ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

3 hours ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

What will disqualify you automatically? I have two accidents on abstract 

From what I have gathered on this board, nothing will necessarily disqualify you other than lying about information.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Guanaco2020 said:

So what happens if they measure your neck and it's past a certain measurement? Do you get out on medical hold? Some people have big necks, just saying..

They use it as a calculation for BMI, if your over a certain limit they automatically med hold you and make you get a sleep study

6 hours ago, DevilDog96 said:

They use it as a calculation for BMI, if your over a certain limit they automatically med hold you and make you get a sleep study

Would you or anyone know what the passing requirements are for medical?

Urine/Drug= Must pass 

neck/sleep= BMI %?

blood pressure=? +/-

glucose/sugar = ? +/-

anythign else I’m missing?

list#11xx

4 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Would you or anyone know what the passing requirements are for medical?

Urine/Drug= Must pass 

neck/sleep= BMI %?

blood pressure=? +/-

glucose/sugar = ? +/-

anythign else I’m missing?

list#11xx

Ekg 

11 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

2 weeks past PE, still waiting on medical.

Let’s see how long it’ll take before the next wave of emails goes out. I’m guessing it’ll go up to around the 500’s. 

Jay-Oh,

Do you know if there will be other classes after the August one?  I'm hearing after August thats it for this year for provisional T/O...

59 minutes ago, msmcmillan said:

Jay-Oh,

Do you know if there will be other classes after the August one?  I'm hearing after August thats it for this year for provisional T/O...

I’m not sure. I haven’t heard anything of that sort. Where did you get that info from?

I’m hoping that’s just a rumor because im in the 600’s and it would be upsetting if we had to wait an undisclosed amount of time for a second call.

I’m staying hopeful that they didn’t process so many pre-employments just to stop halfway through the list of people they called.

2 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

What sucks is that the drug test expires. So if we don't get called within 3 months of taking the test, we will have to go back and take it again. 

But they did say to look out for an email for the medical between 3-90 days. I would hope that they don’t leave us hanging. 

1 hour ago, msmcmillan said:

Jay-Oh,

Once the list officially drops it won’t be provisional anymore, it’ll be permanent. The list is supposed to come out June/July. 

8 minutes ago, Djx said:

But they did say to look out for an email for the medical between 3-90 days. I would hope that they don’t leave us hanging. 

That’s what I’m hoping. They did say 30-90 days to me.

3 minutes ago, Djx said:

Once the list officially drops it won’t be provisional anymore, it’ll be permanent. The list is supposed to come out June/July. 

I think her main concern was that there wouldn’t be any more classes for her to join. Here’s hoping we all get called and we all do well on the medica!

4 minutes ago, Djx said:

Does anyone know if they’re still bringing people in for PE?

They might be prepping the next batch of PE or they stopped, I’m unsure. I’m only observing that this thread isn’t as active as it would be if PE letters were going out at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

They might be prepping the next batch of PE or they stopped, I’m unsure. I’m only observing that this thread isn’t as active as it would be if PE letters were going out at the moment.

Yes, that’s what I noticed too. It wasn’t very active at all this week. 

2 hours ago, msmcmillan said:

Jay-Oh,

I asked a buddy of mine in Transit.

They can either exhaust the whole list or they can hire a certain amount to fill the open position.

School car is year round, so if they still need TO’s, they won’t stop classes after August. As long as there are open positions, there will be classes.

7 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

They can either exhaust the whole list or they can hire a certain amount to fill the open position.

School car is year round, so if they still need TO’s, they won’t stop classes after August. As long as there are open positions, there will be classes.

Just now, Djx said:
8 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

But what about those of us that already did PE? Are we part of that certain amount that they need, or..... 😩

38 minutes ago, Djx said:

But what about those of us that already did PE? Are we part of that certain amount that they need, or..... 😩

I would think so. I’m just assuaging msmcmillan’s fears that there’s time of year during which school car is not running. It’s based on open positions and the list, not the time of year.

If her information was correct, then I’m think it’s referring to the end of the “provisional” statuses and the start of “permanent” as LIRRMedford said.

I’m also curious to know if they are still sending out PE letters or waiting for the official list to be released. Will that mean candidates that are canvassed after the list is released will have to pass the OPA before going on to drug and medical testing? Guess that’s another positive to receiving the temp offer?!