ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 hour ago, NycHopeful718 said:

I heard 490s on the phone, and when I got it in writing I was in the 4990s.

essentially from number 500 to number 5k. 

Huge difference. 

Thats why why I ask is this even a possiblitly 

I think it’s hard to determine at this point, especially knowing that the list is not established yet. Once the first class off the list goes in I guess we can gauge it better knowing how many mta process to fill each class and how often they hold a class in a year.

As of now it seems it takes 300 to process 1 class give and take then deferred and DQ’s.

11xx

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LEO1990 said:

Any idea when they will call me for the next step? I would assume August class since I'm in the 200's.

No idea. But if they’re doing 5 days of processing more applicants then they must need a lot of people and if you’ve already done pre employement I’d guess you’re good for August or September. 

Just got my letter for the medical.  Here are the details:

List #- Low 400's

5/18- Preemployment and drug test

7/12- Medical 

8/13- scheduled for class

So all this time since preemployment, I have not heard from MTA until my email today.

Good luck to all, just hang in there if you've already had PE and the drug test. 

41 minutes ago, sam716 said:

List #- Low 400's

7/12- Medical 

So all this time since preemployment, I have not heard from MTA until my email today.

Good luck to all, just hang in there if you've already had PE and the drug test. 

Congrats! How did they contact you?

2 hours ago, sam716 said:

List #- Low 400's

7/12- Medical 

Giving me hope here. I'm in the high 600's.

Thank you for the update!

3 hours ago, sam716 said:

List #- Low 400's

7/12- Medical 

I'm 3xx. Why would they skip and go to 400's? Did PE and drug test already.

41 minutes ago, thenyteowl said:

I'm 3xx. Why would they skip and go to 400's? Did PE and drug test already.

I spoke about this in an earlier post also. I'm 2xx and somehow still haven't been called. I did PE way back in May. Lady on the phone said the order in which the papers were stacked is the order in which you get called. Total BS because that makes it unfair and no longer about how well you scored on the test.

1 hour ago, LEO1990 said:

I spoke about this in an earlier post also. I'm 2xx and somehow still haven't been called. I did PE way back in May. Lady on the phone said the order in which the papers were stacked is the order in which you get called. Total BS because that makes it unfair and no longer about how well you scored on the test.

The way the papers are stacked??? That doesn't sound right. So your papers were stacked 200 places above someone in the 400's? During PE I was told everything is by your number and seniority. Why bother going thru the process of giving numbers then?

46 minutes ago, thenyteowl said:

The way the papers are stacked??? That doesn't sound right. So your papers were stacked 200 places above someone in the 400's? During PE I was told everything is by your number and seniority. Why bother going thru the process of giving numbers then?

Senority/Test score only matters up until the first PE call. Then everything gets scrambled until the next step. This is what I was told. That is why I haven't been called yet with a 2xx list number while people in the 600's have been.

4 hours ago, LEO1990 said:

Senority/Test score only matters up until the first PE call. Then everything gets scrambled until the next step. This is what I was told. That is why I haven't been called yet with a 2xx list number while people in the 600's have been.

That is so screwed up for everyone ready for schoolcar. My list # is 8** and I did the drug test in June. I'm not in a hurry for the medical "if" they do call me in...

5 hours ago, LEO1990 said:

Even when called for PE list # doesn’t matter. When I went in for PE, I chatted with a fellow who was from out of state and was there because there was scheduling conflict and he couldn’t show up at his appointed date so they advised him to just come in during the week. I’m list # 1** and the gentleman I chatted with was much much higher. 

5 hours ago, LEO1990 said:

But then what happens when we’re out of school car and it’s time to pick for vacations, etc. Those things usually go by seniority so how does that work? 

Edited by Djx

2 hours ago, Djx said:

But then what happens when we’re out of school car and it’s time to pick for vacations, etc. Those things usually go by seniority so how does that work? 

I believe seniority goes by the date you are officially hired. 

So I just completed final processing. TOs are still being hired provisionally because the city has not approved the list yet. From what the interviewer said it's just a formality until the list is approved,  no date as to when that will be done. Explains why no list has been published yet.

9 minutes ago, Gisnunnie said:

So I just completed final processing. TOs are still being hired provisionally because the city has not approved the list yet. From what the interviewer said it's just a formality until the list is approved,  no date as to when that will be done. Explains why no list has been published yet.

If you don’t mind me asking - What is your list number?

I apologize if you already stated it.

Just throwing this out there... in orientation I see a lot of conductors and B/Os being promoted to train operators so that may affect the rate in which they are calling people off the OC list. Just in my class I think about a third are promotions.  

14 hours ago, apokeguy said:

Just throwing this out there... in orientation I see a lot of conductors and B/Os being promoted to train operators so that may affect the rate in which they are calling people off the OC list. Just in my class I think about a third are promotions.  

Those being promoted could have come from the OC as well. From what I’ve heard, they are pretty much going down the line as if the list was established. Word is they agreed with the union to establish the list mid month, meaning July. 

So I got officially hired for TO position on Friday (List number 3**) Also asked a couple questions and the August class isn’t filled yet so look out for emails. They were doing a lot of medicals but I only noticed about a handful of people finalizing for TO.

49 minutes ago, OB456 said:

So I got officially hired for TO position on Friday (List number 3**) Also asked a couple questions and the August class isn’t filled yet so look out for emails. They were doing a lot of medicals but I only noticed about a handful of people finalizing for TO.

Thank you friend. Here’s hoping I see an email soon.

51 minutes ago, OB456 said:

So I got officially hired for TO position on Friday (List number 3**) Also asked a couple questions and the August class isn’t filled yet so look out for emails. They were doing a lot of medicals but I only noticed about a handful of people finalizing for

52 minutes ago, OB456 said:

TO.

When did you go in for PE and medical?

Just received the email to go in for medical on Friday. I know it's been asked before, but does anyone know what would get you placed on medical hold? Slightly high BP? Big neck? Thank you.                                                                                List #4**