taking these exams. Is to take them and put it in the back of your mind. They'll get to you when it's your time. If you keep thinking about hem calling you everyday you'll drive yourself crazy.

Station Supervisor

Congratulations to all who passed the test. I traveled all the way from SE Mass to take this test.

I thought that I failed it when I was walking out of there on June 11/PM Session... :angry:  :unsure:

Well, I got an 86.66666......It may not be enough to get a phone call, but no question about it - I passed and now the wait begins  :)

I just hope that with that score, it will be enough to get a shot.