ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, thenyteowl said:

I noticed someone mentioned sleep apnea regarding the pre-employment. How can they test that? What are they looking for? Some sleep apnea isnt bad.

They measure your neck and bmi, ask a series of questions, then make an assessment.

Go see your doctor and get tested before THEIR doctor tests you.  Get all forms needed to say you are fully capable of doing the job.

2 hours ago, Dave2836 said:

They measure your neck and bmi, ask a series of questions, then make an assessment.

Go see your doctor and get tested before THEIR doctor tests you.  Get all forms needed to say you are fully capable of doing the job.

Wasn't sure that was going to be an issue. My doc never diagnosed me with sleep apnea but I do snore. Sooooo many hurdles.

2 hours ago, thenyteowl said:

Wasn't sure that was going to be an issue. My doc never diagnosed me with sleep apnea but I do snore. Sooooo many hurdles.

What you share with Transit is your decision regarding medical issues, but most of these physicians at the MAC been around long enough to eyeball problems that might arise.

1 hour ago, Physcoles said:

Are we going to do the Medical on the day of pre employment or will you be asked to come at a later date to do the Medical?

Pre-employment is in my experience always the drug and alcohol test and qualifying prelimary paperwork.

9 hours ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

Just dress Business casual, they not strict.

7 hours ago, apokeguy said:

I did not witness anyone being sent home. I saw the same guys waiting hat went into drug testing and they wore black jeans with polo shirt not tucked in. Now it’s up to you if you want to dress similar to just present yourself nicely.

Got it 👌🏾

4 hours ago, Physcoles said:

Are we going to do the Medical on the day of pre employment or will you be asked to come at a later date to do the Medical?

Day one is the urine sample and if you are contacted back to come back in, it will be for medical.

On 5/14/2018 at 7:30 PM, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

Any T/O's in the know here who can point to why they're hiring provisionals? Is A Division scarce of T/O's or something?

They NEED bodies......

Promotions terminations restrictions retirements you name it...

On 5/15/2018 at 10:56 PM, needajob said:

For those Smartypants who are getting hired throw some study materials our ways like signals and stuff so we can start preparing while we wait if yall don't mind... thank you!!

NO....

They will only help you fail  if they do that everything is different..

Schoolcar  follows a curriculum but it varies.

Wait your Turn is my best advice.

15 hours ago, Dave2836 said:

The down side is IF you do have it you will be Put on Medical Hold Until you get the machine..

Then every six months for the rest of your Career you are subject to the MAC center for compliance.

2 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Good Luck to those starting on the 29th Hope to see some of y'all over here in the B Div....

We NEED Backup badly LOL...

Happy to hear this because B is where i want to go!! In your opinion do you think they will have more than one class before the list is published?