ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

2 hours ago, thegameksk said:

I'm in the same boat. No kid yet but on that road. Me and my wife spent 2 years without a day with each other.  It was very hard for us and after that I said I would only do that again for a worthy opportunity which this deff is. Right now I have a dead end job and this here is a career. I am dissapointed i didn't get one more right which would have given me a 92 score and bumped up my score. I'm at 3445 now. Hopefully I get called within 3 years.

Also why do some people have a set list number and others have a range?

Everyone has a list number.. people post the range so u can’t find out exactly who they are. The list is public info. If I say I’m number 44444..u can go look and find my name lol

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

So if we are a current city employee our pension will transfer over?

Yes, your pension should transfer into the appropriate pension plan.

11 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Great so I'm already 3 years in. Thanks. 

Give NYCERS a ring and have them clarify the transfer process with you, so you can have a concrete understanding of what will happen. 👍

4 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

Starting pay is $32.59 and max pay is $34.24?

1 minute ago, 2nice said:

$34.16 starting I believe..not sure wat top pay is. That’s the salary stated on the paper my boy got..list number was 37x

Top pay is $36.25, reached after 231 road days after school car.

5 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

Starting pay is $32.59 and max pay is $34.24?

2 minutes ago, 2nice said:

$34.16 starting I believe..not sure wat top pay is. That’s the salary stated on the paper my boy got..list number was 37x

Top pay is 36 something due to change something next year after the contract expires.  

Starting pay right now is 34 something.

On 5/22/2018 at 9:44 AM, BlueHefna said:

Did anybody think they might of been graded incorrectly?  When I compared my record of answers to the proposed answer key, it showed I only had one wrong.  But the letter I received yesterday had a score of 96.667% which means two wrong.   I’m going to dispute it but just wanted to know if anybody else had a similar situation.  

Sent my appeal letter today..hope it gets me moved up from 16xx to the 800’s. Either way I’m still in good standing.

Edited by 2nice

Anybody know how they determine a list number if candidates have the same score.  I got a 93.333 and my list number is in the early 10xx, but some are in the 800s with the same score.  Is it SS number, age, etc?  Also called the employment center and was given NO time frame on when and if I will be called given my list number.  The calling process is based on need.

Edited by GGTrain

19 minutes ago, GGTrain said:

Anybody know how they determine a list number if candidates have the same score.  I got a 93.333 and my list number is in the early 10xx, but some are in the 800s with the same score.  Is it SS number, age, etc?  Also called the employment center and was given NO time frame on when and if I will be called given my list number.  The calling process is based on need.

Put in order by the 5th fifth digit of your social..for example..if your social is 123456789....your number becomes 567891234...the lower the 5th digit, the higher you are on the list. This goes for ALL civil service exams.

Edited by 2nice

11 hours ago, acabral136 said:

I haven't been called in yet, but from what I'm seeing in here, list is gonna move fast and I may be called in before the year is over. I'm kind of having a personal dilemma about it though. 

I recently started college and it has been going really well so far. I don't want to leave school, but from what I've read the mta schedule is very hectic. I also don't want to lose the time I get to spend with my wife and daughter since right now I only work 9 to 5 m thru f. However, 36.25 an hour is nothing to brush aside. Would make a huge difference in my family's life financially. 

I'm 90 percent sure I'm going to take the t/o job but man I'm not looking forward to not seeing my little girl for days. I know it's possible people exaggerate but I keep hearing for the first year all I'll get to do is work and sleep. 

The first 8 or 9 months of being a T/O is spent in school car. You'll have a steady schedule week to week plus weekends off. After that, you'll be extra extra and your days off are likely to change week to week unless you claim Sabbath Observance. All in all it's not TERRIBLE. BUT. You wont have much of a social life. Either way, it'll get better. I'm a C/R in the A division.

7 minutes ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

I finally got my starting date. I start Tuesday the 29th. I can’t wait! 

Congrats and good luck!

When did you go in for the medical test? And how long after the drug test did you wait to get called/emailed back.

I went in for the drug test last friday 5/18 and I am anxious to find out when/if they will call me back.

After the drug test a gentleman at the front desk told a group of us to wait 3-90 days for a reply.

My list # was between 400-415 and my grade was a 95. I was called in for the preemployment process for the temporary train operator positions they needed to fill.

Wish me luck!

46 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

I got the email stating to go in for my medical 5/25 and being considered for the 5/29 orientation! But wondering why $87 for fingerprinting when other agencies are $75? That’s weird.  

When did you go for the drug test?

3 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

to add onto things, I got a moving violation ticket a few months back (3pts) failure to yield, this is my first ticket and points for over 10+ years of having a license. I plead guilty and paid the ticket, would anyone know if thatll cause any issues?

As long as its paid nothing pending you will be fine. If you have something open that will be a problem.