ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just received my letter in the mail. I scored a 91.xx and my rank is 17xx. This still blows my mind lol i might actually have a chance within the 4 year window to get hired by the MTA. I scored a 95 on conductor and my rank was 51xx also scored a 102.xx on sanitation and my list number was 51xx. So i pretty much lost hope and ruled out my chances of being hired for  Conductor and sanitation, But now there is hope with T/O :). Also curious to compare my track worker answers with the proposed answer key they are putting out tomorrow. I will honestly prefer to be a track worker over  a T/O, so I'm praying i did better on that. Good luck to everyone.

37 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

I just received my letter in the mail. I scored a 91.xx and my rank is 17xx. This still blows my mind lol i might actually have a chance within the 4 year window to get hired by the MTA. I scored a 95 on conductor and my rank was 51xx also scored a 102.xx on sanitation and my list number was 51xx. So i pretty much lost hope and ruled out my chances of being hired for  Conductor and sanitation, But now there is hope with T/O :). Also curious to compare my track worker answers with the proposed answer key they are putting out tomorrow. I will honestly prefer to be a track worker over  a T/O, so I'm praying i did better on that. Good luck to everyone.

So they never called you or mailed you for the Conductor / Sanitation even after 4 years???  good luck on the T/W exam!

1 minute ago, trackerjack said:

So they never called you or mailed you for the Conductor / Sanitation even after 4 years???  good luck on the T/W exam!

no well conductor list just got established not too long ago same with sanitation. But with my list number being so high there really isn't any hope in getting contacted within the years the list is still active is what i meant.

2 hours ago, Kidbx175 said:

no well conductor list just got established not too long ago same with sanitation. But with my list number being so high there really isn't any hope in getting contacted within the years the list is still active is what i meant.

oh i gotcha. ok.  yeah it's kinda discouraging to see your number in the 4 digits.  i got a 25xx.  sucks....... i hope the wait isn't longer than 1 year.  :(

1 hour ago, trackerjack said:

oh i gotcha. ok.  yeah it's kinda discouraging to see your number in the 4 digits.  i got a 25xx.  sucks....... i hope the wait isn't longer than 1 year.  :(

It might be longer than a year, but I'm sure it'll come. 

I scored a 93.33 and I'm number 86X. I feel terrible for my boy who was very excited to take it. We went the same day but he only scored a 78 and got a number in the 77xx region. I doubt he ever gets called but I really hope he does. 

I haven't been called in yet, but from what I'm seeing in here, list is gonna move fast and I may be called in before the year is over. I'm kind of having a personal dilemma about it though. 

I recently started college and it has been going really well so far. I don't want to leave school, but from what I've read the mta schedule is very hectic. I also don't want to lose the time I get to spend with my wife and daughter since right now I only work 9 to 5 m thru f. However, 36.25 an hour is nothing to brush aside. Would make a huge difference in my family's life financially. 

I'm 90 percent sure I'm going to take the t/o job but man I'm not looking forward to not seeing my little girl for days. I know it's possible people exaggerate but I keep hearing for the first year all I'll get to do is work and sleep. 

3 hours ago, acabral136 said:

I haven't been called in yet, but from what I'm seeing in here, list is gonna move fast and I may be called in before the year is over. I'm kind of having a personal dilemma about it though. 

I recently started college and it has been going really well so far. I don't want to leave school, but from what I've read the mta schedule is very hectic. I also don't want to lose the time I get to spend with my wife and daughter since right now I only work 9 to 5 m thru f. However, 36.25 an hour is nothing to brush aside. Would make a huge difference in my family's life financially. 

I'm 90 percent sure I'm going to take the t/o job but man I'm not looking forward to not seeing my little girl for days. I know it's possible people exaggerate but I keep hearing for the first year all I'll get to do is work and sleep. 

Im in a similar situation as you, perhaps to clear your conscience and mine, sacrificeing one-two year for a better furture for my kids and family healthcare PENSION?

...its a good gig with the level of requirements needed, hard to find a job these days that's pay 36/hr with only High School /GED

Hard to find a job thats pays this range with an a associate or bachelors without out any experience in that FEILD (EXCEPT IT) .

And it does get better you get AVA, OTO, it will be hard but what is life without a little hardship?

8 hours ago, Kidbx175 said:

Track worker your out in the elements, and pay is less and it's manual labor more risk of fatality and it will wear you out before you get to enjoy that pension... However you have opportunity to move up...its a nobel profession... All the best wishes!

11 hours ago, apokeguy said:

Hard to say at this point since DCAS hasn’t posted scores online yet. 70 is passing score so you can guesstimate. Just for comparison there were over 31000 people that passed the C/R exam.  

what does C/R stand for?

1 hour ago, needajob said:

Im in a similar situation as you, perhaps to clear your conscience and mine, sacrificeing one-two year for a better furture for my kids and family healthcare PENSION?

...its a good gig with the level of requirements needed, hard to find a job these days that's pay 36/hr with only High School /GED

Hard to find a job thats pays this range with an a associate or bachelors without out any experience in that FEILD (EXCEPT IT) .

And it does get better you get AVA, OTO, it will be hard but what is life without a little hardship?

Yea i am definitely going to take it. It's a sacrifice I will have to make but being able to retire with a good pension is well worth it since that will be on us quicker than we think. My wife is also a teacher so we will both be retired comfortably someday. Just going to take some hardship. 

12 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Yea i am definitely going to take it. It's a sacrifice I will have to make but being able to retire with a good pension is well worth it since that will be on us quicker than we think. My wife is also a teacher so we will both be retired comfortably someday. Just going to take some hardship. 

I'm in the same boat. No kid yet but on that road. Me and my wife spent 2 years without a day with each other.  It was very hard for us and after that I said I would only do that again for a worthy opportunity which this deff is. Right now I have a dead end job and this here is a career. I am dissapointed i didn't get one more right which would have given me a 92 score and bumped up my score. I'm at 3445 now. Hopefully I get called within 3 years.

Also why do some people have a set list number and others have a range?

Edited by thegameksk

On 5/22/2018 at 1:00 AM, nipaaaa said:

My legal last name on my birth certificate, ssc and every government ID consists of both my parents' surnames since I'm from another country.

When came to America and started school from 5th grade, my parents went along with American naming conventions and dropped my mother's surname. Incidentally, the name of my HS diploma doesn't fully match my legal full name (just missing 1 surname).

I can already see this is going to be an issue according to what you've recounted about MTA being meticulous about matching and on point. Would you know who I would talk to now to pre-emptively prepare for judgment day?

you might be ok because you are from another country.. just have all ur documents

44 minutes ago, Yo0910 said:

I got my letter, I’m in the 4xxx...

my friend is in the 6xxx, is that too far to get called up? And how fast do they usually go threw the list numbers?

I'm in the early 16xx. I called the number at the bottom of the letter and was told I would hear from the MTA "Within the year"

11 hours ago, Schecter said:

So I spoke to a guy who works for the mta at a bar in AC he currently does T/O for the B division and he said they're still hiring from the promotional still.

If they are bringing in people for provisional positions, they are done with the promotional list. It would screw up the seniority numbers and create a conflict with pick rights. Spoke with a previous partner who was hoping to be promoted and last he knew was a June Class and hasn’t heard anything since. 

11 hours ago, Schecter said:

So I spoke to a guy who works for the mta at a bar in AC he currently does T/O for the B division and he said they're still hiring from the promotional still.

I have a question. 

I have been a city employee for the last 3 years. As far as I can tell I am tier 6 on nycers. 

Does that transfer over to mta? Does that mean i will be able to retire in 22 years or age of 55? How does that work? Where can I find out what my pension would look like? I'm not close to retiring but this is a huge sticking point for me. 

9 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

I have a question. 

I have been a city employee for the last 3 years. As far as I can tell I am tier 6 on nycers. 

Does that transfer over to mta? Does that mean i will be able to retire in 22 years or ag.e of 55? How does that work? Where can I find out what my pension would look like? I'm not close to retiring but this is a huge sticking point for me. 

Your pension should transfer over into this one:

https://www.nycers.org/sites/main/files/file-attachments/986.pdf

1 hour ago, thegameksk said:

I'm in the same boat. No kid yet but on that road. Me and my wife spent 2 years without a day with each other.  It was very hard for us and after that I said I would only do that again for a worthy opportunity which this deff is. Right now I have a dead end job and this here is a career. I am dissapointed i didn't get one more right which would have given me a 92 score and bumped up my score. I'm at 3445 now. Hopefully I get called within 3 years.

Also why do some people have a set list number and others have a range?

Really hope you get it. Good luck!!